IGNORED

Marco Silva

1 hour ago, Haiku said:

Well no, as you said further down your post it depends on the payment plan whether it's a single payment or spread in installments over 2-3-4 years, but once you bought that player it doesn't matter when you sell him, you owe the money accordingly to the payment plan even when the player is no longer at your club. I think we still owe money to Ajax for Klaassen.

When you buy the player his cost is spread over the length of his contract, when you sell a player the income is spread as per the payment plan. I didn’t mention what happens if you sell a player while he still has some outstanding expense.

When we sold Klassen we would have either kept paying the instalments and they would be acrued that way, or we would have paid off the remaining money and it would be acrued that way. You can declare the flow of cash as you pay it, therefore spreading the expense. 

20 minutes ago, pete0 said:

From memory you can choose whether to declare the full amount in the accounts or spread it.

Think it was highlighted in the past when we put Fellaini's fee as just the first installment but had used the full fee we would eventually get for whatever player we sold that year to balance the books. 

Exactly Pete, you can choose to do either. But it makes no sense to put the full amount it, a capital expenditure of such large sums would always be better spread. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

When you buy the player his cost is spread over the length of his contract, when you sell a player the income is spread as per the payment plan. I didn’t mention what happens if you sell a player while he still has some outstanding expense.

When we sold Klassen we would have either kept paying the instalments and they would be acrued that way, or we would have paid off the remaining money and it would be acrued that way. You can declare the flow of cash as you pay it, therefore spreading the expense. 

Oh yeah I agree. Apparently I didn't understand what you're talking about.

1 hour ago, StevO said:

But it makes no sense to put the full amount it.

It makes sense when the club generated a lot of money over the past season and want to cut taxable profit. 🙂

8 hours ago, Chach said:

In 2007 City was worth $200m, now its worth $2.5b. I'm not saying ego plays no part but there's plenty of money being made. Billionaires didn't get to be billionaires because they like wasting money.

You don’t think their owners have spent billions either? 

You think if Abramovic sold Chelsea tomorrow he would get his money back? He will sell the club for more than he bought it but he won’t get back the few billion he put in. 

Clubs don’t make them kind of profits, they put it all back in to compete. Ego!

2 hours ago, StevO said:

You think if Abramovic sold Chelsea tomorrow he would get his money back? He will sell the club for more than he bought it but he won’t get back the few billion he put in. 

They’ve spent no where near what they are worth now, and Moshiri will have spent no where near what we will be worth once the new stadium is built, to think he’s here on a ego trip is pie in the sky he’s here for the money, I dare say if there wasn’t a new stadium in the offering he wouldn’t have been interested it’s all about the money not his love 💕 for the club.

And any money bar what he has been paying for his shares which doesn’t go to the club is on a loan basis which will be returned to him 

5 hours ago, Palfy said:

They’ve spent no where near what they are worth now, and Moshiri will have spent no where near what we will be worth once the new stadium is built, to think he’s here on a ego trip is pie in the sky he’s here for the money, I dare say if there wasn’t a new stadium in the offering he wouldn’t have been interested it’s all about the money not his love 💕 for the club.

And any money bar what he has been paying for his shares which doesn’t go to the club is on a loan basis which will be returned to him 

It’s not though mate, Chelsea is worth a lot but no where near the money that has been put in by the owner. The same with City, they have put billions in but the club won’t be worth billions if they sold it. It’s dead investments, yeah they eventually turn an annual profit but the expense to get to that level flies out of the window.

These guys have that much money it’s about prestige and ego, I’ve never thought is about love for any club and they could be just any club, it’s another trophy. Not like the FA cup or champions league, but like the Hotel in Manhattan, the yacht in Monaco or the F1 team. 

Usmanov is an Arsenal fan, but he can’t be the owner so he eventually sold up. The other kid in the play ground wouldn’t sell his favourite toy to him. He actually loves that club, but if he can’t have all of it he doesn’t want any. He’s left with a bruised ego there, he’s happy to have made a profit on his shares, but then he’s not pumped any money in, but he really wanted the keys to the door. 

18 hours ago, StevO said:

Abramovic paid just over 200m for Chelsea and the loan through a parent company is just over 1.1b. Club is worth way more than that.

