IGNORED

Aaron Ramsey

You would have either him or Gomes alongside a more defensive midfielder. If you dont you end up like the old Arsenal side under Wenger. I think he is best in that role but he can play as a 10 as well. 

I think he is a very talented player and he works hard. Like Gomes, for the right price I would love him here.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, Matt said:

Apparently he played 35 times last season, so the injury tag may not be justified. Although I can’t see how many as a sub vs starter

Son tells me 24 appearances, 11 starts, 3 goals 1 assist, 20 chances created, looks like your 35 is a combined figure.

Its a no for me, to injury prone, unless he accepts a pay per play deal, so it ain’t gonna happen!

48 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Son tells me 24 appearances, 11 starts, 3 goals 1 assist, 20 chances created, looks like your 35 is a combined figure.

Its a no for me, to injury prone, unless he accepts a pay per play deal, so it ain’t gonna happen!

Yeh, took combined because it shows the fuller picture (eg in CL). 

I wouldn't be against it if you could guarentee he would stay fit for most of the season, but you can't and we have plenty of midfield crocks and question marks. The Italian leagues are much easier on the body than the premier league so I wouldn't read too much into how many games he has played over there.

55 minutes ago, StevO said:

A fit Ramsey would be a game changer for us. But his wages would be huge, and could he stay fit? 35 total appearances doesn’t seem like someone too injury prone, but may have just been a lucky run. I don’t see it happening anyway. 

If I read the link correctly, we could pay him £5m a year with no fee, which could be relatively cheap for a player of his quality. The injury worries I get, especially with Gomes being unfortunate with similar injuries, but those two fit together is exciting 

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I wouldn't be against it if you could guarentee he would stay fit for most of the season, but you can't and we have plenty of midfield crocks and question marks. The Italian leagues are much easier on the body than the premier league so I wouldn't read too much into how many games he has played over there.

The Italian league, from what I remember, is quite dirty rather than physical. And every player can get injured, see Gbamin. For the right money and contract, he’s a no-brainer but a potential high risk/high reward player. 

imagine if he came and convinced Bale to follow!

6 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

there is a reason arsenal didn't care when he left, he's been their version of mccarthy on/off the training table every week.  no no no no no just say no

Yeah, there was. They had no say and he wanted to move on 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

The Italian league, from what I remember, is quite dirty rather than physical. And every player can get injured, see Gbamin. For the right money and contract, he’s a no-brainer but a potential high risk/high reward player. 

imagine if he came and convinced Bale to follow!

Its more of the grind with the premier league and its fast pace. The Italian leagues are a lot slower and more tactical. I just think he is the last thing we need and with Bale there is no way we could afford his wages. 

As a welshman, I would love to see Ramsey in an Everton shirt - a cracking player. But as others have already alluded he is going to need to be on crazy wages. I have discussed in other posts the transfer strategy the club has in place under Brands et al, and I just think Ramsey is too far removed from that strategy.  I think this strategy is the right thing to be doing and so we should not pursue him. 

Ramsey hit the jackpot when he ran down his Arsenal contract and basically got the transfer fee he would have got Arsenal added on to of his wages to be one of if not the most well paid British players ever.  Ramsey is not going to give up his circa £20M a year contract to come to Everton!!!

Heart would love it, but head says don't go near it.

27 minutes ago, RuffRob said:

As a welshman, I would love to see Ramsey in an Everton shirt - a cracking player. But as others have already alluded he is going to need to be on crazy wages. I have discussed in other posts the transfer strategy the club has in place under Brands et al, and I just think Ramsey is too far removed from that strategy.  I think this strategy is the right thing to be doing and so we should not pursue him. 

Ramsey hit the jackpot when he ran down his Arsenal contract and basically got the transfer fee he would have got Arsenal added on to of his wages to be one of if not the most well paid British players ever.  Ramsey is not going to give up his circa £20M a year contract to come to Everton!!!

Heart would love it, but head says don't go near it.

He (and his agent) may have had most of his 'sign on' money upfront from Juve, or may be spread over his contract -so £20M might be the average to give a £300-£400k quotes weekly wage. 

10 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

there is a reason arsenal didn't care when he left, he's been their version of mccarthy on/off the training table every week.  no no no no no just say no

That just isn’t true. They spent the last two years of his contract trying to get him to sign an extension. 

Also, a quick look at his career stats for appearances. 

19/20 season 35

18/19 season 40

17/18 season 32

16/17 season 32

15/16 season 40

14/15 season 41

13/14 season 34

12/13 season 47

11/12 season 44

10/11 season 8 for Arsenal, 5 for Forrest, 6 for Cardiff. In the year he was getting over his double leg break. 

For the nine years since he had the broken leg he’s managed an average of 38 games per season. That’s not too bad really. 

This season only Pickford, Digne, Gylfi, Richarlison and DCL have managed 38 games or more. 

Last season only Pickford, Gylfi, Walcott, Richarlison and DCL managed 38 games or more. 

Before that only Pickford, Keane, Schneiderlin, Rooney, Davies and DCL managed 38 games or more. 

I know that’s very simple maths, but even his last three seasons he has averaged 35 (almost 36) games per season  

If we got 35 games per season out of Ramsey for the next three years it would make a big difference. I always thought of him as always being injured, but maybe it’s a bit of a myth. Or maybe I’m just trying to convince myself we could get a player of that quality. 

Just did some quick numbers for the last 4 seasons in all comps.

Juve = 15 x 90mins

18/19 = 24 x 90 mins

17/18 = 27 x 90 mins

16/17 = 22 x 90 mins

Sometimes the number of games played is misleading. Bearing in mind the number of games those sides play (50+) would having Ramsey for say 20 games a season be worth the cost?