IGNORED

Zaha

45 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think this is going to happen, Arsenal have agreed £72m fee for Pepe so no way are they getting Zaha as well

We've still got the Chelsea scenario to play out yet my money is him signing for Chelsea and staying on loan at Palace for a year, if it is true that they can buy players but not register them to play.

32 minutes ago, Palfy said:

We've still got the Chelsea scenario to play out yet my money is him signing for Chelsea and staying on loan at Palace for a year, if it is true that they can buy players but not register them to play.

Big risk for Chelsea to take at that price.

9 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Neres is 21 and the world at his feet. Played amazingly in the champions league against premiership sides. Zaha big fish in a small pond and for me hasn’t proven anything in the premier league. He is inconsistent so for me Neres all the way 

Surly neres hasnt proven anything and zaha has?!

Depends on your outlook I suppose? Helped Ajax get to the champions league and had an unreal season with them. I don’t think the premiership is the be all and end all of football. Zaha went to united and did nothing. He plays for a lower half team and stands out when he is in the mood. When he’s not the just whines at the ref because he thinks he is above getting tackled.

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

Depends on your outlook I suppose? Helped Ajax get to the champions league and had an unreal season with them. I don’t think the premiership is the be all and end all of football. Zaha went to united and did nothing. He plays for a lower half team and stands out when he is in the mood. When he’s not the just whines at the ref because he thinks he is above getting tackled.

He was young and didnt settle. Palace would be relegated without him. He has performed against big and small sides too. Everytime I have watched him he has performed albeit I dont watch Palace often so I could just be lucky.

He is now a far better player than he was at Utd. I cant say anything about Neres but the Dutch league is crap. If Klaassen can score that many then any attacking player should be treated with caution. Tosun also scored in the CL and that doesnt mean he can hack it week in week out. Thats the difference here compared to abroad. Morata looked a world beater but he was soft and couldn't deal with it.

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He was 20 at the time and made just 4 appearances. Not sure you can gauge much from this. Also Fergies last signing. 

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Fuck it, let’s just get him. We have loads of money now, let’s blow some more!

in seriousness, I don’t think he’s an £80m player, but he is exciting to watch. He’s the player Bolasie could have been. 

He’s the player that will be Bolasie

1 minute ago, pete0 said:

David Moyes barely trusted a kid in his 10 years here, no way was he gonna bring Zaha through especially in his first year at United. Barely managed any wingers in his decade here either, probably wouldn't know how to use him. 

That said Zaha wasn't the player he is now, he's come on leaps and bounds. 

Good points Pete. 

49 minutes ago, Matt said:

He was young but he also didn’t do enough to show that he’s anything better than a Palace player 

An article from last year:

Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha has opened up on his time at Manchester United, admitting the move to Old Trafford came too soon for him.The Englishman joined United from Palace in 2013 after impressing at Selhurst Park, but went on to make just four senior appearances before returning 18 months later.

And Zaha feels he simply didn't have the right mentality to make the step-up required at that stage of his career.'Me going to a big club when I was like 19 or 20, I didn't know what to expect, how to behave, whatever,' the 25-year-old told sky sports.

'I was just a youngster who wanted to do tricks, I didn't even care about end product really. 'Now I take things a lot more seriously - the gym aspect, recovery after games, my decision-making. I've learnt a lot in terms of my all-round game.'I'm totally different now. I'm definitely more mature and more strong-minded. I had to be mentally strong after what I went through at Manchester United. I think in football, most of it is just mental. Once you've got that sorted, then you're good.' 

My initial gut instinct on this was that we were being used as a name by either, or both, Palace and/or Zaha to force Arsenals hand, the club Zaha seems keen to join. I still have that niggle.

However, the scene has changed a bit with Arsenal agreeing a huge £72mill fee for Pepe. Arsenal will no way spend much more on another player. Unless they're also playing a clever game.

To be honest, I like Zaha. He'd be welcomed by me and add another dimension. But the price seems crazy...and then I think we say the same every pre season as the prices continue to sky rocket in the cash rich Premier League. Palace don't need to sell. They don't want to sell. In such a situation, any buying club will have to pay over the odds.

I'm not going to judge him on his time at United, the bloke was a kid moving to a new city etc, and to agree with PeteO comments above.............................................................................................................................................................................................................sorry about that, I fainted for 10 minutes after agreeing with PeteO, misus has just had to frontal fart on my face to bring me round....he was managed by Moyes who I doubt would have played a young Messi or Ronaldo and played Dixie Dean on the wing.

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

David Moyes barely trusted a kid in his 10 years here, no way was he gonna bring Zaha through especially in his first year at United. Barely managed any wingers in his decade here either, probably wouldn't know how to use him. 

That said Zaha wasn't the player he is now, he's come on leaps and bounds. 

Great points Pete, Moyes for all his many good points couldn't manage flair players and never trusted them.

Having watched Zaha throughout his career one thing he has is flair, I agree that he has developed so much in the last 3 or so years.

28 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

After a nights sleep I’m warming up to this.  He and Richarlison on the wings could be deadly 

Maybe the two of them and Bernard could fill the front three positions, if they could work out how to interchange effectively. 

Maybe not.