IGNORED

Zaha

Combined G/A since 2016:

16/17 - 16 in 34 starts 

17/18 - 12 in 28 starts 

18/19 - 15 in 34 starts 

19/20 - 7 in 37 starts

Certainly only Richarlison can match those numbers from our squad. He's had an off season but theres no doubt he would improve our squad. If he is the best player we can get with that amount of creativity then I'd be happy with signing him. Would also suit Carlos 442 down to the ground. 

People keep talking about how much they'd be willing the club to spend on a player but the market hasn't really taken shape yet, so who knows what value for money is. 

But I haven't actually seen us linked to the player, Hodgson said he will likely leave this window but our links to him seem to be because we were interested last year, maybe carlo doesn't actually want him. 

15 hours ago, Aidan said:

Combined G/A since 2016:

16/17 - 16 in 34 starts 

17/18 - 12 in 28 starts 

18/19 - 15 in 34 starts 

19/20 - 7 in 37 starts

Certainly only Richarlison can match those numbers from our squad. He's had an off season but theres no doubt he would improve our squad. If he is the best player we can get with that amount of creativity then I'd be happy with signing him. Would also suit Carlos 442 down to the ground. 

People keep talking about how much they'd be willing the club to spend on a player but the market hasn't really taken shape yet, so who knows what value for money is. 

But I haven't actually seen us linked to the player, Hodgson said he will likely leave this window but our links to him seem to be because we were interested last year, maybe carlo doesn't actually want him. 

I just think we are going to get rinsed for a player when there’s younger, cheaper and possibly more affective players around.

Just now, Btay said:

I just think we are going to get rinsed for a player when there’s younger, cheaper and possibly more affective players around.

Yonger and cheaper maybe. I doubt we will find better players than Zaha's level willing to come to our club though. 

1 minute ago, Aidan said:

Yonger and cheaper maybe. I doubt we will find better players than Zaha's level willing to come to our club though. 

I’d say Richarlison is at Zaha’s level but 4 years younger. That’s the standard I’m after.

Lozano or Neres for instance would be half as much with very good ability. Just the risk of not playing in the premier league.

17 minutes ago, Btay said:

I’d say Richarlison is at Zaha’s level but 4 years younger. That’s the standard I’m after.

Lozano or Neres for instance would be half as much with very good ability. Just the risk of not playing in the premier league.

i like your thinking.  we got richarlison, there have to be others out there.  we have the money, let's go those players and some steady vets like Thiago and see what we can do.  i'm done with the players that look great because they are the only outlet for their team (Gylfi, zaha, bolasie, sandro) so they rack up the stats but when the play isn't ran through them they are worthless.  we need more richarlisons who can play a variety of positions and work their ass off all match.  not to mention he's quality.  Brands was brought in for this reason, he needs to prove it.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

i like your thinking.  we got richarlison, there have to be others out there.  we have the money, let's go those players and some steady vets like Thiago and see what we can do.  i'm done with the players that look great because they are the only outlet for their team (Gylfi, zaha, bolasie, sandro) so they rack up the stats but when the play isn't ran through them they are worthless.  we need more richarlisons who can play a variety of positions and work their ass off all match.  not to mention he's quality.  Brands was brought in for this reason, he needs to prove it.

Agree, worst case Zaha improves us - without doubt and definitely gets us closer to Europe/top 8. I just don’t want to throw 50+ on a player when the future of the economy is so uncertain.

14 hours ago, Btay said:

Personally I am not a huge fan of Lozano on the little bits I have seen of him. I have also just found this on him which probably means he would fit in well with the rest of the team:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/chucky-lozanos-dream-move-to-napoli-has-become-a-nightmare/ctnnam7490n819u2d0tc3odi2

I'm not sure if I have watched Neres or not but I don't see a player, albeit for Ajax, scoring that many goals and doing well coming to a club like us in our current situation. Plus if Lozano went for £39mil, I would expect Neres to go for at least the same if not more from the same league.

2 hours ago, Bailey said:

Personally I am not a huge fan of Lozano on the little bits I have seen of him. I have also just found this on him which probably means he would fit in well with the rest of the team:

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/chucky-lozanos-dream-move-to-napoli-has-become-a-nightmare/ctnnam7490n819u2d0tc3odi2

I'm not sure if I have watched Neres or not but I don't see a player, albeit for Ajax, scoring that many goals and doing well coming to a club like us in our current situation. Plus if Lozano went for £39mil, I would expect Neres to go for at least the same if not more from the same league.

Totally agree. I have never saw the draw with Lozano. Had a very small purple patch and has been half the player consistently ever since. 20m fee would be worth a gamble with him, but I wouldnt pay any more than that.

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

39 mil compared to the 70 been touted though?

I think Lozano is suited to the premier league perfectly. Each to their own though!

Zaha wouldn’t be consistent enough, he’s blessed with great skills and the ability to win a game, but on his terms by that I think he can have a poor attitude, and you don’t know what players going out on the pitch from one game to the next, this season has proved we were lucky to have had our £80m turned down last season. 
I hope we stay well clear of this big time Charlie, but we are Everton so who knows, he will probably end up here next season on a 4 year deal on 140 grand a week 😔

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Is Zaha that inconsistent? isn't it more of a case that the side he plays for is inconsistent. 

Palace are one of the sides I watch least but he always shows up when I do. 

I might be wrong about him, but I find his inconsistency is more to do with his attitude than his ability, sometimes I get the perception from him that he cannot be arsed, he’s sort of given up, sulking and whinging, then other days he’s unplayable with bags of commitment. 
To much money to take the risk. 

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

Poser for you then:

Lozano £30mil

Nerez £50mil

Zaha £60mil

Who are you buying?

I thought Zaha is getting touted at around £70 mil for starters.

Also not sure where the Neres £50mil has come from when last I saw it was £20-25.

Prices can’t really be predicted I guess.

Id still go Lozano at 30 before paying over the odds on the other 2, although I think he’d be cheaper than that.

Everton Soares is a shout, Allan Saint-Maxime as well.

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

Is Zaha that inconsistent? isn't it more of a case that the side he plays for is inconsistent. 

Palace are one of the sides I watch least but he always shows up when I do. 

You belong with that numpty who’s started posting.... too much sense! 
Seasons over now, can’t we all get back to talking a load of satisfying crap again.

So who thinks we should bring back the following:

Gana

Lukaku

Stones