IGNORED

Sheffield United 2nd Sept (Away)

dunlopp9987

Played pretty well overall. 
Thought we made the right choices, just poor execution at times. Danjuma poor touch when sent thru etc. 
But I don't really mind things not working as long as we keep trying to do the right things, and today I thought we did for the most part. 
Beto was exceptional but faded towards the end (understandable) and Pickfords save was incredible!

I still question Dyche reluctance to make changes. More for fresh legs than anything else. Maybe when the injuries are back he might be more willing? I just thought for the last 10 mins Chermitti would have got a run around as Beto was knackered. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Look at all the comments about Danjuma. He has had a great effort deflected behind. Been dangerous every time he runs forward with the ball. 
But because he hasn’t scored, we want him subbed 🤦‍♂️

This is why we have the repuatation as fans that we have. 

Got hit by a great effort on goal there. But we’ve had enough chances to show that this game isn’t over by a mile. Let’s see how we come out the secobd half.

Its not because he "hasn't scored" its because his decision making has stopped the team creating chances and scoring goals. Fair play he gets in the box and scores the tap in but we should have been ahead at half time and won the game. 

Attacking players that do well up until the final 3rd are largely useless. You need them to make the right decisions and show composure in the key moments. This is where attacking players win and lose games and IMO he lost us this game with his first half decision making. I haven't watched the second half so I don't know if he made up for it. 

McNeil is a far more clinical player and the sooner he is match fit the better for our chances of staying up. 

I'll give you all credit that look for and find positives. Beto is a player. Rest are individuals.  Not a team. I was disgusted today. That is a very poor squad we played. But I have to face it so are we. I apologize for being so negative but other than Beto and Jordan I struggled today. 4 matches 1 point. Pathetic given opposition so far.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Its not because he "hasn't scored" its because his decision making has stopped the team creating chances and scoring goals. Fair play he gets in the box and scores the tap in but we should have been ahead at half time and won the game. 

Attacking players that do well up until the final 3rd are largely useless. You need them to make the right decisions and show composure in the key moments. This is where attacking players win and lose games and IMO he lost us this game with his first half decision making. I haven't watched the second half so I don't know if he made up for it. 

McNeil is a far more clinical player and the sooner he is match fit the better for our chances of staying up. 

Sorry mate but it’s not the choices at all. 
If Danjuma is running to the bye line and turns back… that’s a poor choice.

If he runs to the bye line and hits it too far, that’s the right choice but poor execution. 

There is not a world anywhere that I won’t disagree with you there. 
I teach U12s how to play football and by all accounts I get 100% good feedback. I tell them all the time that I don’t care where your shot ends up…but play as I teach you and it WILL come! Decision making is more important than ability. 

English mentality is what holds us back. Only we can change that. 

Can’t believe what I’ve just read to be fair… clinical players get up the pitch and have an end result.

Danjuma scores.

Oh my god! Sell the fucker because he didn’t pass…. Ffs! I literally give up. 

All we want is players to fail so our objectives are met. Sorry but you can all fuck off… I love Everton and don’t give a shit if I’m right or wrong! All I care about is Everton. So I'm happy to be wrong if we’re collecting points.

4 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Can’t believe what I’ve just read to be fair… clinical players get up the pitch and have an end result.

Danjuma scores.

All we want is players to fail so our objectives are met. Sorry but you can all fuck off… I love Everton and don’t give a shit if I’m right or wrong! All I care about is Everton. So I'm happy to be wrong if we’re collecting points.

You should probably stop drinking now, Shukes, it's making you angry.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Danjuma scores.

Didn’t he keep the ball rather than pass when we had an overload?  I don’t begrudge players taking shots etc but not passing when others are in better positions is gonna get criticised 

1 minute ago, Hafnia said:

Didn’t he keep the ball rather than pass when we had an overload?  I don’t begrudge players taking shots etc but not passing when others are in better positions is gonna get criticised 

Exactly mate at times he was guilty of doing what we accused Gray of doing, not passing when it would have been the better option. We don’t need players trying to do it all on their own, we need players to  try and look at the bigger picture and make the right decisions from the team’s perspective and make the most of the position they find themselves in. 

2 hours ago, Hafnia said:

That’s a moment in a match. And nothing wrong with criticism at all. 
My issue at the moment is that he was easily the most attacking and creative player that we had…. And we’re criticising end product…. You know… the player that scored…. No end product 🤦‍♂️

4 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

On reflection I now agree with the Danjuma critics, from now on any player who shows an ounce of attacking flair needs to have his contract immediately terminated 

Exactly. Useless, let’s get Iwobi back. At least he had the common sense to play that ball backwards and us lose the match. 
And some accuse our fans of being deluded. It’s not us…. It’s the rest of the universe that are wrong.

11 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Another shocker 

https://x.com/mightybluesyt/status/1697966404618645937?s=46&t=1wM_xvx1NFbXaZSqIaj30A

Penalty or not surely it’s a red as the last defender?

Let's not forget when Branthwaite was having his shirt pretty much ripped off him on a corner. No penalty, no VAR stepping in.

We could have had three penalties in that game because the handball that gave us the corner for our opener was missed as well.

32 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Let's not forget when Branthwaite was having his shirt pretty much ripped off him on a corner. No penalty, no VAR stepping in.

We could have had three penalties in that game because the handball that gave us the corner for our opener was missed as well.

These incidents never got a mention on MOTD crazy.

6 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Just watched the highlights above, I think we should give a lot of credit to Patterson for our 2nd goal, his initial pass starts the move and he gets himself in to a good position for the cross which is excellent. Hopefully it will give him some needed confidence.

Patterson can be a really good right back but we have to give him time or we'll ruin any chance for him or us.