IGNORED

Sean Dyche

Hafnia

37 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You let the DofF search the market and back his decision based on the best candidate he believes has the credentials we need, you don’t let Moshiri make the decisions on personnel. 

I’m liking the look of Schumacher at Plymouth.  His ambition is to manage us.  Early day but he’s doing great. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Anger? Sorry if I can’t bore the fuck out of everyone with some endless critique that looks at ways of expressing my footballing acumen in a way that doesn’t come across like I’m pissed off at watching my club fall into the lower leagues. 

to put it bluntly, he came in and gave us hope but now seems to have backed himself into a corner with stubborn picks and we are likely to get relegated, meanwhile he’s starting to play a political game and talking shite. 

He inherited a cluster fuck and hasn't turned it around in 2 months? Yeah, he's shit. 

Alternatively, he's come in and got that freefalling group to not already be down.

He's quite straight- talking, there's no games or deception with him. 

59 minutes ago, Palfy said:

You let the DofF search the market and back his decision based on the best candidate he believes has the credentials we need, you don’t let Moshiri make the decisions on personnel. 

In an ideal world. Bit this is Everton 🙈

Do we know if the DoF had any say in Dyche?

47 minutes ago, Matt said:

He inherited a cluster fuck and hasn't turned it around in 2 months? Yeah, he's shit. 

Alternatively, he's come in and got that freefalling group to not already be down.

He's quite straight- talking, there's no games or deception with him. 

He did come in and turn it round. Then he proceeded to make baffling subs and selections. Picking Godfrey for back to back disasters, keeping a bungling Holgate on the pitch when he was walking to a red card. 

he froze against Newcastle. Quite frankly I’m disappointed and didn’t expect him to be this erratic. 

41 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I didn’t say let’s get him in, I said it’s early days but I like the look of him. 

id like bielsa and to get someone like a Rooney, Schumacher to be their understudy. 

I know. I'd ask the same question of those aswell.

The point I'm getting at is whoever we were to get in (if it wasnt Dyche), we have to accept that they'll have rough times with this squad. We don't have the finance to both get rid and replace AND add the required depth.

Do you know what I mean? I'm not trying to have a pop at anyone but this is our reality.

Bielsa would need serious finance.

We need to at some point give someone time. Not doing so is very much a key reason for us being where we are now.

At the same time, I'm still of the opinion that if we'd had a striker this season, we wouldn't be down where we are. That's another topic though 😂

Just now, StevO said:

They aren’t asking questions that I want the answers to. They very rarely do. They ask questions that will drive a clickbait answer. 

They ask about Mina, which I wanna know about, the ask about Patterson which I wanna know about. 

vinny O’Connor is asking excellent questions to him and is getting nothing but word soup. Vinny is as blue as they come and judging by him he’s thoroughly pissed off with all of this. 

2 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

They ask about Mina, which I wanna know about, the ask about Patterson which I wanna know about. 

vinny O’Connor is asking excellent questions to him and is getting nothing but word soup. Vinny is as blue as they come and judging by him he’s thoroughly pissed off with all of this. 

The only thing I want to know about Mina is the date of his flight out of England on the day his contract expires. 
Patterson clearly isn’t impressing him, but he was shit before he got injured anyway. I want him to start, but he must not be impressing so much at Finch Farm. And if he can’t do much against Iwobi on the training pitch then I have little hope in the Prem. 

I don’t care if Vinny is a blue. Like all of the other journalists, he kept his mouth shut protecting Kenwright like so many others when he had a voice. He might be pissed off with the answers in the press conference, but our problems are on the pitch and in the board room. Not in the media gallery. 

Dyche had the team playing reasonable well all things considered. 

Douc's got himself a suspension a hot and cold Onana got himself injured for a few games, and the steadfast Coleman also gets himself injured and performances and results dip. 

He plays Godfrey ahead of a very hot and cold and very inexperienced and defenensivy not ready Patterson.

DCL has to go in the team, but he's not match sharp.

When Dyche was appointed and not a single player was brought in January I though we would be needing a good slice of luck and DCL on the pitch bagging in some goals - this has not happened. 

