IGNORED

Leeds (Home) 18th February

Romey 1878

3 minutes ago, badaids said:

Simms has been good in this little cameo. Real nuisance.

That’s his role. It’s a shame about DCL because if we could get 60/70 out of him and then Simms to close out. He’s not ready to start games but can still do a job.

Get in though, big game next as well but the mood will change if we win that one as well.

2 minutes ago, Btay said:

Huge result. Should have been more comfortable though with the chances we created.

Looking so much better under Dyche

It is encouraging we are making lost of chances. 

Leeds are a poor side. 

Is this year going to be the closest ever relegation battle of all 3 places?

The first half I thought both sides were severely lacking in quality and played with the fear of losing, but we still managed to have a few chances even if they weren't what you'd call quality chances. Leeds did nothing of note though.

Second half I thought we were much better in our play, trying to be more on the front foot and to take the game to Leeds. Our midfield was brilliant at shutting Leeds down and they needed to be because they do have some very good, technical midfielders. But we were all over them and smothered them at every opportunity - Doucoure and Gana were absolutely key to these three points in my opinion. They never gave the Leeds midfield a second. We fully deserved our goal - I'm not sure he meant it myself but I'll take anything when goals are hard to come by for us. Even though we did start to get deeper after the goal it feels like this may have been part of the plan because we hit them on the counter so many times that we could (and probably should) have scored another 1 or 2. Unexpectedly, we weren't under that much pressure ourselves and we managed the end of the game really well.

Pickford - Did he have anything to do?

Coleman - I worried about him up against Gnonto but with the help of Iwobi he shepherded him well for the most part. Like I say, I'm not sure he meant the shot and I think he was crossing it, but I'm absolutely fine with him dining out on it if he so chooses :lol:.

Coady - I do wish he'd challenge for more balls but he was part of a very solid defence today.

Tarkowski - Chalk and cheese to the last game. A toddler could've beat him midweek but today it was going to take something special to get the better of him.

Mykolenko - Back to being the reliable defensive LB we know he can be. God bless him, he's always trying in terms of going forward and I applaud him for that.

Iwobi - Better than he has been but he is really struggling to get to terms with playing out wide again. He's trying, I'll give him that, but he's in and out of the game.

Onana - It's a wonder, and a testament to the man, that he lasted as long as he did. That knock he took in the first half was a real one because his movement after that was nowhere near what it had been before then. Even so, it was massively noticeable how much of a drop off it was from him when Davies came on.

Gana - Fucked up early on in the game but after that he was a man on a mission. Wherever the ball was there was Gana and more often than not he won it back for us as well. What he does with the ball once he gets it isn't always the best but today he used it very well and mostly chose the right option.

Doucoure - Apart from the midweek game he's looked like a man out to prove a point since Dyche has come in, and today was no different. He was so, so good in the middle of the park and getting up to support Maupay. He just ran and ran and ran. Should have capped his performance off with a goal as well.

Maupay - He's not a lone striker, that's plain to see, but I thought he did quite well today. We still smack the ball up to him when he's got zero chance of winning it but he proper grafted today. He really did.

Simms - Little mention for him after what I thought was a very poor showing in midweek. He came on and he had a real good go and gave the Leeds defenders something to think about. Bringing him on towards the end of games when the opposition are tired is probably the best way to go.

Edit - fuck me, I forgot McNeil!

McNeil - He was hit and miss in the first half, in that he'd get into some decent positions and then fuck up the final ball. He was up there for my MOTM come the end of the game though. Tireless running up and down the left and into the middle. Linked up well with the rest of the side. Helped out defensively. He really didn't have much left to give by the time the ref blew the full-time whistle.

