IGNORED

Zaha

2 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

haha.Low blow. At least we are bad enough where we should have some very high level prospects coming through in the next 2-3 years. At least I have the Lions to look forward to...

My neighbor who I hang out with all the time is from Detroit (as is his wife). He still proudly wears his T-Shirt from the perfect 0-16 season "Lions 2008 Preseason Champs 4-0" Reminds me, after I go check the ffl, it's probably time to start a football ('Merican) thread

7 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

My neighbor who I hang out with all the time is from Detroit (as is his wife). He still proudly wears his T-Shirt from the perfect 0-16 season "Lions 2008 Preseason Champs 4-0" Reminds me, after I go check the ffl, it's probably time to start a football ('Merican) thread

I could get into that. I'm knee deep in my fantasy football/daily fantasy sports research for the upcoming season. I suppose we should contain all the American sports chat to a future thread though.

13 minutes ago, Ghoat said:

2 minutes ago, SpartyBlue said:

I could get into that. I'm knee deep in my fantasy football/daily fantasy sports research for the upcoming season. I suppose we should contain all the American sports chat to a future thread though.

Already have one...

http://www.toffeetalk.com/topic/2783-american-football/

9 hours ago, Newty82 said:

Then the word is that Zaha is keen to come. I always have this view that if players want to go, show your intent and hand in an official transfer request and maintain professionalism and respect.

I was watching a program when they were talking about transfer requests (well it wasn't just about that as that would be a weird show) and they said that if a transfer request becomes public knowledge then it is normally the club releasing the news as they are getting ready to sell the player and they want the fans on side, blaming the player for the move away rather than the owners. If the player heard that in the news they knew they were off and should start packing.

This was from a player who had retired a couple of years ago and things have changed a lot since the transfer he was talking about but I thought it was interesting.

Just now, Bailey said:

I was watching a program when they were talking about transfer requests (well it wasn't just about that as that would be a weird show) and they said that if a transfer request becomes public knowledge then it is normally the club releasing the news as they are getting ready to sell the player and they want the fans on side, blaming the player for the move away rather than the owners. If the player heard that in the news they knew they were off and should start packing.

This was from a player who had retired a couple of years ago and things have changed a lot since the transfer he was talking about but I thought it was interesting.

This makes a lot of sense. Judging by the Palace forum the tide is certainly turning against him now. I'd be a surprised if he played against us even if he stays so from that perspective we've accomplished something already.

Just now, SpartyBlue said:

This makes a lot of sense. Judging by the Palace forum the tide is certainly turning against him now. I'd be a surprised if he played against us even if he stays so from that perspective we've accomplished something already.

Also a worthy tactic IMO! Its like City and Lescott... hopefully!

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Interesting stuff.

Let's wait and see. Seriously disrupted day at work coming up tomorrow!!!