IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

33 minutes ago, Sibdane said:

Excellent result. We didn’t have a lot of possession, but we nicked a goal and that’s all we need. Hope we can sustain those energy levels for the remainder of the season. 

I think the energy levels were amazing considering they have only been training with him since Monday. I thought they might fade towards the end of the match.

I didn't think he would getting us playing as good as that after a few days in the job and a transfer window closing to boot. 

Wasn't just a smash and grab against the team at the top of the Premiership - I could have been a bigger win. 

There will be a revitalized  spring in every bodies step this week. 

Cracking start for him 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Massively unfair shout that, even though I know it wasn't meant that way.

The Dogs of War kicked lumps out of the opposition, lets be honest, and that isn't what we did today. Not at all. 

What did we do to them Mark? 
I’m here for positive Everton vibes and if you’re giving them we all need it!! 😂

8 hours ago, Sibdane said:

Excellent result. We didn’t have a lot of possession, but we nicked a goal and that’s all we need. Hope we can sustain those energy levels for the remainder of the season. 

His style suits these players to a tee - as long as they are willing to put in the effort. When we had the ball, we were so much more effective with it and the quality of chances we created were clearer.

It was simple football by Dyche and the clearest change was when we lost possession every man raced to get back into a defensive set up and not allowing Arsenal the freedom to play through us, no one was just strolling back as we have been guilty of in the past, even DCL not once was he caught offside through laziness, then when the time was right we pressed as a team not just 2 or 3 which forced them back which they aren't use to, and when they surrendered possession we were in their half in force, I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen so many blue shirts in and around the oppositions box. The biggest challenge for any manager is getting all the players to accept and carry out your instructions, Dyche in his first game managed to do that, which says a lot about his man management skills, and yesterday's result will have reinforced into the players heads that he knows his stuff and they will willingly follow his instructions. When they came off at halftime Steve Stones waited to congratulate every player with a pat on the back for the way they had performed, nothing clever or hard about that, but again so simple and yet so effective players thrive off of recognition of a job well done. I think Dyche and his team are going to get the best out of these players as individuals and a team, whether that is good enough to keep us up remains to be seen, but at least we won't have failed for lack of trying and that should be a massive comfort for every Evertonian watching players living up to our motto.  

Just listening to his post match interviews and, regardless of it being Everton, its actually good to have Dyche back. Seemed an ever present in recent years and gives proper interviews. Only 51 aswell. Still young thar considering how long he's been around.

Long way to go yet. I think dyche will be well aware that this group of players have put out performances with yesterday’s effort for lampard only to revert to piss poor application In other games. I think his post match interview was mindful of that, he didn’t blow smoke up their backsides merely recognised their buyin and appreciated it. 

we seen when dcl went off that we are badly in need of a target man to cover him, shithousery from maupay isn’t gonna cover it. 

not sure if simms has that to his game, I’m sure he will be taking a look at it. Will cannon we worth a recall? 

We need to consistently play like we did yesterday. I’m still worried about the new manager bounce and not 100% convinced by this squad, but if yesterday is any indication of what’s to come then we seem to have a hand that will finally stabilize us. 

Just seems like I’ve felt this a few times before in the last few years, so I’ll eagerly(and patiently) wait to see what comes next.