IGNORED

Zaha

1 minute ago, Gwlad all over said:

Not sure I like to hear of a player refusing to celebrate; a goal means a lot to the fans.

He did celebrate, just not full on.  He celebrated the 2nd that was disallowed 

Let's be honest ... He was promised a move for 2 years now. He probably feels like he's missing his last big move. 

39 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

He did celebrate, just not full on.  He celebrated the 2nd that was disallowed 

Let's be honest ... He was promised a move for 2 years now. He probably feels like he's missing his last big move. 

It would be more of a worry if he stopped playing and threw his toys out of the pram. He played and it sounds like he played well. Like you said, he still celebrated but it was muted.

1 hour ago, Gwlad all over said:

Not sure I like to hear of a player refusing to celebrate; a goal means a lot to the fans.

He didn’t refuse to celebrate mate, he jogged off with his hands up when he scored, and then just looked a bit subdued. 
It also came across like he was looking over to the dugout to prove a point.

But we could all also be looking too much into it. In fact I definitely am... it’s not my team haha.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Sums up his attitude, and it’s not attractive 

Have you watched it? I went to watch it as I read this and was expecting something different. I thought he did celebrate as much as others in an empty stadium. Yes he didn’t do a Shearer peel away, a Tim Cahill corner flag spa or a Jimmy Bullard reenactment but it wasn’t a ful our non celebration. I think it was another example as a story for the sake of it. In all fairness if Palace have said give us one more year and then go back on it I wouldn’t blame him. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I’ll take it back. Seems the clip I saw didn’t show the whole thing then 

4 minutes ago, barryj said:

Have you watched it? I went to watch it as I read this and was expecting something different. I thought he did celebrate as much as others in an empty stadium. Yes he didn’t do a Shearer peel away, a Tim Cahill corner flag spa or a Jimmy Bullard reenactment but it wasn’t a ful our non celebration. I think it was another example as a story for the sake of it. In all fairness if Palace have said give us one more year and then go back on it I wouldn’t blame him. 

Best read the whole thread first mate ;) 

6 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Simple question: where would he fit in our team right now?

The starting line-up today was well-balanced, and we have Bernard and Kean on the bench. I'm not a fan, but some would say Walcott is also an option. What would an expensive Zaha bring right now?

James drops to #10 and Zaha at RW. That would make the team a lot more dangerous. Would also mean Ancelotti would have some options.

I guess if money was no object then we'd take him.

My view though is we have a very good starting 11, we have a few players that offer a different option who are decent and we have cover in all areas in some form.  While he could be very useful I'd not take him right now.  We need to lower our wage bill first up by getting rid of some dead wood before we can splash on any more high earners.

I think with what we've spent on players and new players wages already we need to be careful, gate receipt's might not be a bulk of a side like ours revenue but it does bring in a lot, we are missing that right now and need to be mindful of this.

I'd also like to see Gordon getting a look in on the wing as he looks an exciting prospect.  I also think the Bernard can offer a lot, and may also benefit from our improved midfield.

The only area I'd say we may need a player is at centre back.  I'm ok with our current 3 players but we definitiely need 1 more for cover if nothing else.

definitely don't think we have the money for a Zaha move at the moment.

If perhaps we get most of our money back from a sale of Awobi (or Kean perhaps) and lose a high earner of two of the wage bill - then maybe. However, although it sounds like Awobi is available in the transfer market, its the wrong year to be expecting any clubs to be spending big on him. Doesn't sound as if the club as desperate to move him on either, and can't see the player himself being desperate to move on. 

don't see it happening myself. 

9 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

It's fantasy football thinking but I'd like this deal on one of two conditions:
We pay 30mil and give them two players (Delph, Siggy, Walcott, Tosun, Bolasie)
We pay 15mil and give them Iwobi

Also if he's as desperate as it appears to leave we should play hardball over wages. 80k max.

I thought he’s on 130k now so that wouldn’t work.