IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

I'll be honest, as soon as I read Lukaku to replace RVP I kinda stopped reading. Unless LVG is still in presentation night party mode I think he will be looking for a more rounded player - to put it politely.

I'll leave it to this thread to let you see what their fans think of him.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/romelu-lukaku.405746/

80% really do not rate him at all, 10% are meh and 10% are not commenting on whether they want him.

I'll be honest, as soon as I read Lukaku to replace RVP I kinda stopped reading. Unless LVG is still in presentation night party mode I think he will be looking for a more rounded player - to put it politely.

80% really do not rate him at all, 10% are meh and 10% are not commenting on whether they want him.

the red cafe's opinion has no bearing on how good he actually is, bunch of idiots in there. the couple of actual decent posters said what some of us say, young talented, growing and 20+ goal scorer a year.

man united is a shadow of what it once was, their rely on their former glories and wads of cash to lure players, not exciting football, talented manager, and great team. they are a joke. mercenaries is what they'll end up with.

the red cafe's opinion has no bearing on how good he actually is, bunch of idiots in there. the couple of actual decent posters said what some of us say, young talented, growing and 20+ goal scorer a year.

man united is a shadow of what it once was, their rely on their former glories and wads of cash to lure players, not exciting football, talented manager, and great team. they are a joke. mercenaries is what they'll end up with.

Let's be honest, their attitude is "yeah, we will have him off them for £15m and give them Darren Fletcher in exchange" they collect players.

Rom is a "big name", he was before kicking a ball for Chelsea. The reality is they are not one bit happy about the rumour bar one or two, and many give their reasons....which resonate with mine.

One that made me laugh was someone said "easy to forget his age...." The next reply was "no it's not because every time he's discussed it's brought up" never a truer word said.

Edited by Hafnia

Arguments aside, look at post #20. They have a mod who's an Evertonian, more than 10,000 posts; how weird is that?

I'll be 100% honest, if they come in and offer above £30m I would completely snap their hands off. The craziness is that for some reason I think he could go for £35-£40m, not because he is worth that, its just that the market has gone nuts, Sterling is being valued at £30m plus with one year remaining.

"If" by some chance he decides to apply himself and get the desire to compete to his highest capacity and work on everything he needs to work on then I do think he could be a decent signing for them.

But for me my feeling is that he thinks he's already there, he talks about this and that but I just do not see a footballer with that same nasty streak and will to win that you see with Rooney, Suarez, Costa, Shearer. Aligned to the fact that he does indeed have a lot to work on means that for me I would cash in.

I possibly think United may be playing around trying to test Spurs resolve with Harry Kane - who for me is going to be an absolute star. The best forward of his type in an England shirt since Shearer.

How can you see more in one season from kane than what Lukaku has proven over three seasons?

For me kane was the worst England under 21 striker, the most boring impotent striker. One season doesn't make a man. If he went to United I'd throw him in the smith Jeffers box.

I don't look at numerical stats alone.

The prem teams he scored against last year were:-

West Brom - 13th

Palace - 10th

Villa - 17th

Burnley - 19th

Hull - 18th

West Ham - 12th

Newcastle - 15th

Palace was the highest placed team he scored against - 10th. Factor in the other 2 teams he scored against were Young Boys and Kiev and its pretty unremarkable I think.

I'm sorry but just watching Kane and the differences smack you in the face. He works for the team and by doing that he doesn't take himself away from being a threat, he presses, he makes runs, he holds the ball up, has a great touch, can pass it and is very good on either foot or in the air - plus he is hungry and is improving all the time.

Wow people questioning Kane's ability? The lad is going to be top notch! On the basis of last season he already is. Great in the air, left foot right foot. Can link play? I'd rather Kane than Lukaku at the moment

I will be honest, I totally missed his "arrival" - Sherwood has a lot to to be credited with. Once he started playing I watched and he is one of the most complete english strikers I have seen.

If united get him for £40m then it is good business, simple as that. He will always score goals because he makes the runs that someplayers can not be bothered, he takes a gamble in the box, he doesn't shirk challenges, he gets stuck in.

I don't like John Terry as a person but as a player he is a good judge - if he says the lad is up with the most difficult he played against then you should take note. I'm sure if Rom was good enough he would have advised Jose otherwise.

My early viewings of Kane had me falling over with laughter. He was that bad. An absolute donkey.

This season he's come on leaps and bounds, but I'll wait til I see how he goes next season before saying he's "the future". My feeling is that he'll be somewhere between the level he first showed and what he showed last season.

My early viewings of Kane had me falling over with laughter. He was that bad. An absolute donkey.

This season he's come on leaps and bounds, but I'll wait til I see how he goes next season before saying he's "the future". My feeling is that he'll be somewhere between the level he first showed and what he showed last season.

Absolutely this. Year before he was one of the worst footballers I have EVER seen. If you go back through his previous loans ( away from Tottenham), they all sent him back early because he was dreadful. Its thanks to a striker injury crisis at Spurs and Sherwood's determination to play English, that he gained confidence and some technical ability.

He was pretty useless for the U21's yesterday.

Absolutely this. Year before he was one of the worst footballers I have EVER seen. If you go back through his previous loans ( away from Tottenham), they all sent him back early because he was dreadful. Its thanks to a striker injury crisis at Spurs and Sherwood's determination to play English, that he gained confidence and some technical ability.

I remember watching him for England I think it was about two years ago and was gobsmacked the lad was actually a prospect at a fairly high end side he looked absolutely dogshit the few times I saw him

Every credit to him now though as Haf says looks the business the change in his game is reminiscent of how far Ronaldo came along at United (no comparison in ability) a very complete forward if he can kick on again this season then I'd be made up as an England supporter

If United or any other aide came in for Lukaku at £35/40m then we'd be silly not to accept he's a good forward who I do rate for the most part but he's not great

Exactly. 1 season and he's the business. 3 years of scoring goals and its not good enough.

The mind boggles...

I'll be 100% honest, if they come in and offer above £30m I would completely snap their hands off. The craziness is that for some reason I think he could go for £35-£40m, not because he is worth that, its just that the market has gone nuts, Sterling is being valued at £30m plus with one year remaining.

"If" by some chance he decides to apply himself and get the desire to compete to his highest capacity and work on everything he needs to work on then I do think he could be a decent signing for them.

But for me my feeling is that he thinks he's already there, he talks about this and that but I just do not see a footballer with that same nasty streak and will to win that you see with Rooney, Suarez, Costa, Shearer. Aligned to the fact that he does indeed have a lot to work on means that for me I would cash in.

I possibly think United may be playing around trying to test Spurs resolve with Harry Kane - who for me is going to be an absolute star. The best forward of his type in an England shirt since Shearer.

He is 22 now so its absolutely 100% impossible for him to develop as a player now

He is 22 now so its absolutely 100% impossible for him to develop as a player now

Well based on the past two years I've seen him - he still hasn't learned how to control the fuckin thing. Maybe based on your logic we keep academy players till they are 23...

Like Ossie? Or should we sell when they're young and buy them back later? Or write them off completely when the entire team, led by the manager, after a bad season, and instead wax lyrical over another 1 hit wonder who isn't our fucking player ?

Edited by Matt

Like Ossie? Or should we sell when they're young and buy them back later? Or write them off completely when the entire team, led by the manager, after a bad season, and instead wax lyrical over another 1 hit wonder who isn't our fucking player ?

I'm sensing some anger issues :unsure:.