IGNORED

Burnley (home) 6th April 15:00

Sev

1 minute ago, Newty82 said:

Phew! Despite our best efforts, we get a win!!!

I'll take another few of those over the next 7 games thanks!

Not sure my health can take more of this 😉

Exhausted after that.  Appallingly bad.  

gomes and branthwaite superb. McNeil second half was vast improvement. 

really don't know where our points are coming from - they were awful but we made them look like Real Madrid. 

thank fuck we have put a end to that non-winning streak. was becoming a real monkey on our backs.

same with DCL not scoring, but that monkeys also been banished this week, with him now two goals in two game. 

Well, that was not pleasant to watch. And I'm not talking about the actual football there because we did actually play some alright stuff at times, but it was only ever in short bursts and never a spell where we keep the pressure on.

But when we had those bursts of looking like we wanted to win we made opportunities. We just didn't take those opportunities. Without being great I thought we were the better side and should have won by more than one goal but we made things harder, and more nerve-wracking, than they needed to be.

We must improve on maintaining pressure, especially in these games against the sides around us.

Terrible terrible performance. But somehow we got three points haha.

Gomes and Garner can’t play in the middle together, that was awful. Gomes looks tidy on the ball but it allows them way too much possession. Any other team would have dismantled us.

Most entertaining part was Beto’s cameo. Was an absolute masterclass in cheering us up. Started with the ball in the face, and just got more entertaining as the minutes went on. I mean the running straight on towards the goal and at the last minute turning to run towards the corner flag fooled everyone. Genius.

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Most entertaining part was Beto’s cameo. Was an absolute masterclass in cheering us up. Started with the ball in the face, and just got more entertaining as the minutes went on. I mean the running straight on towards the goal and at the last minute turning to run towards the corner flag fooled everyone. Genius.

That's a cute way of saying he was shite 👏.

I actually needed to sleep when I got home.  I was physically exhausted - nerves were fine before game I think... went gym etc. At half time I realised I was sitting in a state of pure footy nerves. 80 minutes on I was just swearing a lot.  Sat on roasting hot overcrowded train and needed my bed. 

can't we enjoy a stress free game? It truly is exhausting 

12 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I actually needed to sleep when I got home.  I was physically exhausted - nerves were fine before game I think... went gym etc. At half time I realised I was sitting in a state of pure footy nerves. 80 minutes on I was just swearing a lot.  Sat on roasting hot overcrowded train and needed my bed. 

can't we enjoy a stress free game? It truly is exhausting 

I've had this every other weekend for the past 3 years now. I don't know how I'm still going. I feel for those that go to the away games as well with all that travelling on top of everything.

I very rarely stay out after a game because I'm just knackered. It honestly takes everything to give them the support they need. I long for the return of them getting us going again and not just providing crippling stress.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I've had this every other weekend for the past 3 years now. I don't know how I'm still going. I feel for those that go to the away games as well with all that travelling on top of everything.

I very rarely stay out after a game because I'm just knackered. It honestly takes everything to give them the support they need. I long for the return of them getting us going again and not just providing crippling stress.

My brother goes to all home games I've been to 3/4 this season - the wins against Newcastle and Burnley in the cup I felt fine after.....  watching games at home I relieve the stress by venting on the forum. Can't do it at the game 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

My brother goes to all home games I've been to 3/4 this season - the wins against Newcastle and Burnley in the cup I felt fine after.....  watching games at home I relieve the stress by venting on the forum. Can't do it at the game 

You hide it well...

🙊

• Everton have ended a run of 13 Premier League games without a win (D6 L7) with their first victory in the competition since beating Burnley 2-0 in December 2023.

• Burnley are without a win in their past seven away league games (D2 L5), with the Clarets conceding the opening goal in six of those games.

• Burnley have now lost 21 of their 32 Premier League games this season (W4 D7), only losing more times in a top-flight season in 2009-10 (24 games), 1975-76 (23 games) and 1970-71 (22 games).

• After a run of 18 Premier League games without a goal, Dominic Calvert-Lewin has scored in successive games for Everton in the competition for the first time since September.

• Burnley’s seven red cards this season is the most by a single side in a Premier League season since Aston Villa and Newcastle in 2014-15 (both seven red cards).

I came away from the game concerned and I'll explain why.

we have tougher games coming up that will rely on us having some ability to put passes together. We were against 10 men of a poor side and looked the worse team.  

we need Onana to be the best version of himself and gana winning us the ball back. Play Gomes in there with them and put garner right mid.

doucoure looks like a league one player.... a couple of times he panicked on the ball and just kicked it back towards our goal and fortunately one of our players got there first.   Whatever he offered - he doesn't anymore 

On 06/04/2024 at 09:49, patto said:

I wonder why Dyche stopped the coach greeting and made them travel in their own cars Surety it’s better to arrive as a team. 

Every manager has personal thoughts on it I guess, players always came under their own steam when Moyes was in charge; think the close interaction that gave them with the fans was probably beneficial, but can also see the argument for them arriving together.

29 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Every manager has personal thoughts on it I guess, players always came under their own steam when Moyes was in charge; think the close interaction that gave them with the fans was probably beneficial, but can also see the argument for them arriving together.

It also seemed like it had ran it's course in terms of being a boost for the players.

Anyone notice motd say "not the best game for var but we will gloss over that"

seems that the epl and pgmol don't want it highlighting for the likes of us.  Garner penalty - couldn't see it from where I was.  The linesman was getting some serious shit from main stand and park end first half.  Oliver shouldn't ref us.  

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

seems that the epl and pgmol don't want it highlighting for the likes of us.  Garner penalty - couldn't see it from where I was.  The linesman was getting some serious shit from main stand and park end first half.  Oliver shouldn't ref us.  

I can't see how that wasn't a penalty?

There's seems to be no talk about it. Even in here. And Oliver was looking straight at it. Even the commentators didn't make much of it. Bizarre.

21 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

6 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I can't see how that wasn't a penalty?

There's seems to be no talk about it. Even in here. And Oliver was looking straight at it. Even the commentators didn't make much of it. Bizarre.

Absolute stonewall penalty. I could see it at the time.

But we don't get them. Exactly the same as Dom's against Bournemouth that wasn't given, and the Garnacho one that was given against us. Apparently there was one just like given in another game yesterday but I didn't see it and can't recall what game it was.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

Do we get an unfair share of him refereeing our games?

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

It also seemed like it had ran it's course in terms of being a boost for the players.

I’m not sure when it actually finished but one thing for certain the fans over the last 2 seasons have had a big part in us staying up some greetings were amazing and the kids absolutely loved it. 

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Absolute stonewall penalty. I could see it at the time.

But we don't get them. Exactly the same as Dom's against Bournemouth that wasn't given, and the Garnacho one that was given against us. Apparently there was one just like given in another game yesterday but I didn't see it and can't recall what game it was.

I am adamant we only got the penalty against Newcastle because Ashley Young carried on about it & made a scene. It’s an absolute shambles the VAR process, you’ll only get a decision like that if you milk it - which is everything that’s wrong with football.