IGNORED

Yannick Bolasie

Would anyone rather see Kone or Clev on the wing than Bolasie?

For me we have three good wingers in Kev, Geri and Lennon. But they all blow hot and cold, having four wingers gives us options. If you have two of that four on the bench to come on against tired defenders, that's just another chance to win the game.

The same 11 won't, and shouldn't, play every week.

For me we have three good wingers in Kev, Geri and Lennon. But they all blow hot and cold, having four wingers gives us options. If you have two of that four on the bench to come on against tired defenders, that's just another chance to win the game.

Very true I'm the worst for moaning about Cleverley and Kone and just when they're playing regardless of position.

Bolasie is'nt that good esp for the rumoured money offered.

Would have preferred Townsend if I'm honest.

I actually don't mind Cleverly on the wing in the right game.

I would have Bolasie ahead of Lennon though and probably on at least the same level as Mirallas and Geri however neither of them are worth anywhere near £30mil either!

But we know he can do it in the premier league. Less risk.

By no means do I think Bolasie is worth £25-30m but, as you say, he can do it in this league. We could spend this on Yarmolenko but there's no guarantee he'd cut it. It's where we're at currently, we're not attracting the likes of Perisic (who I'd love) and hopefully proven players in this league keep help propel us to the next level where we're talking about these top, top players. Let's hope Koeman can bring the best out of him - I personally think he'll be a massive fan favourite.

Regarding stats - he's been in a very average and defence minded Palace team - I think/hope, being surrounded by better attacking players, will bring the best out of him.

From what I've read he can be judged harshly on goal and assist stats.... I recall having similar arguments about pienaar. He would rarely have the last or second to last touch but would always be olinvolved in goals.

Edited by Hafnia

The guys an extremely good player and always caused us trouble at Goodison. However these names really aren't inspiring me!

Obviously I'm not sure about what's actually happening behind the scenes, but I think that despite Koeman and his reputation, the combination of high player valuations and our poor recent record is working against us. It's probably just hard to get higher caliber players to come to Goodison. This has probably been said before, but I'm just tempering my expectations because I think there's a lot of rebuilding that has to be done around the club. That being said I believe they've started in the right direction.

The way I'm lookin at it. We're actually getting him for £17m and paying Palace the extra £13m to take Niasse from us.

i thought this was a joke until i searched it on google. holy shit. this could be a masterstroke of a deal for us.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/08/09/everton-agree-yannick-bolasie-deal/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3731798/Everton-closing-Yannick-Bolasie-Crystal-Palace-set-target-Liverpool-FC-striker-Christian-Benteke.html

Palace fans don't seem too bothered about losing him, or not this one at least:

"We are apparently just about to mug Everton off for £30million for one of the most inconsistent players I've ever seen in a Palace shirt and a step over merchant to boot.

Show me the money!"

Last laugh will be ours though if rumours of Oumar going the other way are true....

Palace fans don't seem too bothered about losing him, or not this one at least:

"We are apparently just about to mug Everton off for £30million for one of the most inconsistent players I've ever seen in a Palace shirt and a step over merchant to boot.

Show me the money!"

Last laugh will be ours though if rumours of Oumar going the other way are true....

we are saying the same about stones, grass is always greener....

Inconsistency and wingers usually go hand in hand.

The only consistent wingers seem to be at elite level - Bale, Messi, Ronaldo, Robben, Di Maria. Mirallas and Geri have great games but can be absolutely awful too... I just think it comes with the role.

Inconsistency and wingers usually go hand in hand.

The only consistent wingers seem to be at elite level - Bale, Messi, Ronaldo, Robben, Di Maria. Mirallas and Geri have great games but can be absolutely awful too... I just think it comes with the role.

Di Maria was absolute wank at Utd and they paid 68 million was it?

It's quite easy to look at assists and goals and get disheartened/excited or whatever. As I have said before now with our main striker - I like to see what they offer the team - the things that stats don't represent as clearly.

Done a bit of research on him.... it appears he has the following:-

pace - very quick over 10 yards

strong

skill - like a circus performer - very good technique

powerful shot - bit errant but can really hit them

and strangely enough he is a full on work horse....

Reading into how he influences a team he stretches the opposition - now isn't that something we've been crying out for? Genuine pace that unnerves a back 4. He may suffer from inconsistency but he doesn't suffer from laziness.

Some players may not get the lions share of the glory stats - as I said elsewhere Pienaar typified that. In his prime if you judged him on his goals and assists you would be forgiven for thinking he was awful - the reality was that he was an important cog in the side. When he wasn't there the opposition looked more settled, when he played there was more mischief.

£30m is a more than I would want to pay - its pretty scary to be honest. But the lad has proven he can do it in the prem. If we paid £25m for Yarmolenko most would be made up... hut he could be another Bily or arshavin.

Interesting read, Haf. From what I've seen of him (granted only MOTM highlights or against us) is that he turns up for 10 mins a game, sometimes, does something great then disappears.

Frankly, I don't really care any more. Que sera, sera, and when he's wearing our blue I'll support him like everyone else. But my impression of him so far is that he's a lesser version of Mirallas. If the fee was half of the supposed £25-30m, I wouldn't be bothered, but this is a hefty chunk for a bang average player.

Haven't watched him a lot, but when I have he has always looked dangerous.

One thing of note is that he doesn't go down easily, he seems pretty strong on the ball. Even as he falls he seems to he hanging a leg out to keep control of the ball....Pogba'ish.

Was watching some youtube clips of him yesterday (not the best source, I know) however he looks very dangerous running at people with power and pace, knocks the ball and chances it like Bale, however he has tight control at times too.

Even if he doesn't have good games and is inconsistent he will cause lots of problems for defenders and create a lot of space to Gerry and Lukaku.

Personally I can see Koeman wanting him and Baines to link up. Baines likes to watch where the players around him are making runs and will love to link up with someone who wants to make runs in and out and has the pace he has.

Failing that Bolasi will create a lot of room for Baines to get a ball in to Roms head.

Instead of looking at his inconsistencies I'm trying to look at the reasons why Koeman and Walsh want him here, and I think it'd suit out style of play under Koeman. He's also very dangerous on the counter with his powerful runs.

...and as someone said previously, it seems to be a feature of the modern game that these wingers blow hot and cold. So having an extra option with our Kev, Lennon and Geri is no bad thing.

(I'm not sure if the inconsistencies with wingers is down to the more attacking roles of full backs...all playing for the same space and wingers needing to chase back more too?)

That will be forgotten when Palace take all the money and spend it on Benteke...

If benteke wasn't at the shite and we had a choice to spend 30 million on him or Bolasi I'd choose Benteke. IMO he's the better player and would fill more of a void in our squad.