We can't be sacking managers on the back of 4-5 poor results when a team genuinely has had some disruptions.

I am not sure what manager would be making a silk purse out of the sows ear that is Everton. 

20 hours ago, Bailey said:

This is another one of these cases whereby the player that isnt playing (or isnt at the club) becomes better by not playing. Its the same with Patterson. 

According to whoscored, Wilson didnt win a single aerial dual, he was disposessed 5 times (most of Newcastle players), and had 6 occasions of bad control (most of Newcastle players). He also only made 16 passes. 

The centre backs won 5 aerial duels between them (Keane 4), 5 tackles, 5 interceptions, 8 clearances and blocked 2 shots. The only similar performer was Onana. 

I didn't get your impression from the game and the stats don't back it up either. I thought they dealt pretty well with Wilson and Newcastle generally until it all fell apart at the end. 

And yet, he scored twice. I completely respect you're impression I go off what I see as stats don't always portray the whole story. In the opening 20 minutes when we were all over them I counted 4 contested balls between Wilson and our CB's of which he came away with the ball 3 times, one was an occasion when Tarks won a header but played straight into Wilson who gained possession. Also in this time he was nearly through on goal from a basic long ball which caught Keane out (Godfrey to his credit covered well). The start of the game our midfield dominated with their high intensity approach & as soon as they ran out of steam Newcastle exposed how bad our defenders are.

Whoever plays in the backline for Leicester I hope they are at it because we won't be winning any games we concede 4 goals.

28 minutes ago, Btay said:

And yet, he scored twice. I completely respect you're impression I go off what I see as stats don't always portray the whole story. In the opening 20 minutes when we were all over them I counted 4 contested balls between Wilson and our CB's of which he came away with the ball 3 times, one was an occasion when Tarks won a header but played straight into Wilson who gained possession. Also in this time he was nearly through on goal from a basic long ball which caught Keane out (Godfrey to his credit covered well). The start of the game our midfield dominated with their high intensity approach & as soon as they ran out of steam Newcastle exposed how bad our defenders are.

Whoever plays in the backline for Leicester I hope they are at it because we won't be winning any games we concede 4 goals.

4? We won't be winning any games when we concede two goals....hasn't happened this season at least. 

4 hours ago, Wall Writer said:

I can't believe people are contemplating sacking the manager already. Some people never fucking learn.

Maybe if we actually sacked lampard after the Bournemouth game pre World Cup we wouldn’t be in this mess.?  Dyche is making selection and tactical mistakes that we don’t have enough games left to overcome. 

that’s my concern. He has the attitude of a man who doesn’t see things as his fault. He said Michael Keane had a good game the other night, he selected Godfrey when he has played worse than I’ve ever seen patterson play. 

42 minutes ago, Btay said:

Agreed. Not sure if who scored have stats for Wilson bouncing players off him. He gives up half a foot a d a few pound but had Keane wobbling all over the place. 

30 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Agreed. Not sure if who scored have stats for Wilson bouncing players off him. He gives up half a foot a d a few pound but had Keane wobbling all over the place. 

Keane at least won the ball well against Joelinton... Watch the first goal back & you'll see Wilson wins a ball that Tarks should have had covered easily.

He's only been in the job a couple of months. And we all know that the real problem is not the manager.

These players have time and time again thrown managers under the bus with their attitude, or lack of. 

And it's the board's inept decision making that has turned the squad into the dross we currently have. Not least the suicidal decision not to buy a striker either last summer or in January.

But...whatever, let's change the manager again, because that's what's gonna sort this mess out!

17 minutes ago, Btay said:

Keane at least won the ball well against Joelinton... Watch the first goal back & you'll see Wilson wins a ball that Tarks should have had covered easily.

Equally I can’t believe people can’t see his weaknesses, when it comes to team selection and making tactical changes in play when we are desperate for a freshening up or a different direction, he’s not proactive during game time, and is even slow at being reactive, I find that very concerning and difficult to get on board with. Whether the players are good enough or up for it doesn’t excuse his inability to make the decisions, he new what he was signing up for and convinced those who appointed him he could turn it around and save our season, well let’s see managerial input to make that happen because he’s been badly caught wanting in the last 5 games. And tell me if you think he was right in picking Godfrey over Patterson, not playing or introducing Gray our top scorer, and making no substitutions until the game was beyond us. If you think that’s how manager who knows we need something out of the last few games should react then enjoy your rewards. 

