IGNORED

The shite (Home) 24th April

FairWooney

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Is that real? Are we pretty much safe, 8 points clear, with 4 games to go? Did we just send Klopp off with the best goodbye? Did we keep a clean sheet against them and not get fucked by VAR?

I really don't know what to make of all that, I need to go lie down...

I think we've slipped into the Everton multiverse mate. Back on Planet Earth, year 2024 we've just been dicked by a 98th minute Darwin Nunez penalty. 

Just now, Zoo 2.0 said:

I think we've slipped into the Everton multiverse mate. Back on Planet Earth, year 2024 we've just been dicked by a 98th minute Darwin Nunez penalty. 

Don't fucking do that to me, the stream died with 8 mins to go :shakingfist:

Just now, Btay said:

That’s the 70 mil version right there

He still has his bad days but so many more days like this.  He's been brilliant for us the last 5 years.  Some days you just know they want get one past him, and today was one of those.

Was watching the score during various conference calls - amazing result and, by all accounts, fully deserved! Looking out of my office window right now, I can see a flock of pigs flying overhead while snowballs accumulate in the fire pit. Time to buy a lottery ticket?

I shall spend this evening watching the recording I made of the game.

3 hours ago, Matt Tiger said:

This makes no sense and will clearly result in letdown, but for some reason I feel a mild sense of optimism about this one. No logic involved obviously. Just feeling like there's a reasonable chance we can get a point today..

Clearly knew the issue with this was that it wasn’t optimistic enough

never in doubt!

On 23/04/2024 at 14:43, Palfy said:

I’m going to miss this one I’ll be sat on a plane heading to Malaga with 6 Arsenal fans and 1 Chelsea fan for a weeks golf ⛳️ in Marbella. 

If you score a hole-in-one albatross on a 400-yard par 4 dog-leg tomorrow, the story you will tell 20 years from now will still be how you missed the famous 2024 Goodison derby.

On 22/04/2024 at 14:20, Romey 1878 said:

Would absolutely love to Klopp a good fucking in his last derby.

I can't see it happening but at least not winning won't cause me so much panic like it would have if we hadn't won yesterday.

He got his fucking.

I hope he enjoyed it but even if he didn't, I certainly did!

17 hours ago, patto said:

Is Peacock any good ?

I really enjoy it. I have it for two reasons. One is Premier League (obviously). I do enjoy when they show Goal Rush on Saturday mornings here in the states (these would be for the mid-afternoon kickoffs in the UK) where they focus on one match and then bounce around to the other matches if a goal or a key moment happens. The other is WWE but that's only because I had the WWE Network previously and anyone who had that got grandfathered in when it moved to Peacock in March 2021. 

6 hours ago, badaids said:

Look at that wanker Klopp in the 4th officials ear.

Jon Champion and Lee Dixon called the match today here in the states, which was only on Peacock streaming rather than USA Network, and which showed Palace-Newcastle instead for some reason. Champion at one did mention that Simon Hooper (who was today's 4th official) would probably enjoy not having to hear Klopp yell at him in his left ear anymore since Klopp had done it so much over the years.  

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Is that real? Are we pretty much safe, 8 points clear, with 4 games to go? Did we just send Klopp off with the best goodbye? Did we keep a clean sheet against them and not get fucked by VAR?

We're effectively safe though, according to commentary in the states, we only had a .96% chance of being relegated before the match today. So the only way we get relegated now is if we lose our last 4 matches and Luton win at least 3 of their last 4. Luton are at Wolves in a mid-afternoon kickoff UK time Saturday so we'll know what we need to be secure by then. 

In a sign of how long it had been since we had the Merseyside derby at Goodison (some of you probably know this already), the Everton manager that day was David Moyes. Tim Howard was the starting goalkeeper. The Everton goals were scored by Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta.

The starting XI that day (and who they were later subbed off for):

Tim Howard

Sylvain Distin

Phil Jagielka

Leighton Baines

Phil Neville

Mikel Arteta (subbed off in the 74th minute for Jermaine Beckford)

Johnny Heitinga (subbed off in the 72nd minute for Tony Hibbert)

Tim Cahill

Leon Osman (subbed off at half for Diniyar Bilyaletdinov)

Seamus Coleman

Yakubu Ayegbeni

Among players that remained on the bench included: Jose Baxter, Jan Mucha, Shkodran Mustafi, and Magaye Gueye

5 minutes ago, StatesideToffee14 said:

In a sign of how long it had been since we had the Merseyside derby at Goodison (some of you probably know this already), the Everton manager that day was David Moyes. Tim Howard was the starting goalkeeper. The Everton goals were scored by Tim Cahill and Mikel Arteta.

The starting XI that day (and who they were later subbed off for):

Tim Howard

Sylvain Distin

Phil Jagielka

Leighton Baines

Phil Neville

Mikel Arteta (subbed off in the 74th minute for Jermaine Beckford)

Johnny Heitinga (subbed off in the 72nd minute for Tony Hibbert)

Tim Cahill

Leon Osman (subbed off at half for Diniyar Bilyaletdinov)

Seamus Coleman

Yakubu Ayegbeni

Among players that remained on the bench included: Jose Baxter, Jan Mucha, Shkodran Mustafi, and Magaye Gueye

Ooof, I bought a Beckford shirt when he joined cause I thought he was gonna be our next star #9 🫠

My initial thoughts on today's result:

-Going into this one, I would have been satisfied with a draw. If we won, great. But I've gotten used to, in my nearly decade of watching this club, that a draw is probably the best we'd get against the Shite. Was more concerned about us getting the 3 points against Brentford this weekend. Now that we've gotten the win, I've been nothing but overjoyed. 

-Pickford was absolutely huge for us. I know we get frustrated at his play sometimes but matches like today's shows how he can be one of the best keepers in the league. 

-I have no idea where the overall performance from this club came today. Especially a mere 9 days after the performance at Stamford Bridge. If we had played at this level for most of the season, we wouldn't have been fighting off relegation like we had been. I hope we can keep it up and that Dyche can keep the team's focus in check as I could see an emotional letdown on Saturday after what we saw today. 

Watching the replay on TV this evening, the difference between the two teams was our defence. They were absolutely awesome, all of them. How many times did Tarkowski clear the ball away? Godfrey made some awesome tackles. Mikolenko had a great game, and such a shame he had to be subbed off. Branthwaite had another wonderful game. Of course, DC-L grabs the headlines, but our defence won that game.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

This has been my most popular post in 15 years which includes announcing my daughter 10 years ago :lol: