IGNORED

Ross Barkley

Is this the same lad who many wanted dropping and all of a sudden he could become some kind of saviour? 

I think people forget how inconsistent and frustrating the lad has been in recent times

He's a talented lad but it's as clear as day he's never going to make the step up many had hoped for including myself to begin with, you can't compare him to Ali the lad isn't on the same level 

12 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Is this the same lad who many wanted dropping and all of a sudden he could become some kind of saviour? 

I think people forget how inconsistent and frustrating the lad has been in recent times

He's a talented lad but it's as clear as day he's never going to make the step up many had hoped for including myself to begin with, you can't compare him to Ali the lad isn't on the same level 

It' like Rom pointed out in another thread, there are players who are being called as much needed despite not really doing much for a few years...Besic, Mirallas, McCarthy, Mori...

5 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

That’s always been the words to the song. 

I know. But it makes no sense.

McCarthy doesn't play. And Barkley hasn  this year.

Can't they squeeze another name in like 'Bainesy'. That works.

I'm only messing of course...but you knew that.

4 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I know. But it makes no sense.

McCarthy doesn't play. And Barkley hasn  this year.

Can't they squeeze another name in like 'Bainesy'. That works.

I'm only messing of course...but you knew that.

Actually, I genuinely thought you didn’t know it’d always been McCarthy :lol:.

It’s early, I blame that :unsure: 

42 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

I think some fans need to actually appreciate what he did that was good. It was like the Newcastle goal was the expectation all the time. 

Kev Geri Williams all have done/did things that were good Haf that doesn't sugar coat or dismiss the fact that they've been relatively shite and inconsistent, you can say the same of any player it makes no sense to me tbh 

We don't have time for irrelevant sentiment mate we need some form of solution and Barkley isn't it imo

5 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Madly enough not all fans behave the same... or think the same.... hence people saying that theyve witnessed the lad getting dogs abuse.

People make out that he gets more abuse than he does support. It's just not true.

Yeah, he gets stick but he gets more support than most as well. Not every player of ours gets a banner with their mug on it unfurled in the Gwladys Street. 

1 hour ago, EFC-Paul said:

All I know is that we were much much better with him than without him. 

He frustrated me too, because I know how good he can be and when he plays average, it’s dissapointing. But an average Barkley is still a good player and this is what our fans sometimes fail to see. 

Most say he had a bad season last season, yet he still managed to finish as one of the top players for creating opportunities. And what are we lacking right now? Opportunity’s to score goals.

48 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

People make out that he gets more abuse than he does support. It's just not true.

Yeah, he gets stick but he gets more support than most as well. Not every player of ours gets a banner with their mug on it unfurled in the Gwladys Street. 

When I know fans have come to blows over him getting abuse from the main stand them it's a problem.... when I see constant updates on Twitter from various fans saying the stuff he gets is a joke then its a problem.  When players like osman have acknowledged  that senior players have had to help him deal with the abuse then it's a problem.

When you can actually hear fans abusing him on tv.... it's a problem. 

58 minutes ago, EFC-Paul said:

Kev Geri Williams all have done/did things that were good Haf that doesn't sugar coat or dismiss the fact that they've been relatively shite and inconsistent, you can say the same of any player it makes no sense to me tbh 

We don't have time for irrelevant sentiment mate we need some form of solution and Barkley isn't it imo

Nowt sentimental about it... he has had games but his 7/10 games get plated out like they are 4/10.

At his most average he puts the opposition into a structure that is designed to stop him.... he frees up so much space and gives penetration. 

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Nowt sentimental about it... he has had games but his 7/10 games get plated out like they are 4/10.

At his most average he puts the opposition into a structure that is designed to stop him.... he frees up so much space and gives penetration. 

Of course there's sentiment to it you're referencing decent past performances and trying to gloss how average the lad has been at times by saying people should "remember" the good 

I'm not fully disagreeing with you as like yourself and Shukes I do think he could improve the side slightly but nowhere near the level that's needed to pull us out of the shit 

It's pointless the lad freeing space up making his occasional runs that come off to find which ever player it is infront of him that would struggle to put the milk away let alone a ball 

I like the lad and I'd like to see him sign on but I'm past the point of hoping he becomes a top player just a decent one and I don't see him having much influence on this side whilst it's in this dire mess, as said in the other thread we've been fucked over by Koeman and the amount of work needed to sort it out is beyond one players capability 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Nods in approval

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

The support he gets from the away following has never been in doubt. And from what you tell me Mark the lower Gwladys support him. I sit upstairs and he gets it worse than anyone, I've been in the main stand and Bullens and heard him get it worse. I really think its affected him over the last few years.

I remember someone posting a vid of Jagielka telling him the boohs were for Martinez. He's too precious, and because of that gets special treatment from the fans.

If he wasn't so fragile he'd get a lot more stick for his pish poor performances rather than just a groan. He's had it easy here, and I doubt any fans would be kinder to him for the displays he's put in. 

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Yet another reason why Crooked Sam shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club. This statement, unfortunately, implies he believes he's in line to be the next manager.

17 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Yet another reason why Crooked Sam shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club. This statement, unfortunately, implies he believes he's in line to be the next manager.

I'd say the opposite tbh Steve 

He's dabbling in a matter that has some sensitivity to it with what's gone on and he doesn't paint the best picture of the situation

The man isn't coming here 100%.…... I hope