IGNORED

Leeds (Home) 18th February

Romey 1878

• Everton have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League games against Leeds (W5 D4), going down 1-0 at home in November 2020.

• Leeds have won just one of their last 15 away league games against Everton (D7 L7), a 1-0 victory in November 2020.

• Everton are the lowest scorers in the Premier League this season with 16 goals, though these have come from 10 different goalscorers (excluding own goals). Only three players have scored more than once for the Toffees this term, with one of those (Anthony Gordon, three) no longer playing for the club (Demarai Gray three, Dwight McNeil two).

I think it’s less about tactics and more about commitment you saw in the areas am game vs the Liverpool game what commitment does to affect a games I don’t mind Simms being given more chances as 1 game is not enough to judge him. BUT we need to understand his strengths and use them. Against the reds he was used as a target man and his physique suggest he can do that, but is that his game

Not much we can draw from the first two games as they were so Jekyll and Hyde. Really the only constant was history.

1. We typically do poorly at Anfield

2. We typically get points against ARS at hime

3. our new managers typically win their first game.

So, I am using the Leeds game as the barometer. Can the team bring the intensity and the quality in games where it matters the most. Do they wilt under the pressure or can they step up. 

any points are welcomed, however winning home games and winning games against other relegation candidates is a MUST.

I think this is a game that can go either way. Despite sacking their manager they are still a bit batshit crazy based on the bits of the two games I saw against United.

I expect them to create chances and cause us problems, especially Gnonto who looks a real player.

They are still incredibly vulnerable though and once you get through that initial press, you can really get at them. I don't expect us to piss around with it at the back so I would hope this wouldn't be too much of a problem and given how many poor passes that came from our back 4 on Monday, I would hope Dyche doesn't even think about it.

Fair to say we desperately need 10 points from next 5 matches.  That would give us 28 points from 27 matches, and give us a reasonable shot at 38-40 points.  Something dreadful like 2-3 points from next 5, and we’re done.  A mediocre 5-6 points, and we’re in big trouble.

The Leeds match is a proverbial 6-pointer, and so a must win.

This is one of many cup finals we have to play to stay up, after my anger settled down on Monday, i would like everyone else been delighted to take 3 points from SD first 2 games. But he has to be hard with them, and change those who make the most mistakes, and its our misfortune that we replaced Coleman with a crock who plays 2 and misses 6. as much as i like the lad, We need to fight more than ever for our club, because those who own us have given us no help what so ever. In fact they have gone out of their we to hinder us.

I think in this game we are going to have to be a little braver and have two up front whether than be  Maupay and Grey or Simms and Grey. So a 4-4-2 with Doucoure dropped to the bench. Again think our best bet in getting to the byline and trying to win plenty corners.  Get the big lads in the box for set pieces. Just be alert to fucking breaks and take a foul and yellow at the edge of their box if needed!!!

It's how we scored against Arsenal and very nearly took the led at Anfield (would have been a different game had we took the lead rather than go a goal down). We are going to have to do this to stay up - its dull as fuck, but with this squad its the most dangerous we are going to be. 

2 hours ago, RuffRob said:

I think in this game we are going to have to be a little braver and have two up front whether than be  Maupay and Grey or Simms and Grey. So a 4-4-2 with Doucoure dropped to the bench. Again think our best bet in getting to the byline and trying to win plenty corners.  Get the big lads in the box for set pieces. Just be alert to fucking breaks and take a foul and yellow at the edge of their box if needed!!!

I like this general idea.  I’m for dropping McNeil and Doucouré, replacing them with Gray and Maupay.  I’m still so angry at Coady’s unfathomable failure even to attempt to get a foot on the cross for that second goal, that I prefer he be replaced by any of Mina, Godfrey, Holgate, or even Keane.

Go 4-1-3-2, hoping Simms/Maupay can get us a goal.  Gana, stay back as absolute sitting DCM.  If Gray is ineffective going forward, or is lazy getting back to help defend, replace him at halftime.

Pickford

Coleman     Mina/or?      Tarkowski         Mykolenko

Gana

Iwobi                     Onana                     Gray

Maupay                 Simms

Leeds have conceded 38 goals this season we have conceded 30 so on paper we have the better defence, then you look at goals scored and Leeds have 28 and us 16, and you start to think fuck me they are probably slight favourites to win this, with a draw being the likely outcome, which is not good enough for us. From watching the last two games the only thing that I can see winning us this game is set plays from corners, but the problem being now Leeds will have seen the same thing and will be working hard in training to nullify that threat. I'll be honest I'm shitting myself about the next two games, we need all 6 points 2,3 or 4 won't be good enough, but how we can them I honestly don't know when we are so poor up front. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

I’m dreading this game.  Absolutely dreading it. 

Same.  Leeds may give up goals but they also score them. They have 26 goals this season compared to our 15. Rodrigo does have 10 of their goals and looks to be missing the game which might be a positive for us / levels out the goals for.  They did bring in Rutter who has yet to score in the PL which means is bang on to score against us just like Gakpo.  Also Gnoto looks like a handful.  Hoping we shut them down though.  Arsenal are a much better side and we shut them down so... 

Also Leeds has loads of energy and legs so it will give Dyche a headache on whether or not to stick with the midfield three of Gana, Onana, and Doucs as I see many above saying we should drop one in favor of a more attacking lineup.

Also do we stick with 4-5-1?  It is a lot to ask Simms play up top all alone.  In such a crucial game where we absolutely need 3 points do you put that pressure on him?  Whichever way Dyche does go, I just hope they have been working on the attack in training this week. Need to sort how to get the best out of what we have vs trying to get anyone to fill the void left by DCL.

In summary: What Haf said: I’m dreading this game.  Absolutely dreading it. 

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

Well I’m looking forward to it. Can’t wait to see the boys again! 
Will be my usual day. 
Drive for an hour,  drop car off and jump on coach, full of joy, get to the Hilda, have a few pints and go to the match.

Get on coach disappointed and down. Wait till next week.

Have a good one Shukester, and don't forget your lucky pants mate.