IGNORED

Scott McTominay

In my opinion, he’s better than Onana. Onana may have more potential but I wouldn’t be adverse to someone like him replacing Onana a the right price of course. And before anyone says ‘same mistakes as in the past only buying Prem outcasts’, I think we need some proven Prem but also need to be picking up a couple of unknown low cost potentially top class players.

1 hour ago, Tonsta said:

Have we opened a donkey sanctuary for man u dross.

Garner is one of our best players in my opinion. Neville, Howard, Gibson, Cleverly - all good players. Go as far back as Blomqvist and Jon O’Kane and you may have a point but I’m struggling here.

Neville was average for me. Gibson and Cleverly were a car crash and everything we should be avoiding. Barry from Man City was good.

I don't rate McTominay at all and it's not a priority position for us to be strengthening for the kind of money we'll need to part with. 

For me we have Pickford, Coleman, Tarks, Doucoure, and Gana who are all 30+ experienced players.

We have Mcneil, Iwobi, Gray, DCL who are all experienced Prem players.

This window for me is a seasoned left back and then 20 to 25 Yr olds, that in 3 years are likely to worth more than we pay now, have something new to bring to the team. 

We've been down the seasoned averageness of bigger teams cast offs over the last 3 to 5 years or so and it didn't work.

2 minutes ago, Trigger said:

This window for me is a seasoned left back and then 20 to 25 Yr olds, that in 3 years are likely to worth more than we pay now, have something new to bring to the team. 

Agree with this but if we sell Onana we’d need someone ready to come straight in and I think McTominay (despite popular tabloid opinion) is the same profile player and even a bit better all-round currently to replace him… he’d be a lot cheaper too.

1 hour ago, c1982 said:

Garner is one of our best players in my opinion. Neville, Howard, Gibson, Cleverly - all good players.

12 minutes ago, Trigger said:

Neville was average for me. Gibson and Cleverly were a car crash and everything we should be avoiding. Barry from Man City was good.

Who?