IGNORED

Muhamed Besic

Louis

Hmmm...not sure about that. At one point Balotelli stole the ball off him and Mo went to ground. When Balo started to take off, Mo scissored his feet up to hault him from going forward. I was really surprised he wasn't cautioned there. It was a rash kick-out.

Missed that, I thought it was Barry that got caught.

He kicked out, which was silly, but the kopite didn't half chop him down. So fair's fair.

Liked him yesterday; few mis-placed passes (long & short) but wanted to get involved, made things happen. Something we miss without Ross, so i'm happy with his shift. Just needs to think a bit more, gain composure, then he'll be integral to the team 6/10.

He kicked out, which was silly, but the kopite didn't half chop him down. So fair's fair.

Liked him yesterday; few mis-placed passes (long & short) but wanted to get involved, made things happen. Something we miss without Ross, so i'm happy with his shift. Just needs to think a bit more, gain composure, then he'll be integral to the team 6/10.

You're a hard man to please J, was an easy seven for me.

I'm not seeing what you guys see with Besic yet. He got mugged about 3 times against Liverpool and I wonder on Football Manager if he has the 'likes to play his way out of trouble' trait. He also looks a bit weedy - sort of like the russian dude whose name I sadly can't remember. Agree that the potential is there, looking forward to seeing what he can do over the season.

I'm not seeing what you guys see with Besic yet. He got mugged about 3 times against Liverpool and I wonder on Football Manager if he has the 'likes to play his way out of trouble' trait. He also looks a bit weedy - sort of like the russian dude whose name I sadly can't remember. Agree that the potential is there, looking forward to seeing what he can do over the season.

Bilyaletdinov?

What does Football Manager have to do with it. I don't get it?

Guest millwallforever

Besic made two flying tackles during the first ten seconds of the game. A great character who will be much more than a mere squad player within a month. He reminds me of the young Matthaeus.

Edited by millwallforever

Guest millwallforever

Parkinson + mobility + technical ability = Mattheus

I'm not sure about that don't-care-for-reputation part. Judging by the interviews he has given in the past, we are dealing with a very ambitious young man with a confidence bordering on arrogance. That need not be a bad thing, so long as it is channeled in the right way. He wants to take responsibility. Strikes me as a great character. Our future captain?

Reminds me of Joe Parkinson. Doesn't care for reputations. Looks to have more mobility and technical ability.

Edited by millwallforever

He played a lovely ball into Lukaku (which was also a very good run) just after they had scored which could have been the equaliser is he had made better contact. That wasn't an easy pass to pick out and it was probably an inch or two away from being perfect.

Actually thought it was perfect and Lukaku misjudged it or jumped early.

Actually thought it was perfect and Lukaku misjudged it or jumped early.

I think that if it had been an inch or 2 lower than Lukaku would have had a problem but it was right on his limits so whilst he might have been able to get more on it, I think it would have been difficult to score with.

To say somebody's touch can't be improved after a certain age is ridiculous tbh.

It's like saying boxers can't improve their technique after a certain age. Practice will improve technique no matter what age. That's why players get better with age.

To say somebody's touch can't be improved after a certain age is ridiculous tbh.

It's like saying boxers can't improve their technique after a certain age. Practice will improve technique no matter what age. That's why players get better with age.

It really isn't. Yeah you can sharpen it, but you can't just learn it. He actually needs to learn how to control it.

He has a static chest or foot, he doesn't have the coordination to cushion the thing. It's not even average, it's poor and I mean poor.

Ronaldos improved from 22 onwards didn't he? Absolutely. What did he improve on? Controlling a football??? No, not at all. He had acquired all the skills which was why he was called a show pony,

He learned how to make better decisions, to improve his physical athleticism enabling him to hit the ball harder. His control was already there.

Glenn hoddle had it spot on, he said young players are being thrown into games too early with focus on physical attributes. He used a wall to hit left foot and right foot and get instant control, Alan ball did the same.

Sorry but if you are waiting for Rom to learn good control you are gonna wait a long time.

• 2 weeks later...