IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2023/09/01/everton-set-to-be-busiest-club-in-premier-league-on-transfer-deadline-day-with-multiple-signings-in-the-works/

this could be a very busy day - for Everton (and a lot of other teams).

Our squad could look very different at 11pm tonight than it did when the season kicked off a fortnight ago. We will need a before and after graphic!!

Have we still got Gbamin and Gomes to go? Can't see either of those 2 featuring.

If we can get a tidy fee for Iwobi, that has to happen. Only because of his contract. We've lost enough players on a free!

Grey is clearly unfancied.

Cannon. Respect the lad if he wants to go play first team football.

That's 5 out? Sounds scary but only 1 is actually playing a part in the squad just now.

So long as it opens the door for others to come in. Plus a nicely reduced wage bill.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Gomes will go on loan with a loan fee.

Gambin will either go or have contract terminated, either way thats two big wages off our books.

Iwobi is the biggest earner so this would be quite the wage bill reduction....depending on what we would have to contribute to Kalvin's wages (if that comes off)

Centre midfield is certainly a position to keep an eye on. We may look well stocked now but only Onana and Garner are here ‘long-term’ as it stands:

Gueye - 1yr

Doucoure - 1yr

Dele - 1yr

Gomes - 1yr (should be gone today)

Gbamin - 1yr (should be gone today)

Hard to say whether the top 3 will still be here after this season so it’s certainly an area we’ll be addressing over the next 3 windows (maybe starting today).

Forgot about Dele!

If he can kick on, even at 75% of his previous best, that in itself is like a new exciting signing.

We could, potentially, have a decent front line that will help steer us away from the bottom 3.

I think many of us believe/know that having the ability to score goals will ease the pressure on the backline. It'll allow us to actually take a lead and defend it in the last 10 - 15minutes...such a beautiful scenario 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Forgot about Dele!

If he can kick on, even at 75% of his previous best, that in itself is like a new exciting signing.

We could, potentially, have a decent front line that will help steer us away from the bottom 3.

I think many of us believe/know that having the ability to score goals will ease the pressure on the backline. It'll allow us to actually take a lead and defend it in the last 10 - 15minutes...such a beautiful scenario 😂😂

You make it sound like it’s possible and life is good 👏👏😂

7 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I think it's dangerous to rate our window so soon. Yes it's miles better than Jan (because we got no one) however last summer we were saying the same thing - we thought "great we have 2 new CBs, especially high on Tarks, we were delighted with midfield recruits and the age of Onana/Garner (some were happy with Gana coming back)..McNeil etc

Some were but none of it matters when you have a manager as crap as Lampard! 

6 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Not sure why anyone reads this site.  Clickbait merchant. 

Not sure we will be that busy.  I have a feeling it will be one in and hopefully (fingers crossed) multiple out.  Have some deadwood we need to shift.

Just now, Fosse Captain said:

Anyone else expecting the departures to happen, but rumoured signings turn out to be just that? rumours.
and the classic 'we tried right up to the deadline, but couldn't quite get the deal done' to be rolled out.
Everton have burnt us all so badly over the years, sorry for the pessimism 😬😂

Yep! Has all gone rather quiet regarding incomings

20 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think my concern is that if we're getting rid of Iwobi, do we have any creative midfielders? 

I imagine it's Danjuma then Doucoure for creativity and link up. Not great but we do have options, more would have course be better.