IGNORED

Arsenal (Home) 4th February

Romey 1878

7 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I was shitting myself for the last half an hour.

Josh coped with it by moving stuff from the washing machine (kitchen) to the tumble dryer (cabin in the garden) very slowly:D

I just worked on the assumption that we were going to get beat 1-2 and anything better than that was a bonus.

Very loud when the whistle went, neighbours probably didn't appreciate:P

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Josh coped with it by moving stuff from the washing machine (kitchen) to the tumble dryer (cabin in the garden) very slowly:D

I just worked on the assumption that we were going to get beat 1-2 and anything better than that was a bonus.

Very loud when the whistle went, neighbours probably didn't appreciate:P

My nerves were actually fine until we scored. Then all I could think was "fuck, if we lose this now it's going to destroy those players."

Fortunately the fella next to me was on the verge of keeling over so I managed to laugh my way through the agony.

10 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

My nerves were actually fine until we scored. Then all I could think was "fuck, if we lose this now it's going to destroy those players."

Fortunately the fella next to me was on the verge of keeling over so I managed to laugh my way through the agony.

Always the way, being 1-0 up is far and away the most stressful scoreline.

5 hours ago, Hafnia said:

In all seriousness that Win was absolutely ginormous……

if we lost that game it would have given West Ham Leeds wolves a big boost. They will have played with more freedom and less worry. Don’t get me wrong wolves clearly did anyway, but collectively they probably thought we would be lucky to get 1 point out of the first 2 dyche games. 

it will galvanise the team massively, he’s sent them out to have a few beers and the work starts again on Monday. 

Exactly this mate. The message it sends to the teams around who after our transfer window and recent form would have thought we were going down without a fight.

Its absolutely critical that we get the same performance in the Derby, there is no way liverpool are going to want it right now and if we put in that same effort we can get something from that game.

6 hours ago, Hafnia said:

In all seriousness that Win was absolutely ginormous……

if we lost that game it would have given West Ham Leeds wolves a big boost. They will have played with more freedom and less worry. Don’t get me wrong wolves clearly did anyway, but collectively they probably thought we would be lucky to get 1 point out of the first 2 dyche games. 

it will galvanise the team massively, he’s sent them out to have a few beers and the work starts again on Monday. 

I admire this post because of the bravery of using the word "ginormous". 

Although, I often use it in my speech, I have never used it in writing as I just don't know how to spell it, I can't imagine how it should be spelt, and even when I check it, it still looks wrong, and yet I still have no idea how it would spell be spelt differently.

Bravo to you @Hafnia.

I do agree with you though, a great win - great for confidence, great for the manager (not least in terms of the trust of both the fans and the players), and a really good marker for going forward. 

In a lighter note... After keeping out the league leaders who are flying at the moment, a trip to a faltering Liverpool side should be easy pickings!

Ok, maybe I've had a couple too many glasses (bottles) of wine 🍷😜, let's not get too carried away.

2 minutes ago, barryj said:

I said that to my son at the time and I’m sat in the main stand the opposite side to where this happens. I think that shows how inept the referee and lineman were today. 

Straight away I said that shouldn't have been a corner, but forgot all about it once the corner came in and we scored. It was only watching MOTD that I remembered again.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Straight away I said that shouldn't have been a corner, but forgot all about it once the corner came in and we scored. It was only watching MOTD that I remembered again.

I was exactly the same until my son was telling me on way home a few Arsenal fans were moaning about it on social media. I couldn’t care less they certainly got their fair share of dodgy decisions. 

How good was Onana today! He’s going from strength to strength. I hate the game at Anfield but I am looking forward to him getting into their fragile midfield. 

8 hours ago, barryj said:

I said that to my son at the time and I’m sat in the main stand the opposite side to where this happens. I think that shows how inept the referee and lineman were today. 

Ref was awful, early in first half, one of the arse defenders had both arms around Dom’s neck as they went up for a ball, totally ignored, it really felt like there was an agenda in favour of the top teams going on to me.

2 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Ref was awful, early in first half, one of the arse defenders had both arms around Dom’s neck as they went up for a ball, totally ignored, it really felt like there was an agenda in favour of the top teams going on to me.

No doubt about it.  The refs will be trying to keep us down there too, makes for good viewing figures if a big side are relegation candidates 

52 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

On the bounce means consecutively....we don't have four away games in a row. It's LIV then Leeds at home for a start. 

:worship:Thank-you.

One of my (many and varied) big pet hates is the widespread Americanisation of consecutive to back-to-back:shakingfist: