IGNORED

Aiden McGeady

Scored for Republic of Ireland tonight

Make that 2!

Great stuff, second one a last minute winner!

Dramatic stuff in Tbilisi as the Republic of Ireland look to have snatched all three points! It was all down to Aiden McGeady, who displays magical footwork just inside the area to turn and fire in with a sweet left-foot strike. Beautiful.

(Northern Ireland won in Hungary as well with an 88th minute winner; some sore heads throughout the island of Ireland tomorrow morning)

He did well in my eyes. Great run and pass to set up naismith. Tracked back all game. People seem to forget who he was up against. He passed it well got stuck in and committed defenders. Mirallas played really well but didn't take on a player once. It's so hard to BeT a Chelsea defender one v one. I think both wide men played well the way they opened up the pitch by changing play.

haha get in there.... what a difference a week makes. everyone wanked over him last week. dont get me wrong i thought he was poor also but to get the high and mighty saying they always thought he was shit pisses me off. give it a break lads.

Told ya he'd come good this season....pleeeaasse don't apologize, we all talk a bit of shit sometimes.

Martin O'Neill said something along the lines of 'their was only one player on the pitch who could've scored that goal..... He can be a frustrating talent, but tonight he was a genius'.

Sounds bang on to be fair.

Agree, I like McGeady ( great for fifa ) we all know he's capable of the most fantastic skill and can beat a man with ease. It's the simple lay off/ pass and tracking that if improved on, he would be a very very good player.

Wahayyyyyy here we go all coming out now, I've always said he's good, I think he's great, I sai he would come good, I've always said he was special....

Give it till west brom at least, yous will all be on his case again soon.

I've always backed him and hoped he would be as good as he can be... But in all honesty I had felt a little bit let down by him coming into the season, and he warranted the slack he got for Arsenal game but then put a good shift in against Chelsea. Let's just hope it continues because he will be an important member this year!

dunno what you are talking about Brett, I said all along he will be a good player for us - just like NAISMITH. (see what I did there)

second goal had exceptional skill to get it on his left side, will do his confidence wonders.

You say NAISMITH like I went back on my original thoughts of him. I slated him and said he was shit at the start. Then they played him in his preferred position and he excelled. McGeady has always played in the same position but had been slated by you all. 'Don't think he's good enough'....

And like I said, three out of three for Naismith isn't going to change my mind and think he is a class act all of a sudden. He missed an absolute sitter last night against Germany and missed sitters against Celts Vigo also or whoever we played at Preston....

Just wait until the derby comes or a big big game and he misses those sitters, everyone in here will revert to type.... " don't think he's the answer" haha pathetic.

He has one half decent game against GEORGIA & people are jumping on the bandwagon.

Everyone knows he talented but the major question mark is consistency and effort. Until he does this week in week out he'll always be sub standard.

He floats in and out of games far too often. He lacks any defensive ability. Therefore he gets carried when we're under the cosh.

I don't think we're a better team when Mcgeady plays.

You say NAISMITH like I went back on my original thoughts of him. I slated him and said he was shit at the start. Then they played him in his preferred position and he excelled. McGeady has always played in the same position but had been slated by you all. 'Don't think he's good enough'....

And like I said, three out of three for Naismith isn't going to change my mind and think he is a class act all of a sudden. He missed an absolute sitter last night against Germany and missed sitters against Celts Vigo also or whoever we played at Preston....

Just wait until the derby comes or a big big game and he misses those sitters, everyone in here will revert to type.... " don't think he's the answer" haha pathetic.

To be fair to Hafnia, he's always backed Mcgeady. Much to my disagreement.

i'm happy to trawl through the match day threads where naismith was playing in his preferred role if you would like evidence that you have indeed "tagged" him and refused to give credit where it was indeed due... basically you just said in many a thread that Naismith is rubbish.

My point being, you can't get all judgemental for people being harsh on mcgeady.

If all of a sudden Lukaku pulls balls out of the sky like he has velcro on his boots and hits lovely one touch lay offs and creates openings for himself by looking after the ball then I am going to have to eat humble pie. I have stated on many occasions that I do not believe that Lukaku will develop the touch to become an all round striker. I sincerely hope that one day I have someone remind me of the harsh criticism I gave the developing Lukaku whoi has gone on to be one of the best strikers in europe.

We all have our own criteria as to what we like in a footballer, some of us may be Moyes like and appreciate the dull, industrious discipline of a Kevin Kilbane, some may love the Phil Neville "look at me point and shout and be a leader". Some may love the greedy but exciting flair of Mirallas. Some may love the Jagielka "i've been caught napping so I've had to stick my head in the way of a strikers boot to prevent a goal"

In short all players have their pros and cons. Some games the pros will be used to shout down the people who highlight the cons. The next game the cons will be used to shout down the cons.

Edited by Hafnia

Can't we all just give credit when it's due and critique when it's due?

Simple fact is that Naismith is on form, our best player on form at the moment.

Mcgeady scored two goals last night.. One a scorcher and deserves credit. He also played well against Chelsea.

If they play bad then as fans we have a right to say.

No one's jumping on the bandwagon, some are just recognising that with a little support this could do him wonders.

Same as a goal for Lukaku could kickstart hos season, a crunching goal saving tackle could make Jags or a thirty yarder could turn Hibbo into Zidane!

I always rated Naismith when everybody was slating him, his work rate was brilliant but he was played out of position. Now he is in his preferred position and is doing great but I have always rated him and believed in him as a player.

With McGeady though I am not to sure. Is he cut out for the premier league? I don't know. His touch can be poor at times, he tries to take on defenders but doesn't really have the speed to do it unlike Coleman and Gerry last year. He doesn't seem to track back that much which is needed as we are a counter attacking team and leave ourselves open at the back. Pienaar always tracks back and gives cover for Baines. Mirallas for Coleman.

Maybe this is what Martinez wants him to do to get teams on the counter attack and maybe he is still getting used to the premier league but I don't really get excited when I see him play. He has played a lot better in recent weeks, like against Chelsea good ball to Naismith.

Maybe I am being a bit cynical and hope he proves me wrong but at the moment I'm just not sure, he scored a good goal against Leicester and Georgia in qualifiers though.

Can't we all just give credit when it's due and critique when it's due?

This!

It's not fickle or jumping on a bandwagon to say a player played well, or did something well, one game and then to say they were shit the next game if that's what happened. It's just judging each game or performance individually.

i'm happy to trawl through the match day threads where naismith was playing in his preferred role if you would like evidence that you have indeed "tagged" him and refused to give credit where it was indeed due... basically you just said in many a thread that Naismith is rubbish.

My point being, you can't get all judgemental for people being harsh on mcgeady.

If all of a sudden Lukaku pulls balls out of the sky like he has velcro on his boots and hits lovely one touch lay offs and creates openings for himself by looking after the ball then I am going to have to eat humble pie. I have stated on many occasions that I do not believe that Lukaku will develop the touch to become an all round striker. I sincerely hope that one day I have someone remind me of the harsh criticism I gave the developing Lukaku whoi has gone on to be one of the best strikers in europe.

We all have our own criteria as to what we like in a footballer, some of us may be Moyes like and appreciate the dull, industrious discipline of a Kevin Kilbane, some may love the Phil Neville "look at me point and shout and be a leader". Some may love the greedy but exciting flair of Mirallas. Some may love the Jagielka "i've been caught napping so I've had to stick my head in the way of a strikers boot to prevent a goal"

In short all players have their pros and cons. Some games the pros will be used to shout down the people who highlight the cons. The next game the cons will be used to shout down the cons.

Wayhayyyyyyy you got lukaku in this post somehow. I'm guessing due to the consistency of you hatred of lukaku that he slept with your missus.

There has only been a handful of footballers who have ever been consistently brilliant. Even Geroge Best who was ridiculously talented could look averge for 89 minutes only to win a game with a piece of skill.

Your still not getting my point. to say someone is shit one match then brilliant the next is fine with me. But for people to say "I don't think he's the answer" is period.......

This means they can't change there mind cause theyve already written the lad off.

Jesus we have got some shite players :P