IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

13 hours ago, StevO said:

I honestly don’t think it does. 

No?

Hmmm. I'm thinking along the context of what has been debated on here about us forgetting wingers, going for a scorer etc.

So, let's say we wanted Mitrovic. You don't think the asking price we'd have to pay is affected by the interest from a Saudi club?

On the flip, let's now say Fulham want another striker and are in a similar market to us. You don't think them now having £43mill affects the asking price?

I can't see how it doesn't have a knock on effect. I think we've all seen transfer fees shoot up with more money coming into the game?

Like everything though, it's all opinions.

2 hours ago, Newty82 said:

No?

Hmmm. I'm thinking along the context of what has been debated on here about us forgetting wingers, going for a scorer etc.

So, let's say we wanted Mitrovic. You don't think the asking price we'd have to pay is affected by the interest from a Saudi club?

On the flip, let's now say Fulham want another striker and are in a similar market to us. You don't think them now having £43mill affects the asking price?

I can't see how it doesn't have a knock on effect. I think we've all seen transfer fees shoot up with more money coming into the game?

Like everything though, it's all opinions.

If we were trying to buy a player who also had interest from a Saudi team then of course it makes a difference then. But in that scenario we’re out of it immediately. 
In terms of general transfer prices, I don’t think they are pushing prices up. They are just a single league splashing money about. I don’t see what they are doing making any difference to transfer fees between clubs around the other leagues. 

1 minute ago, StevO said:

If we were trying to buy a player who also had interest from a Saudi team then of course it makes a difference then. But in that scenario we’re out of it immediately. 
In terms of general transfer prices, I don’t think they are pushing prices up. They are just a single league splashing money about. I don’t see what they are doing making any difference to transfer fees between clubs around the other leagues. 

I hope you're right but we'll see.

Generally when there is more competition for a commodity, the prices go up.

Anyway, leave that there. 2 valid opinions at different ends. Nothing wrong with that 👍

10 minutes ago, StevO said:

Anyone not understand why Dyche wants options on the wings after seeing that?

We could have had Ronaldo and Benzema up front today, we still wouldn’t have got up the pitch or a decent ball into the box. 

Toothless. 

And Iwobi likely out for a while now, we have Danjuma as our only winger next week. It'll likely be him and Dobbin, and after seeing 45 mins of Dobbin today, he's not the answer

15 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

And Iwobi likely out for a while now, we have Danjuma as our only winger next week. It'll likely be him and Dobbin, and after seeing 45 mins of Dobbin today, he's not the answer

I didn’t see what happen to Iwobi, I won’t lie, fell asleep at half time and woke up to the cheer of the fourth goal. 

54 minutes ago, StevO said:

I didn’t see what happen to Iwobi, I won’t lie, fell asleep at half time and woke up to the cheer of the fourth goal. 

Nor me, I was pegging the washing out… had my dad round today to watch and in the time I pegged out, put another wash on and got the chicken out/ pre-heated the oven - he called me 3 times - Dobbin on, Iwobi off and 3-0 Villa… surprisingly, I returned to endure the rest. Best decision I made was turning down tickets today (in the Villa end).

12 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Nor me, I was pegging the washing out… had my dad round today to watch and in the time I pegged out, put another wash on and got the chicken out/ pre-heated the oven - he called me 3 times - Dobbin on, Iwobi off and 3-0 Villa… surprisingly, I returned to endure the rest. Best decision I made was turning down tickets today (in the Villa end).

Hope you enjoyed the chicken. It's the little things that matter.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

Anyone not understand why Dyche wants options on the wings after seeing that?

We could have had Ronaldo and Benzema up front today, we still wouldn’t have got up the pitch or a decent ball into the box. 

Toothless. 

Been saying the same for 18 months. Doesn’t matter who you have as a forward if your not creating chances.

Our creative players are just not at this level. McNeil provided hope, and I can’t wait for him to be back. Harrison will hopefully fill the other side. And I think Danjuma showed enough to say he can create a few chances.

45 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Also, we need to move on from Doucoure in the 10 position… I’m grateful for what he did last season but he’s not a creator or finisher (even though he scores the odd cracker) - he still a useful asset but he needs to play deeper in my opinion which probably means not an automatic choice.

I agree. Iwobi could be good, I really hope Dele could come in and make that position his own. Maybe Danjuma. 
With Doucoure out of there it give us Gana, Onana, Garner and Doucoure for the two midfield spots too. 

6 hours ago, StevO said:

I agree. Iwobi could be good, I really hope Dele could come in and make that position his own. Maybe Danjuma. 
With Doucoure out of there it give us Gana, Onana, Garner and Doucoure for the two midfield spots too. 

When we dont have injuries to worry about, I'd put Doucoure back with Garner centrally, drop Gana, Onana and Iwobi. McNeil and Harrison down the wings, Danjuma either leading the line or behind Dom. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

When we dont have injuries to worry about, I'd put Doucoure back with Garner centrally, drop Gana, Onana and Iwobi. McNeil and Harrison down the wings, Danjuma either leading the line or behind Dom. 

If Iwobi isn’t going to extend his contract then we shouldn’t play him unless no other option is available, we need to be building a team with players that are going to be around for longer than one season, you can’t expect consistency when you are playing 2-3 or 4 players that you know won’t be around next season, it creates to much upheaval at the start of the following season. 

If we get Adams in, that would give Dyche some different options as well.

As centre forwards we’d have Calvert Lewin with Adams and Maupay as backups, but I feel like Adams and Maupay could play as the supporting forward in his 4-4-2 as well. Danjuma would offer a more tricky option, Iwobi would be more of a midfield type player in there, like more of a Jeff Hendrick type.

Though I do agree that the most likely plan or the one I want to see most is Danjuma behind DCL.