21 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

He's only been in the job a couple of months. And we all know that the real problem is not the manager.

These players have time and time again thrown managers under the bus with their attitude, or lack of. 

And it's the board's inept decision making that has turned the squad into the dross we currently have. Not least the suicidal decision not to buy a striker either last summer or in January.

But...whatever, let's change the manager again, because that's what's gonna sort this mess out!

So you’ve seen lack of attitude from the players under Dyche, can’t believe you have said that but please explain in more detail, because I’ve seen more attitude from the players than under any manager they’ve been involved with, there’s no lack of attitude or desire that I’ve seen. Looking forward to your response because I’m at loss to why you believe that. 

24 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Equally I can’t believe people can’t see his weaknesses, when it comes to team selection and making tactical changes in play when we are desperate for a freshening up or a different direction, he’s not proactive during game time, and is even slow at being reactive, I find that very concerning and difficult to get on board with. Whether the players are good enough or up for it doesn’t excuse his inability to make the decisions, he new what he was signing up for and convinced those who appointed him he could turn it around and save our season, well let’s see managerial input to make that happen because he’s been badly caught wanting in the last 5 games. And tell me if you think he was right in picking Godfrey over Patterson, not playing or introducing Gray our top scorer, and making no substitutions until the game was beyond us. If you think that’s how manager who knows we need something out of the last few games should react then enjoy your rewards. 

Did you mean to quote me here.... 

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

So you’ve seen lack of attitude from the players under Dyche, can’t believe you have said that but please explain in more detail, because I’ve seen more attitude from the players than under any manager they’ve been involved with, there’s no lack of attitude or desire that I’ve seen. Looking forward to your response because I’m at loss to why you believe that. 

Completely agree with this. I’ll be the first to get at the players, but there is a distinct lack of coaching going on from an attacking perspective. Players look absolutely void of ideas. 

he needed to address grays attitude in the Fulham game, yet played him against palace where he absolutely reeled the place out with his attitude.  So I’m guessing he taught gray a lesson by being maupay on the other night who is arguably the shittest centre forward I’ve seen in a long long time.   Probably looks tidy in 5 a side, absolute dog shit in games where we need a forward to make an impact. 

30 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree. Under Dyche, the players have indeed shown more attitude and desire. I'm sorry if my post was misleading in this regard. In fact, that probably highlights the fact why we shouldn't be getting rid of the manager so quickly.

The point I was trying to allude to was that the squad (and board) needs an overhaul not the managerial staff (again). Or to put it another way, you can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. (You don't have to be Einstein to realise that.)

18 minutes ago, Wall Writer said:

I agree. Under Dyche, the players have indeed shown more attitude and desire. I'm sorry if my post was misleading in this regard. In fact, that probably highlights the fact why we shouldn't be getting rid of the manager so quickly.

The point I was trying to allude to was that the squad (and board) needs an overhaul not the managerial staff (again). Or to put it another way, you can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. (You don't have to be Einstein to realise that.)

I’m not advocating we sack him now, all though his decisions of late have riled me that much if he was sacked tomorrow I wouldn’t condemn it. 

1 hour ago, Wall Writer said:

We did buy a striker in the summer....it's just it was one of the worst decisions we've made in recent times. The available options were limited, but we still scouted this player and thought he would do a job.

I am not saying we only needed one striker but the board did buy one and I believe Thelwell needs to take some responsibility here. As far as I can tell, he seems to be going largely free of accountability. Working under the same shitty constraints (Moshri interference/lack of control) as Brands did yet Brands got his fair dose of shite ("no better than Walsh etc")

No wonder we are where we are. For all the shit the board gets for being so short-sighted and rash in its decision-making, we fans make them look like amateurs when it comes to self-destructive tendencies.

Some daft sub decisions is enough to warrant the manager being written off already? Jesus wept, no wonder the board think they can play us for fools with utter nonsense like that.