IGNORED

The shite (Home) 24th April

FairWooney

With 5 Draw's in the last 6 Goodison Derby's it's not all doom and gloom but a win is a rare occurrence.

4 of the last 6 have also been 0-0 including last seasons match.

Liverpool have gone 6 games without a clean sheet with the last coming away at Forest back on 2nd March.

Everton's last win at Goodison v Liverpool was back in 2010 with a 2-0 win (Arteta and Cahill)

-

With (probably) only 1 more Goodison derby after this and it likely being the last night game at Goodison versus the neighbors it would be brilliant if we could come away with the win that would surely seal our safety.  History clearly doesn't favour us with 14 years since the last win and only 1 win home or away in that whole time.

The big concern fitness wise will be on Calvert-Lewin.  He had issues against Forest but asked to be given 5 minutes then went off.  He seemed mobile enough but I'm sure they will want to be careful with him given his recent injury problems.  Beto will be out after his concussion on Sunday.  I thought Chimitti got stuck in well for the short period he had but hopefully DCL will be fit and he will just be required as a sub.

Young HAS TO BE DROPPED! - He was caught out too many times at the weekend and realistically should have given away at least 1 penalty.  up against Diaz out wide he will be skinned.  If Coleman isn't fit then I'd play Garner at right back though I expect Dyche will opt for either Young or go with Godfrey.

Pickford

Coleman       Tarks  Branthwaite     Mykolenko

Gueye   Onana/Garner

Doucoure

DCL

Although it was good to see Gomes start I think in a game where we would expect to be limited possession wise we will favour a more combative player in either Onana or Garner.

I'm going to break from the tradition of 0-0's but i'm not confident of a win.  Liverpool struggle to keep the goals out so think we can get one.

1-1

Tarkowski with the goal for us

7 minutes ago, FairWooney said:

With 5 Draw's in the last 6 Goodison Derby's it's not all doom and gloom but a win is a rare occurrence.

4 of the last 6 have also been 0-0 including last seasons match.

Liverpool have gone 6 games without a clean sheet with the last coming away at Forest back on 2nd March.

Everton's last win at Goodison v Liverpool was back in 2010 with a 2-0 win (Arteta and Cahill)

-

With (probably) only 1 more Goodison derby after this and it likely being the last night game at Goodison versus the neighbors it would be brilliant if we could come away with the win that would surely seal our safety.  History clearly doesn't favour us with 14 years since the last win and only 1 win home or away in that whole time.

The big concern fitness wise will be on Calvert-Lewin.  He had issues against Forest but asked to be given 5 minutes then went off.  He seemed mobile enough but I'm sure they will want to be careful with him given his recent injury problems.  Beto will be out after his concussion on Sunday.  I thought Chimitti got stuck in well for the short period he had but hopefully DCL will be fit and he will just be required as a sub.

Young HAS TO BE DROPPED! - He was caught out too many times at the weekend and realistically should have given away at least 1 penalty.  up against Diaz out wide he will be skinned.  If Coleman isn't fit then I'd play Garner at right back though I expect Dyche will opt for either Young or go with Godfrey.

Pickford

Coleman       Tarks  Branthwaite     Mykolenko

Gueye   Onana/Garner

Doucoure

DCL

Although it was good to see Gomes start I think in a game where we would expect to be limited possession wise we will favour a more combative player in either Onana or Garner.

I'm going to break from the tradition of 0-0's but i'm not confident of a win.  Liverpool struggle to keep the goals out so think we can get one.

1-1

Tarkowski with the goal for us

Gomes is not renowned for his running but he puts in more of a shift than Onana.

3 man midfield of Gana Gomes & Doucoure (work ethic gets him in)

Is Coleman fit? Even if he is, Garner definitely do a job at RB. We need energy & mobility in that wide positions, Coleman & Young will get ripped apart.

Upsets happen in football, I just hope we go in to this one with high intensity & a positive mindset.

