IGNORED

Zaha

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Bolassie/Siggy combination plus £20m....

Bolasie and Delph for me. £20m still seems a bit steep for a highlights player but then again it’s a reasonable price for an upgrade on what we’ve got. Still rather save the money to be honest, more important areas to concentrate on (even if they’re effectively nice to haves now)

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Bolasie and Delph for me. £20m still seems a bit steep for a highlights player but then again it’s a reasonable price for an upgrade on what we’ve got. Still rather save the money to be honest, more important areas to concentrate on (even if they’re effectively nice to haves now)

I like the fact that he's got pace, beats a man and has end product ... Automatically puts him as our best winger.

Agree on Delph ... Can't wait to get rid of him.

1 minute ago, Romey 1878 said:

I would be so underwhelmed with this signing. I wouldn't feel positive about him being ours in the slightest - the only good part of the deal is the possibility of us offloading a turd or two, nothing to do with him arriving.

I think if the numbers are right then he's a potentially brilliant "money ball" player.    Apparently he's look brilliant in pre season. 

3 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I think if the numbers are right then he's a potentially brilliant "money ball" player.    Apparently he's look brilliant in pre season. 

I'm just not a fan of him at all, I never have been. I think he's hugely over-rated - by himself, Palace fans and a lot of our fans too. In my opinion he's worth absolutely nowhere near the money we'd pay for him, and the wages he'd ask for.

I'd prefer us to be looking at a younger (better) winger after us bringing in a few players that are at the other end of the age scale personally, but if he arrives he'll have my support.

18 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I like the fact that he's got pace, beats a man and has end product ... Automatically puts him as our best winger.

Agree on Delph ... Can't wait to get rid of him.

I didn’t put Delph down because they don’t play the same position, but if we throw Delph in as well we should nearly save the £10.50

11 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm just not a fan of him at all, I never have been. I think he's hugely over-rated - by himself, Palace fans and a lot of our fans too. In my opinion he's worth absolutely nowhere near the money we'd pay for him, and the wages he'd ask for.

I'd prefer us to be looking at a younger (better) winger after us bringing in a few players that are at the other end of the age scale personally, but if he arrives he'll have my support.

I’m not saying whether you’re right or wrong on Zaha but personally I put a lot of stock in what the supporters of his own club think. They’ve seen him for years and will have a better idea of his quality than any of us. 

An example from our end would be Mason Holgate. I’ve seen it a lot this offseason where supporters from other clubs think our starting CB’s are Mina and Keane and have no idea that Mason was our best defender last season. 

14 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I’m not saying whether you’re right or wrong on Zaha but personally I put a lot of stock in what the supporters of his own club think. They’ve seen him for years and will have a better idea of his quality than any of us. 

An example from our end would be Mason Holgate. I’ve seen it a lot this offseason where supporters from other clubs think our starting CB’s are Mina and Keane and have no idea that Mason was our best defender last season. 

When I say overrated by his own fans, I mean because of how important he is to them. There's no doubt that without him they'd have been fucked a long time ago, so they want a huge amount of money for him and quite rightly based on that fact. But he wouldn't be that important to us - that's why I'd prefer us to be looking elsewhere.

For me it just makes no sense but, like I said, if he comes I'll support him.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah fair enough. I just think he's more proven at this level. So hard to get wingers in who do a job. 

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

When I say overrated by his own fans, I mean because of how important he is to them. There's no doubt that without him they'd have been fucked a long time ago, so they want a huge amount of money for him and quite rightly based on that fact. But he wouldn't be that important to us - that's why I'd prefer us to be looking elsewhere.

For me it just makes no sense but, like I said, if he comes I'll support him.

I agree in a sense that he is one of those players that I like and think he would do well here but at the same time, his actual cost is far greater than it should be. As you have said he is far more important to Palace than he would be anywhere else. In some ways its a similar situation to Gylfi coming from Swansea.

12 minutes ago, chicagoblue said:

Don't see how he really works for us. We've picked up three more senior players on big wages recently, imho any further signings should be on the younger end, not top wage earners.

A very valid point, in the last 3-4 days our midfield as probably become the oldest  in the league, some good younger players to learn off our first team mids would be a sensible way to go  

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

I agree in a sense that he is one of those players that I like and think he would do well here but at the same time, his actual cost is far greater than it should be. As you have said he is far more important to Palace than he would be anywhere else. In some ways its a similar situation to Gylfi coming from Swansea.

I would agree when fees like 80M we’re getting thrown around, but at 20-30M that’s been mentioned in the media it sounds about right. 

Wages getting out of hand is a completely different matter though. Need to hope that the club are doing the right thing in that regard before we keep bringing in new signings. 

I rate Zaha. Didn't have the best of seasons but he's quick, creative, can score and play across the front line. Only four goals last season, but a total of 26 in the previous three. Also plenty of assists. He's fouled a lot because he's so hard to contain.

With Zaha added to James and Doucoure the midfield can suddenly score 25-30 goals a season instead of about 5.

I'm not a massive fan of this transfer I'll be honest, seems like a self inflated big fish in a small pond that wouldn't be able to cut it in a European challenging side. His constant crying to leave the club doesn't sit well with me either, although I suppose if I was trapped at somewhere like Crystal Palace I'd do the same. 

For the money that it would cost to bring him in I'd rather we went for Leon Bailey (B04) or David Neres (Ajax) who are much younger and would hopefully cost a lot less - I'm also hoping that any deal would include some sort of player swap; try to wiggle Tosun or Bolasie (both ex-Palace) or Iwobi (same position) into any Zaha deal. 

With the current pandemic, it seems like the perfect excuse to add deadwood into any transfer. 

Zaha would be more beneficial now we have sorted the midfield out. As long as it’s the right price.

We needed to prioritise centre mid, so Zaha seemed a waste of money. Now we look to have a midfield that can create chances, Zaha would be a good piece of business.

He would simply free other players up. Against lesser accomplished teams, we could just batter them into submission. 

Against the better teams, Zaha and James might be too luxurious.