Sign in to follow this  
duncanmckenzieismagic

Yannick Bolasie

What I was saying, which I've said lots of times before, is having four wingers gives you the option to change things. He won't start every game, but neither will the other three.

Yes I know. We all know that having more options is a good thing. That doesn't need explaining to anyone.

I guess not long ago you spent £20, £25, £30 mill on a dead certain starter rather than an alternative option. Sign of the times.

I think Newtys point is an obvious one, even in this market. I've got no issue with Bolasie, and if this goes through I'll pull for him of course. But at 25m-30m we should be getting more consistent class than he's showed.

I think he is a top player and is a game changer, the crowd will love him. I think what your buying is a match winner. I think Gerry will be now a striker alongside rom and a other. Mirrallas boliase and I think we may get another winger/forward to give us options. Kev, Lennon for the right bolaise and maybe the lad from Lyon for the left

I think Newtys point is an obvious one, even in this market. I've got no issue with Bolasie, and if this goes through I'll pull for him of course. But at 25m-30m we should be getting more consistent class than he's showed.

You'd be paying a damn sight more than that for proven consistency though

Unless you unearth gems like Payet Mahrez etc it's very unlikely we'd

A. Very unlikely we'd be able to throw £50/60m around on one player

B. They would even come here in the first place

In November 2008, he was playing against Home Eastbourne Borough in the Conference, now he's days away from a £25m+ move.

And Vardy was playing for Stocksbridge Park Steelers until 2010.

SSN saying he's had his medical, personal terms agreed and the fee will be £22.5m.

Just waiting for the two clubs to decide when the deal is announced apparently.

Yeah. When figures of £30mill have been touted, suddenly £22.5mill sounds a bargain. Even though it isn't!!!

Reverse psychology at its best!!!

For that money he is surely a starter each week.

Ill be honest im his biggest fan and i hope im wrong about him. I don't think he's any better than what we have and i dont think he is worth the money.

He's Powerful, Quick and Direct but very inconsistent and his goal scoring record is terrible. He seems like a bigger version of Lennon.

For that money he is surely a starter each week.

Ill be honest im his biggest fan and i hope im wrong about him. I don't think he's any better than what we have and i dont think he is worth the money.

He's Powerful, Quick and Direct but very inconsistent and his goal scoring record is terrible. He seems like a bigger version of Lennon.

He's better than what we have he's fitter than what we have, over the last 4 seasons he will have played more games than our players.

Koeman has had a good look at our players and knows they arnt good enough I expect a couple of players to leave once Ron has got some replacements.

He will be our joint record signing if the add-ons come in to play. They're £2.5m and £3m

Was there no add ons when we signed Lukaku that could go over the £28m? To me we've bought him for £22.5m, I'm guessing we'd have to be successful for the add ons to come into play, and the media is making it look like we've spent more than we really have.

Looking forward to seeing him play though.

So....you want him to be bad?

:lol: I know it was a mistake aha

haha ffs! typo ha

hope he proves me wrong, he needs to add more goals. Ill trust Koeman, he seems to want energetic players to press and work hard.

I imagine he will play this weekend.

So there could be some truth in what someone posted the other day about bolasi taking 14 and Kone taking 6...

Maybe. But, I wouldn't count on that. 14 was available. Last I checked, our captain still wears #6. I don't think the Jags/Kone switch will happen, personally.

Was there no add ons when we signed Lukaku that could go over the £28m? To me we've bought him for £22.5m, I'm guessing we'd have to be successful for the add ons to come into play, and the media is making it look like we've spent more than we really have.

Looking forward to seeing him play though.

steve i could be wrong i thought rom was 25m with add ons getting to 28m.

another signing saying RK was a big factor in coming here (williams the other)

Bolasie, who had joined Palace from Bristol City in 2012, added: "It's not about the money for me. It's about looking at the ambition of the club and where they are trying to get to. I just like to play football.

"I just like to play football and it's going to be really interesting to learn from someone like Ronald Koeman, who was obviously a top centre-back as a player and he played with some of the best players in the world.

"The club has made good signings, players like Ashley Williams who I know well -- and I know that I've joined a club that not only has lots of quality players but one that produces lots of quality players, like Ross Barkley, as well.

koeman is a big fan of his apparently, he said this:

The Dutchman said: "Yannick is a player who has been a long time on my radar because he's the type of winger I like -- fast, strong and he can play different positions in the forward line. He's a really good signing for the club.

"At 27, he's a good age and he has experience in the Premier League. He will give strength to the team and I'm very pleased to have Yannick as part of what we are trying to build here at Everton."

Ehhh ok seeing these quotes it's hard not to get excited for this one... Think I'm changing heart and agreeing with others - this side and Koeman will give him a much better opportunity to utilize his skill set than he had at Palace.

Open about this seen him be an absolute match winner and seen him be an absolute joke let's hope it's more of the first than the second.

Maybe saying it was 25 million was a ruse so when it was announced at 22.5 everyone is happier, even though it's only 2.5 million less.

I would be worried if he was shooting all the time and still didn't score.

But we sold Stones for 47m and his goalscoring record was abysmal.

Now of Bolasie has more chances and concerts those chances, then there will be a few vaults on these pages.

Personally, I think it's another jigsaw piece.