IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

51 minutes ago, Goodison Glory said:

We think we are a shambles (and we might very well be) but if we want a glass half full view then look at wolves. Unreal.

We were there 2 years ago we have towed the line as much as possible as far as FFP and sustainability is concerned. 
next season new stadium new beginning. 

2 minutes ago, patto said:

We were there 2 years ago we have towed the line as much as possible as far as FFP and sustainability is concerned. 

And if we can't get shot of them this window (which we won't) , Gomes wages at £120k a week and Holgate wages at £70k a week to free up to spend on MUCH better players!

15 minutes ago, patto said:

https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city

FFP has been a major pain in the arse for us over the past few years. We are (had to) address it, and we have to hope that we have now well and truly leant our lesson. I think we are going to have to negotiate some murky waters this year (with a October hearing and still a still weakish squad), but I am hopeful there will be at least 4-5 weaker teams this year, with maybe three dropping away from the pack quite sharpish.

I am hoping with our books getting in to a better order, a ever younger squad, the lessons learn and the new stadium revenues getting closer by the month now, we are maybe at a turning point where things are done properly at the club with a sound foundation.

I see this article on net spends and it does make you wonder how many more teams are going to end up like ourselves, Leicester and Wolves over the coming years. Not all are going to be getting CL football on a regular basis!!! 

Once this season is out of the way there is a good chance that we could steadily rise while other fall away - the key is that a club HAS to be run in a sustainable manner, and try to take short cuts at your risk.

The net spend on the top clubs does really show that unless you get very lucky, that top 5-6 is pretty much a closed shop to most team.  

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city

FFP has been a major pain in the arse for us over the past few years. We are (had to) address it, and we have to hope that we have now well and truly leant our lesson. I think we are going to have to negotiate some murky waters this year (with a October hearing and still a still weakish squad), but I am hopeful there will be at least 4-5 weaker teams this year, with maybe three dropping away from the pack quite sharpish.

I am hoping with our books getting in to a better order, a ever younger squad, the lessons learn and the new stadium revenues getting closer by the month now, we are maybe at a turning point where things are done properly at the club with a sound foundation.

I see this article on net spends and it does make you wonder how many more teams are going to end up like ourselves, Leicester and Wolves over the coming years. Not all are going to be getting CL football on a regular basis!!! 

Once this season is out of the way there is a good chance that we could steadily rise while other fall away - the key is that a club HAS to be run in a sustainable manner, and try to take short cuts at your risk.

The net spend on the top clubs does really show that unless you get very lucky, that top 5-6 is pretty much a closed shop to most team.  

2 years of making profit is the right direction. How were in trouble when were not close to being the worst in that list! 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Luton just blow my mind, what they've achieved over the last several years. Everyone expects them to be crushed this year, but let's see whether they can pull another rabbit out of the hat. And their stadium...

Not to get too excited but some of the players we're being linked with show some sign of hard lessons learnt...as in their age etc.

Plus it feels like we are trying to plug that mahossive hole we've had for years...up top!

Other than that, regards FFP, how we're still embroiled in it despite all our cutbacks just shows how much we fucked it up. But, also, as someone else has touched on, surely a load of other teams are going to get sucked into it?

So, hopefully 15 teams will have spending embargoes by the time we move into the stadium and we'll be over ours, leaving us ready to rock and finish 15th 🙌

11 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I don't recall 2 years ago (or any year for that matter) where we couldn't even sign FREE transfers. 

Wolves have paid £44m for Cuhna this summer, making his loan a permanent deal, and spent wildly in January to stay up… like us previously, they’ve made their own mess!