8 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

David Coote is on VAR for this game and he's from Nottingham.

I wonder if we'll complain :lol:.

It would be quite funny if we were to say to the PL “in light of recent complaints, we are concerned about having an official who is from the area of a relegation rival in critical position”

I don't expect anything out of this game, as frustratingly we typically don't fair well against the shite- so any points would be a massive bonus. 

As shit as an attitude it is going in to a Derby match, I think we have to play solidly to our defensive strengths, park the bus and frustrate the fuck out of them. I could live with a boring 0-0. 

Having a 6point (and superiour goal difference) lead over Luton is signficantly better than 5 points with only only four games to go.   

So tomorrow I am kind of happy to see the team try and protect a point rather than be a bit more open in trying to get the 3.

Pickford

Tarks,    Bran,   Myko

Harrison      Gana     Garner       McNeil

Gomes    Doucoure

DCL

To get Gomes in the side I would be tempted to go with back 3/5 for this game. Think we need a soild two behind him. Maybe Onana in middle instead of Garner, and put him as right wingback (or even Young).  I just think need something solid out of possession and a slightly different formation to mix things up. Gomes can be other body in the middle but could just open things up on the counter with slightly more intelligent balls. 

As this game is a bit of free hit as not expecting a result, its a game where you can try something different. 

33 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

Pickford

Tarks,    Bran,   Myko

Gomes    Doucoure

DCL

To get Gomes in the side I would be tempted to go with back 3/5 for this game. Think we need a soild two behind him. Maybe Onana in middle instead of Garner, and put him as right wingback (or even Young).  I just think need something solid out of possession and a slightly different formation to mix things up. Gomes can be other body in the middle but could just open things up on the counter with slightly more intelligent balls. 

As this game is a bit of free hit as not expecting a result, its a game where you can try something different. 

If he does 3 at the back with wingbacks, it'll be Tarks, Branthwaite and Keane and then Young and Myko on the wings

1 hour ago, RuffRob said:

Pickford

Tarks,    Bran,   Myko

Gomes    Doucoure

DCL

I can see a 451 and packing the midfield hoping to counter. 

14 hours ago, Palfy said:

I’m going to miss this one I’ll be sat on a plane heading to Malaga with 6 Arsenal fans and 1 Chelsea fan for a weeks golf ⛳️ in Marbella.

Of all the games to have to miss gutted 😞 but I’m sure I’ll get over it by Thursday morning 🌅 when I’m teeing off at The Marbella Club at 8:30am. 🍺🍺🍺🍷🍷🍷😎

This one is going on during the afternoon of my workday in the states tomorrow. Luckily, I have the Peacock app on my devices so I'll have a way to watch it. 

• There have been more red cards in Everton versus Liverpool games than any other Premier League fixture (23), with the Blues' 16 the most one side has against another in the competition. Ashley Young was sent off earlier this season at Anfield, though there has not been a red card in both meetings since 2005-06.

• Everton are winless in their past 12 Premier League home games against Liverpool (D9 L3), their longest run without a league victory against an opponent at Goodison Park.

• The Reds have won their past 12 league games played on Wednesday by an aggregate score of 33-5, since a 1-0 home loss to Brighton in February 2021.

• No player has been directly involved in more Premier League goals for Everton this season than Dwight McNeil (three goals, five assists). However, McNeil has never been involved in one in 10 league appearances against Liverpool, only facing Manchester United (12) more without a top-flight goal or assist.

• Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in six goals in his past five Premier League appearances against Everton, scoring five and assisting one. He scored twice in the reverse fixture in October – the last player to score two or more goals in both Merseyside derbies in a league campaign was Dixie Dean in 1932-33, while the last for Liverpool was Dick Forshaw in 1925-26.

5 hours ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

This one is going on during the afternoon of my workday in the states tomorrow. Luckily, I have the Peacock app on my devices so I'll have a way to watch it. 

Is Peacock any good ?