IGNORED

Summer 2023 Transfer Window (The Great Everton Depression)

Eden Hazard is expected to retire, according to the news outlets he's been offered to a variety of countries including the USA and Saudi Arabia. The best offer apparently was to join Inter Miami with Messi, but he turned it down in favour of hanging up his boots.

In his prime at Chelsea, he was up there with the best in the world. Quite amazing how things panned out at Madrid.

Apparently Hazard was the opposite of Ronaldo in terms of training. Ronaldo would still hone his craft at training, try hard, be there early etc. I read that hazard was last to training and first to leave. Didn't want to improve just use the god given talent he had..:I guess in that context it's no surprise he will just retire...he had enough money and doesn't have the character to try and start again. 

Ok, loans come back, players purchased and players moved on - squad changes all a bit complicated, but ulimately the difference to first team squad from end of last season and now going in to this is.

In

Beto, Young, Harrision, Danjuma, Chermiti, Branthwaite, Dele, Dobbin and Gomes

Out

Coady, Mina, Davies, Simms, Iwobi, Maupay, Holgate, Vinagre, Begovic (still potential to lose Gray)

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

Ok, loans come back, players purchased and players moved on - squad changes all a bit complicated, but ulimately the difference to first team squad from end of last season and now going in to this is.

In

Beto, Young, Harrision, Danjuma, Chermiti, Branthwaite, Dele, Dobbin and Gomes

Out

Coady, Mina, Davies, Simms, Iwobi, Maupay, Holgate, Vinagre, Begovic (still potential to lose Gray)

And this is good business.

I'm surprised at the comments in other threads (demari etc) about us being weaker vs last season. I agree we might be lesser in number but not quality.

GK - No material difference here.

FB - essentially we replaced bench fodder (Vinagre) with a starter (Young)

CB - Granted, def fewer in numbers but arguably stronger (Branthwaite vs Coady/Mina/Holgate)

Mid - Kept the core and essentially replaced Davies with Gomes. I'll call that net-neutral. Not counting the return of Dele.

Wide - Replaced Iwobi / Gray (likely), & Townsend (who never played) with Harrison/Danjuma and Dobbin for depth. Hands down stronger. 

Forward - here's the big change. We all agreed that Simms and Maupay were not up to scratch. We've gone and replaced them with Beto and Chermiti. Again, hands down better.

We also sold Niles, Samuels and Cannon who didn't contribute last season.

so def fewer in number particularly in CB but I think the squad is stronger and we finally got what we asked for up front. 

22 hours ago, Goodison Glory said:

I'm surprised at the comments in other threads (demari etc) about us being weaker vs last season. I agree we might be lesser in number but not quality.

GK - No material difference here.

FB - essentially we replaced bench fodder (Vinagre) with a starter (Young)

CB - Granted, def fewer in numbers but arguably stronger (Branthwaite vs Coady/Mina/Holgate)

Mid - Kept the core and essentially replaced Davies with Gomes. I'll call that net-neutral. Not counting the return of Dele.

Wide - Replaced Iwobi / Gray (likely), & Townsend (who never played) with Harrison/Danjuma and Dobbin for depth. Hands down stronger. 

Forward - here's the big change. We all agreed that Simms and Maupay were not up to scratch. We've gone and replaced them with Beto and Chermiti. Again, hands down better.

We also sold Niles, Samuels and Cannon who didn't contribute last season.

so def fewer in number particularly in CB but I think the squad is stronger and we finally got what we asked for up front. 

The squad had no depth last season and it just got a lot smaller so we are definitely weaker, even if the staring XI is stronger 

The lack of options at CB and midfield scares the shit out of me, especially when Doucs and Gana piss off to the Afcon, which is why I can’t believe we are rumoured to be trying to offload Gomes this month

For me we look much stronger in attack and out wide but everywhere else we are considerably weaker, including the GK department. Virginia is a definite downgrade on Begovic 

18 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The squad had no depth last season and it just got a lot smaller so we are definitely weaker, even if the staring XI is stronger 

The lack of options at CB and midfield scares the shit out of me, especially when Doucs and Gana piss off to the Afcon, which is why I can’t believe we are rumoured to be trying to offload Gomes this month

For me we look much stronger in attack and out wide but everywhere else we are considerably weaker, including the GK department. Virginia is a definite downgrade on Begovic 

It's a fair call out about the AFCON but  another window will open before then and it is widely known that we would've have brought more players in had we sold iwobi and Gray earlier. So I'm not worried about that. 

You think we are weaker in full back?

23 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Always good to have a solid staring XI, we might lose a few games but we'll be able to unnerve the opposition with a piercing glare😳

Got to disagree. 
We may have a better starting 11.

But we are definitely weaker when it comes to staring! 

Mina had one proper evil glare. 
Gray thought he was a star and deserved more. 
Iwobi ran around looking starry eyes. 
Small was sure he was a star… but his light faded fast it seems.

Ye definitely weaker in the staring department.

6 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Got to disagree. 
We may have a better starting 11.

But we are definitely weaker when it comes to staring! 

Mina had one proper evil glare. 
Gray thought he was a star and deserved more. 
Iwobi ran around looking starry eyes. 
Small was sure he was a star… but his light faded fast it seems.

Ye definitely weaker in the staring department.

Small went a couple of years ago, Shukes. So clearly still shining bright in your eyes.

• 5 months later...

Just for fun here's a look at the squad at the end of the season

Out of contract: Lonergan, Crellin, Coleman, Young, Dele, Gomes, Gana, Harrison (loan end), Danjuma (loan end) 

GK - Pickford, JVirginia
RB - Patterson 
CB - Tarky, Branthwaite, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate
LB - Myko
CM - Onana, Garner, Doucoure
W - McNeil, Dobbin
ST - DCL, Beto, Chermiti, Maupay

3 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Just for fun here's a look at the squad at the end of the season

Out of contract: Lonergan, Crellin, Coleman, Young, Dele, Gomes, Gana, Harrison (loan end), Danjuma (loan end) 

GK - Pickford, JVirginia
RB - Patterson 
CB - Tarky, Branthwaite, Keane, Godfrey, Holgate
LB - Myko
CM - Onana, Garner, Doucoure
W - McNeil, Dobbin
ST - DCL, Beto, Chermiti, Maupay

Makes the takeover that much important, the fact that we currently have an owner that doesn't want to put in any more money and an incomplete starting 11. We're gonna be looking at maximum loans for another year. 

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Even if we get taken over, we will still struggle to put anymore money into the squad at least for the next 12 months.

Why? We've barely spent anything of late and we can project increased revenue of BMD now we know the move in date to justify paying more up front.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why? We've barely spent anything of late and we can project increased revenue of BMD now we know the move in date to justify paying more up front.

Is there a proposed figure for the expected increase in revenue at BMD

12 hours ago, Matt said:

We still need to earn the money first for FFP though don’t we. And as we’re about to be charged again, I would guess we still have work to do. 
Just me presuming, but I would imagine we have certain meets set for us that have been agreed to get back into green.

But that is me completely making it up in my head.

12 hours ago, Matt said:

Oh, no idea. @StevOhad been the geek for all that relating to the stadium.

13 hours ago, Btay said:

Is there a proposed figure for the expected increase in revenue at BMD

Yeah, the exact figure was £fuckingloads. Happy to help. 😂

I’ve seen nothing from the club, but various sources saying from £20m to £40m per season. It’s going to depend on how well we can maximise the opportunity. 

The club are working with event companies and promoters to get BMD making money every day of the year. My views on it have always been that we need to absolutely milk the thing. Any sporting events we can get in there we need to get, concerts and festivals too.