IGNORED

Zaha

31 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Whereas we know Zaha isn't, never has been and never will be.

Palace would be mad to not sell him for £40m but we'd be even madder to pay £40m for him.

Bit of a Sigurdsson situation, worth a lot more to the selling club than the buying club. I'd say he's worth double that to them or even more. Without him they look lost, everything goes through him and he's a large part why such a shit team has managed to stay up.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Whereas we know Zaha isn't, never has been and never will be.

Palace would be mad to not sell him for £40m but we'd be even madder to pay £40m for him.

He's scored 41 and assisted 32 goals in the past 5 seasons. We already know he's a good PL player. Arsenal paid 80 million for Pepe who was the standout player in France. He was supposed to be a brilliant signing. Ndombele was another coup for Spurs. A 20-year old winger from France is probably not going to improve the team so much that he transforms the attack but this is pretty much needed from that signing. Zaha would add a completely new dimension with his pace and goal scoring ability.

Having said that, I don't think we are after him and 40 million for him is silly money. But I could see the point for 25-30 million if we want instant improvement.

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

Bit of a Sigurdsson situation, worth a lot more to the selling club than the buying club. I'd say he's worth double that to them or even more. Without him they look lost, everything goes through him and he's a large part why such a shit team has managed to stay up.

I agree.

In terms of Zaha's ability, if him and Richarlison swapped places, Richarlison would have probably gone down with Palace and Zaha would have contributed more goals and assists to the side(Everton), whilst not necessarily to our all round play.

Having said that, I think the ship has sailed with him now and it is time to move on.

On 26/05/2021 at 08:39, Makis said:

He's scored 41 and assisted 32 goals in the past 5 seasons. We already know he's a good PL player. Arsenal paid 80 million for Pepe who was the standout player in France. He was supposed to be a brilliant signing. Ndombele was another coup for Spurs. A 20-year old winger from France is probably not going to improve the team so much that he transforms the attack but this is pretty much needed from that signing. Zaha would add a completely new dimension with his pace and goal scoring ability.

Having said that, I don't think we are after him and 40 million for him is silly money. But I could see the point for 25-30 million if we want instant improvement.

Just eight goals per season (41 in 5) is a poor return when we need killer instinct in front of goal.

16 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Just eight goals per season (41 in 5) is a poor return when we need killer instinct in front of goal.

Just as a bit of a comparison over the last three seasons:

Zaha - 102 games - 25 goals and 17 assists - Goal involvement every 0.41 games.

Richarlison - 105 games - 33 goals and 8 assists - Goal involvement every 0.39 games.

Dom - 104 games - 35 goals and 5 assists - Goal involvement every 0.38 games.

James - 51 games - 14 goals and 10 assists - Goal involvement every 0.47 games.

3 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Consider the players he's been playing with as well. And finding a winger who guarantees 10+ goals is pretty hard.

3 hours ago, Bailey said:

Richarlison - 105 games - 33 goals and 8 assists - Goal involvement every 0.39 games.

His assist stats are are favourable, and that’s what we are looking for from a wide man. I think he would be a good buy if under 40mil, and maybe Ancelotti could get more out of him he’s definitely got the ability to improve. 

19 hours ago, Bailey said:

Except Zaha is 28 and has played in this league for as many years as all those players mentioned have combined. All 3 of ours will get better ( James fitness depending )

6 minutes ago, Zoo 2.0 said:

I really don't get the hype with Zaha, it's proper small fish in a big pond stuff. He looks half decent at Crystal Palace because all around him there's just barrels of dross, I know it was ages ago but he stepped up to Manchester United and there's a reason he didn't get a sniff - he's just not good enough. 

Whenever we've played him he's looked average, mark him closely and its job done, tends to go down for the odd penalty here and there but nothing overly threatening and I honestly don't think he would be an upgrade on the likes of what we have, plus we would be paying insane money and wages to bring him up North. Not to mention that at 28, totally the wrong side of what we want to bring in.

I just can't get on board with this signing on so many levels and to be honest wish he would just sign for the likes of Arsenal or Chelsea so that this rumour will fuck off. 

Amen.

On 28/05/2021 at 10:32, Btay said:

Except Zaha is 28 and has played in this league for as many years as all those players mentioned have combined. All 3 of ours will get better ( James fitness depending )

Maybe, maybe not. It is certainly no guarantee that they will improve. Look at Iwobi! 😂

On 28/05/2021 at 12:33, Zoo 2.0 said:

Whenever we've played him he's looked average, mark him closely and its job done

Thats easily said when you're playing Crystal Palace. 

Its easy to focus one good player when a team only has one good player. And yet Zaha has still got the return he has over the past few seasons. 

A player with an end product, lightening pace, dribbling abilities and is capable of winning a game on his own. Seems to me he's the mould of a player we've needed for a long time. 

As for the United remarks presumably you're talking about when he was a teenager trying to break on the scene playing his first professional games? A little unfair. 

On 28/05/2021 at 12:33, Zoo 2.0 said:

Not to mention that at 28, totally the wrong side of what we want to bring in.

And what player do we want to bring in? Because i want to bring in ones that improve the squad, disregarding the age. Interestingly, all the main signings we made last summer were 28 or over. 

12 minutes ago, Aidan said:

Thats easily said when you're playing Crystal Palace. 

Its easy to focus one good player when a team only has one good player. And yet Zaha has still got the return he has over the past few seasons. 

A player with an end product, lightening pace, dribbling abilities and is capable of winning a game on his own. Seems to me he's the mould of a player we've needed for a long time. 

As for the United remarks presumably you're talking about when he was a teenager trying to break on the scene playing his first professional games? A little unfair. 

And what player do we want to bring in? Because i want to bring in ones that improve the squad, disregarding the age. Interestingly, all the main signings we made last summer were 28 or over. 

It just has Gylfi written all over it.

34 minutes ago, Aidan said:

He was twenty-one when he signed for United and had played more than a hundred games for Palace, so not a teeenager or playing his first games.

I'm not too keen on him because of age and costs but it should be obvious to anyone what the attraction is. You can list your wonderkids from French 2nd division all you want but they will take time to adjust and might never make it in PL.

10 hours ago, MikeO said:

He was twenty-one when he signed for United and had played more than a hundred games for Palace, so not a teeenager or playing his first games.

Regardless of the age comments, I think it is very clear that Zaha has improved enormously since he left Utd.

It also shouldn't be forgotten that his last season with Palace was in the Championship. He spent 6 months at Utd where he played 28 minutes in the league, before going out on loan and was then sold the following season. 

I don't know why some people are so quick to tarnish him because of his spell at Utd where he barely kicked a ball and at the same time gloss over the excellent work he has done at Palace before and after that move.  

46 minutes ago, milesey05 said:

Well at least his price should be down now.

not a great season with a few injuries.

He’s direct, takes players on and gets a few goals, all things Iwobi fails to do.

Given the choice of Bernard, Iwobi or Zaha, I know who I would rather see in an Everton shirt 

AKA picking the least dry turd of the pile. 

22 hours ago, MikeO said:

Thought he went through the academy at United but i see he didn't now. My mistake. 

20 hours ago, Btay said:

I mean in regards to us paying way over the odds for a player who’s value to his current club is much higher than his value to his next club

100% this would be Siggy mark 2.0

We never needed 1.0 and it's crippled us for years (imho). Nice lad, but he's the epitome of everything we've done wrong in the Moshiri era.  Stay the fck away from this kind of nonsense.  If we bring in a single player over 26 years old this summer I'm going to be forced to go on expletive ridden rants with nobody listening.