IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

4 hours ago, Btay said:

We are CB away from a very good window in my opinion.

…as long as it doesn’t impact on Branthwaite being a starter - ideally, I’d like a centre-back who is just as comfortable as full-back cover. It does seem we are after a centre-back who can cover rb by the links.

I also want a live wire winger - once again the Gnonto pursuit and Sulemana links suggest we’re in the market for one.

I’m being greedy now but if Arsenal/Man C are really allowing Smith-Rowe/Palmer leave, even for just a season/ buy-back, then we need to be all over this.

16 minutes ago, c1982 said:

…as long as it doesn’t impact on Branthwaite being a starter - ideally, I’d like a centre-back who is just as comfortable as full-back cover. It does seem we are after a centre-back who can cover rb by the links.

I also want a live wire winger - once again the Gnonto pursuit and Sulemana links suggest we’re in the market for one.

I’m being greedy now but if Arsenal/Man C are really allowing Smith-Rowe/Palmer leave, even for just a season/ buy-back, then we need to be all over this.

Was gonna say, Branthwaite has to be that CB. 

On 10/07/2023 at 13:59, AlbanyNYToffee said:

If all we can do is scrape the barrel then I'd be inclined to take a punt (I know we can't have them all) on the following loans:
Nketiah
Reiss Nelson
Harwood-Bellis
Rico Lewis
Isaac Hayden
Djed Spence
Cornet

Coming back to this as I highly doubt we spend cash on anyone else. Spence is off to Leeds. Hayden's deal to Luton is falling through. I'd add Cole Palmer to the list if we can sneak in there. Nketiah and Cornet not available it seems. 

I'd consider giving up a nut if we sold Keane and brought in Harwood-Bellis with an option to buy. 

IN: Young, Chermiti, Beto
OUT: Nkounkou, Kean, Simms, Samuels-Smith
LOAN IN: Danjuma, Harrison
LOAN OUT: Tyrer, Warrington, Mills, Leban, Welch, Holgate
CONTRACT RENEWED/EXTENDED: Seamus, Lonergan, J Virginia

YOUTH CONTRACTS: Sherif, Jones, Barker, Tierney, Heath, Butler, Djankpata

Depth:
GK - Pickford, Virginia, Lonergan
RB - Patterson, Coleman
CB - Tarky, Branthwaite, Keane, Godfrey
LB - Mykolenko, Young
CM - Gana, Onana, Doucoure, Garner, Dele, Gbamin, Gomes, Onyango
W - Iwobi, McNeil, Danjuma, Gray, Harrison, Dobbin
ST - DCL, Beto, Chermiti, Maupay, Cannon

28 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

Yes, which means their contracts will have to run down and they walk. 

That or they go out on loan (like gbamin and Gomes last year)

Yes I was just being slightly pedantic. You said no-one wants them, whereas the truth is plenty of clubs want them, they just don't want to pay for them. Slight difference, neither helps us of course.

If Iwobi, Gray and Cannon are going (as rumoured) I think we’ll need 2 attacking players wide/10.

Options:

Striker: Beto, DCL, Maupay (I think he’s available at the right price), Chermiti

Wings/10: McNeil, Harrison, Danjuma, Dobbin

Not bad options now when fully fit but look at our injuries already and it shows we’re short.

With quite a few central midfield options already, I shouldn’t be hoping for Kalvin Phillips on-loan but he’d improve us so so much - he’s off somewhere on-loan. I’d happily see Garner played right-back (a role I think he plays better than right mid) regularly to fit Phillips - not happening anyway!!!

On 31/08/2023 at 06:16, Bailey said:

I think we really need 3 players to make the squad look more complete:

1. RB

2. Number 10 / creative midfielder

3. CB

I think this has been one of our best windows for a long time but add any of those and it will just get better and better.

I think it's dangerous to rate our window so soon. Yes it's miles better than Jan (because we got no one) however last summer we were saying the same thing - we thought "great we have 2 new CBs, especially high on Tarks, we were delighted with midfield recruits and the age of Onana/Garner (some were happy with Gana coming back)..McNeil etc