IGNORED

Ademola Lookman

37 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Hopefully that statement will come back and haunt you as much as this one;).

United that day, Schmeichel, Neville, Parker, Pallister (O'Kane 59), Irwin, P. Neville (Beckham 45), Keane, Scholes, Butt, Sharpe, McClair

I don't know who this man is but such an unlucky comment at the end haha.

13 hours ago, StevO said:

Haha I think you know me well enough Mike, I’d be made up to be wrong. 

If Kieran Dowell is holding the premier league trophy above his head at Goodison Park I’ll be the happiest bloke you’ll find anywhere!

Unless he's wearing a red shirt while he does it... 

Going back to this topic regarding our kids coming through, it will be a difficult decision for whoever is manager next season because they will have to weigh up who starts, who stats in the first team squad, and then who gets loaned out or sold. Since Bobby left, our managers have been "First Team" Managers rather than managers of the club and I think that has been to our detriment.

I think you can consider Davies as a first team player and based on what we know of the other midfielders, I would like to bring in 2 other centre midfielders to play alongside/behind him rather than replace him. That leaves DCL, Kenny, Dowell, Lookman as the 4 other players in that WC squad who are looking for a future here.

Kenny is the simple one. Ideally he could do with playing games but he has shown enough this season to say he is at the very least a good back up to our main RB. Coleman is the only man ahead of him and if he gets injured, Kenny can slot in easily as well as play in rotation whenever required. He can also cover LB. Verdict: Stay on the bench

DCL is a very difficult one to weigh up. The first thing to consider is whether he is good enough to lead the line for us (assuming a new manager can help create some more chances for him). I don't think we know the answer to that question just yet. He has a good all round game but struggles to score and as I have said somewhere else, I think he needs to go away somewhere and put the ball in the back of the net, maybe to a top Championship side. The question for the manager is then whether you bring someone else in whilst he is on loan because you don't want to have to rely on Niasse on his own. Walcott can play as a striker I suppose but its awkward. If DCL is going to be the player we want him to be then he needs to play games and score goals. Verdict: Loan

Dowell could do with a Martinez type manager who places their faith in him and backs him through preseason and starts him in that first game. This is what I mean in my first paragraph because Martinez realised that if we wanted to get the best out of Barkley then he needed to be played in his best position and trusted to perform. Ultimately, that would benefit Everton both on the pitch and financially (well we should have made a lot of money on him). When you look at Dowell's career you can see a very similar progression, different players, but they both have this air of distrust about them as well as the expectation that they can do something that most others cant. Like Barkley though, Dowell needs to play more and more games, he needs to toughen up and get his hands dirty so if he isnt trusted to start each week then let him go back out on loan. Dowell can play wide or centrally. I think he is probably best as a number 10 which means he is competing with a lot of players like Siggy, Klaassen, Davies plus any of the wingers. I dont see how he will play enough games. Verdict: Loan

Lookman is more difficult because at the moment I still haven't seen enough to really say whether he has a future here. He certainly has something but its just whether he can show it at the highest level. The players ahead of him are Walcott, Bolasie and Vlasic. He has played lower league football so he needs to be tested at this level over learning his trade so I would having him fighting for a starting spot against Vlasic and Bolasie to play opposite Walcott. I see no reason why him and Vlasic could share the opposite wing depending on opponents / form. Verdict: Start / Bench

Agree with your write up other than Vlasic ahead of Lookman. 

Vlasic is very raw at the moment and needs games out on loan for me. Very enthusiastic without doing much. 

Lookman is a more rounded player already and for me... only needs the right manager to really kick on.

Though I would be happy for them both to be fighting over that spot.

22 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Incidentally Lookman played 90 minutes today and apparantly created more chances in the game than any single Everton player has created in a game (despite playing the 2nd half with 10 men as well).

I watch a bit of that match. Didn't notice him much in the first half, RB down 3 nil and I never bothered with the second. 

I have tried to watch him whenever he’s played... missed today’s..... that’s why I seem to big him up so much.

It could be more because I can see it’s what we’re missing here. Very comfortable receiving the ball, good pace, excellent power in his shooting. Only downside is that he hasn’t the enthusiasm that other youngsters have.

1 minute ago, MikeO said:

Because he has a contract and it's not his decision if he stays or goes?

Just like thousands of players over the years. Did Rom run his contract down?

You know that if a player wants to go, he will go regardless of the clubs decision. Very rarely does a club did its heels in and come off better.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Just like thousands of players over the years. Did Rom run his contract down?

You know that if a player wants to go, he will go regardless of the clubs decision. Very rarely does a club did its heels in and come off better.

Still the club's decision though ultimately, Suarez at Liverpool for example; Modric, Tevez, Mahrez are others:).

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Played another hour and scored another goal today.

You have got to give it to the kid, he is trying his best to make the most of the opportunities given to him. I expect we will see a far more complete player when he returns.

What a mistake it’s turned out to be for him, should’ve listened to fat head 🙄