IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Yep. He's played a lot of footy for us and we need him firing for the rest of the season.

Not really, knocked out of both cups in our first appearance, no European football. Pretty much a week between fixtures from now on in until the end of the season, should be fit enough to cope with that surly.

To put it into perspective Ibrahimovic has played 9 more games this season, and he's 35!

No need to give him special treatment.

I'm very surprised to see that Lukaku has now equalled Duncan Ferguson's club record with 60 EPL goals for EFC. The reason that that number looks really low for a club historical record... is because it only pertains to the Premier League, not the Premiership. So Dixie Dean (383 goals!), Graeme Sharp etc... was before the EPL days.

I'm very surprised to see that Lukaku has now equalled Duncan Ferguson's club record with 60 EPL goals for EFC. The reason that that number looks really low for a club historical record... is because it only pertains to the Premier League, not the Premiership. So Dixie Dean (383 goals!), Graeme Sharp etc... was before the EPL days.

Here in England, Sky and the media like you to believe that football didn't exist before the Premier League!!!

Strange that over an hour later we still haven't officially announced it ourselves.

UPDATE: on further inspection he hasn't signed, his agent has said its 99.999999999% done.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-striker-romelu-lukaku-not-12661870

Bloody hell I hate 99.9%

That just fills me with nerves.

Come on Rom, future captain.

Interesting that from the Barkley article I just posted it shows that he is second for us in terms of creating chances, with 35, but he's considered to do nothing but score goals :dont know: .

You say that as if he has always played like he is doing this season.

This season has seen him bar 1 or 2 games become more team orientated - more able on the ball. His best season by a long stretch and I'm not talking about goals - talking about the stuff I have wanted to see for the last few years that I was told 'wasn't important'. His ball retention was the biggest issue and that has improved.

It's not important when he's not doing it but when he is - it gets brought up....

Long may his maturity continue to blossom and his attitude grow. It has way to go but he is showing me that he can.

Edited by Hafnia

This season has seen him bar 1 or 2 games become more team orientated - more able on the ball. His best season by a long stretch and I'm not talking about goals - talking about the stuff I have wanted to see for the last few years that I was told 'wasn't important'. His ball retention was the biggest issue and that has improved.

It's not important when he's not doing it but when he is - it gets brought up....

Long may his maturity continue to blossom and his attitude grow. It has way to go but he is showing me that he can.

He's been high up in terms of creating chances and getting assists before and it's been ignored. Matt has posted the stats many times, god bless him.

I'd say his ball retention was a problem. He never took enough risks. Even now he's hesitant on the ball and making sure he gets it to a team mate. I'd rather he play the ball as soon as he sees the chance, because with his vision and skill it would he's now than capable of making killer passes. He'd lose the ball more, but create more goals.