I think that’s what’s called grinding out a result, overall we were the better team and should have had a couple more goals to show for it, if the players had been more composed. Understandably both teams looked and were nervous most of the game, the first goal scored looked like it always going to be the winner, wether Seamus intended a shot or not, I just don’t care, if FL ( as much as I liked him and wanted him to succeed) was still manager I very much doubt we would have taken a point from the last three games

12 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The first half I thought both sides were severely lacking in quality and played with the fear of losing, but we still managed to have a few chances even if they weren't what you'd call quality chances. Leeds did nothing of note though.

Second half I thought we were much better in our play, trying to be more on the front foot and to take the game to Leeds. Our midfield was brilliant at shutting Leeds down and they needed to be because they do have some very good, technical midfielders. But we were all over them and smothered them at every opportunity - Doucoure and Gana were absolutely key to these three points in my opinion. They never gave the Leeds midfield a second. We fully deserved our goal - I'm not sure he meant it myself but I'll take anything when goals are hard to come by for us. Even though we did start to get deeper after the goal it feels like this may have been part of the plan because we hit them on the counter so many times that we could (and probably should) have scored another 1 or 2. Unexpectedly, we weren't under that much pressure ourselves and we managed the end of the game really well.

Pickford - Did he have anything to do?

Coleman - I worried about him up against Gnonto but with the help of Iwobi he shepherded him well for the most part. Like I say, I'm not sure he meant the shot and I think he was crossing it, but I'm absolutely fine with him dining out on it if he so chooses :lol:.

Coady - I do wish he'd challenge for more balls but he was part of a very solid defence today.

Tarkowski - Chalk and cheese to the last game. A toddler could've beat him midweek but today it was going to take something special to get the better of him.

Mykolenko - Back to being the reliable defensive LB we know he can be. God bless him, he's always trying in terms of going forward and I applaud him for that.

Iwobi - Better than he has been but he is really struggling to get to terms with playing out wide again. He's trying, I'll give him that, but he's in and out of the game.

Onana - It's a wonder, and a testament to the man, that he lasted as long as he did. That knock he took in the first half was a real one because his movement after that was nowhere near what it had been before then. Even so, it was massively noticeable how much of a drop off it was from him when Davies came on.

Gana - Fucked up early on in the game but after that he was a man on a mission. Wherever the ball was there was Gana and more often than not he won it back for us as well. What he does with the ball once he gets it isn't always the best but today he used it very well and mostly chose the right option.

Doucoure - Apart from the midweek game he's looked like a man out to prove a point since Dyche has come in, and today was no different. He was so, so good in the middle of the park and getting up to support Maupay. He just ran and ran and ran. Should have capped his performance off with a goal as well.

Maupay - He's not a lone striker, that's plain to see, but I thought he did quite well today. We still smack the ball up to him when he's got zero chance of winning it but he proper grafted today. He really did.

Simms - Little mention for him after what I thought was a very poor showing in midweek. He came on and he had a real good go and gave the Leeds defenders something to think about. Bringing him on towards the end of games when the opposition are tired is probably the best way to go.

Edit - fuck me, I forgot McNeil!

McNeil - He was hit and miss in the first half, in that he'd get into some decent positions and then fuck up the final ball. He was up there for my MOTM come the end of the game though. Tireless running up and down the left and into the middle. Linked up well with the rest of the side. Helped out defensively. He really didn't have much left to give by the time the ref blew the full-time whistle.

He was up there for your motm and you still forgot him, Jesus Bailey what's going on 😂😉

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

That was definitely a cross not that it matters, it will go down in the annuals as a wonder strike 🙌

No. For me it was 100% a shot. He doesn’t cross with his laces and that was laces. He even said he could try it a good few times and fail but he got it perfect. Fair play to him. 

On 19/02/2023 at 11:44, Hafnia said:

No. For me it was 100% a shot. He doesn’t cross with his laces and that was laces. He even said he could try it a good few times and fail but he got it perfect. Fair play to him. 

I think he said something like he couldn't get his hip around the ball to cut it back to he hit it at goal.

I'm not convinced he knew where the keeper was though!