We're not talking about profit from revenues, we're talking about increase in market cap through investment.

9 hours ago, StevO said:

The same with City, they have put billions in but the club won’t be worth billions if they sold it. It’s dead investments

City literally sold a 13% stake in the club for 265m in 2015 to a Chinese consortium which valued the club then at about 3b. This is public record.

1 hour ago, Chach said:

Abramovic paid just over 200m for Chelsea and the loan through a parent company is just over 1.1b. Club is worth way more than that.

We're not talking about profit from revenues, we're talking about increase in market cap through investment.

Abromovic wipes that off on just transfers alone though. He’s runoured to have put billions into Chelsea to get them where they are. He will never get it back.... but I don’t think he cares.

He knows that he is part of Chelsea’s legacy and that’s all he cares about. He must be one of the most well known owners in world football. That’s worth billions to him.

No need to believe in rumours because Chelsea's accounts tell exactly how much he has put into the club. Which is, IIRC, just short of a billion. You can't put money into a club without it showing somewhere. Abrahimovic has loaned the club all that money on a zero percentage interest rate because giving  money outright isn'tt quite as simple.

12 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Abromovic wipes that off on just transfers alone though. He’s runoured to have put billions into Chelsea to get them where they are. He will never get it back.... but I don’t think he cares.

He knows that he is part of Chelsea’s legacy and that’s all he cares about. He must be one of the most well known owners in world football. That’s worth billions to him.

The loan is the investment, that's his net contribution.

4 hours ago, MikeO said:

Anfield game was a big turning point for us, after we'd played the best we'd done there for many years; hopeful we can do the same to them. 95th minute winner would have me needing to be peeled off the ceiling.

I think it was a bigger disappointment for the fans than most of the players based on the magnitude of the game,  the rivalry and what it means to the City isn'tt in the hearts of a lot of players, and until they've been here and for a while and played in a couple and get a feel for the atmosphere I don't think the foreign players quite understand that its life or death and not just another game, to be fair it's exactly the same for them I suppose.

The more local home grown players with the ability we can put in the team like Baines Davies Kenny and some of the longer serving players we have who have the understanding to know what it means, then the greater the passion and intensity and will to win will be, or is that just the domain of the fans from now on and lost on the players.

14 hours ago, MikeO said:

Anfield game was a big turning point for us, after we'd played the best we'd done there for many years; hopeful we can do the same to them. 95th minute winner would have me needing to be peeled off the ceiling.

It was a huge momentum turner and I struggled with pickford after it. 

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Showed he still has the dressing room and tactical knowledge to be a good manager. All the calls to have him gone shown to be wrong today.

very happy.

We got lucky today. Another day and they'd have been 2 up in the first half. Second half sub Richarlison was a good move, moved the game in our favour but the following subs left a lot wanting. 

18 minutes ago, pete0 said:

We got lucky today. Another day and they'd have been 2 up in the first half. Second half sub Richarlison was a good move, moved the game in our favour but the following subs left a lot wanting. 

Really? I watched the match with a load of Liverpool supporters, and funnily enough, they didn’t see it like that.

They thought they were shit and that we scared the shit out of them. Funny how people see things so differently.

25 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Gomes for Schneiderlin “left a lot wanting?” I didn’t understand the Tosun sub and still think DCL might have done better with Tosun’s single opportunity, but that was the only negative I can possibly take from Silva today.

21 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Showed he still has the dressing room and tactical knowledge to be a good manager. All the calls to have him gone shown to be wrong today.

very happy.

I’d go a long with that Mark the last 2 games have shown a big improvement, but it has to continue before I can say I trust him. 

Without trying to be negative we should have been expected to beat Cardiff even though I thought we might lose, and I would expect players to be up for the Liverpool game if players can’t raise their game for that then there’s no hope. 

Still pleased that things are looking more positive for him. 

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

very happy.

He isn’t justified that doubters to be wrong just yet. Although I voice my support of him the results caused that response from fans. 2 wins doesn’t change 3 months of shit - however, he deserves credit as we appear to much more organised defsenively. Much more confident. Albeit that Morgan didn’t have his greatest game today, starting him sends a clear message that you only start if you work hard off the pitch. 

Keep this momentum going for the rest of the season.