IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away) 22nd April

Romey 1878

BBC report jumping the gun!

Crystal Palace edged closer to Premier League survival after a drab goalless draw with Everton, who drop into the bottom three.

Palace were the more cohesive side in the first half without managing to carve out any clear openings, Michael Olise's tame shot their only effort on target before the interval.

Everton grew into the game after a disjointed start, their best chance of the first half coming when Alex Iwobi's first-time effort from Tyrick Mitchell's clearance was pushed away by Palace goalkeeper Sam Johnstone.

Eberechi Eze thought he had broken the deadlock early in the second half after lifting the ball over Jordan Pickford, but the 24-year-old was denied a fourth goal in three appearances by the offside flag.

Dominic Calvert-Lewin, making his first start since early February, fired narrowly wide not long afterwards, before Mason Holgate was dismissed for a second bookable offence late on.

Everton drop into the bottom three after fellow strugglers Leicester beat Wolves at the King Power Stadium.

2 minutes ago, badaids said:

Shorn of context 0-0 would be a good result, but to end the game in the bottom three is a real mental blow.

Agree with the first bit but not the second, we still have eighteen points to play for so potentially finishing on 46, which would be safe as houses. Still in our own hands which is all we can ask for at this stage.

But as you say, at 3.00 we'd all have taken the point I think.

Just now, Aidan said:

We showed absolutely no intention of staying up this season today.

It's at this moment in time, we rely on others and refuse to take ownership of the situation ourselves.

This I don’t know what the players are being told but holding on for draws means fuckall with 28 points with 6 games to go. I was a massive Dyche fan but his lack of gamble in must win games for me means he isn’t up to the job.

I think that is a decent point against a Palace side who are in form and scoring for fun. 

The results around us don't help obviously but we are a point closer to Leeds which has to be our main target now. 

I thought the performance was solid enough. 1 big chance for each side. We lacked quality going forward, again not really building attacks very well. Garner played well, not too sure anyone else was really above average. 

1 minute ago, RPG said:

Look at the positives, DCL got 90 minutes and Doucoure and Onana should be back for Newcastle. Another point v Newcastle would not be the end of the world but I think we can, and will, beat them.

What positive can you take we deserve to be relegated on this.

Would have taken a point before the game, which is depressing in itself. 0-0 is OK I guess but Leicester getting their new manager bounce isn't a welcome sight. 

Need Leeds to keep being shit so that they can take our place, think that Forest and Southampton are finally starting to be cut adrift so it's just 18th to avoid.

Seriously hope (though it won't happen) that we can have some mad firesale this summer. Would happily fuck them all off bar about two or three.

7 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think that is a decent point against a Palace side who are in form and scoring for fun. 

The results around us don't help obviously but we are a point closer to Leeds which has to be our main target now. 

I thought the performance was solid enough. 1 big chance for each side. We lacked quality going forward, again not really building attacks very well. Garner played well, not too sure anyone else was really above average. 

I agree, I said before the game I would have taken the point so why do I still feel disappointed with that performance, in one word Dyche. 

1 minute ago, RPG said:

Today wasn't must win. I think it was 'must not lose' and we didn't.

BS - every game is must win. What possible world are we in with such few points ppl don’t see palace as a must win. Please explain where we are getting the 4 wins we need if not today. You’re deluded.