IGNORED

Ross Barkley

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I honestly don’t care who’s fault it was. I want him to sign because I think he will make a difference to our team.

if he decides to go, then he can go. I’ll move on.

if he decides to stay then he gets my support.

Everton are way bigger than Barkley and Koeman.

Point scoring, Shukes, it matters a great deal to some.

2 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Point scoring, Shukes, it matters a great deal to some.

I don’t think it has anything to do with point scoringand more to do with the absurd notion that he wont sign because Koeman picked on him when it’s common knowledge the lad refused a contract back in amartinez reign.

He doesn’t want to be here so people need to let go. Koeman can be blamed for many things but Barkley isn’t one of them.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

I don’t think it has anything to do with point scoringand more to do with the absurd notion that he wont sign because Koeman picked on him when it’s common knowledge the lad refused a contract back in amartinez reign.

He doesn’t want to be here so people need to let go. Koeman can be blamed for many things but Barkley isn’t one of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/05/roberto-martinez-ross-barkley-everton-contract

Everton will offer England midfielder new contract this summer
Manager Martínez says Barkley wants to stay at club

Martinez on Barkley:-

The Everton manager said: “We will probably look at it in the summer. As I’ve said before, Ross is not a young man any more. He’s a player you can build a project on. When you want to build a project it is about a player who wants to play for Everton and wants to take that role. It is one thing as a manager wanting to do something, if the player doesn’t feel the same way then you cannot do it.

“But at the moment we have to concentrate on what we can achieve from now until the end of the season. What you are going to do in the final 12 games of the season will allow you to have a real strong ending, and that’s where the focus is. The FA Cup is another real strong focus for us, and the role of Ross Barkley will be vital to what we can achieve.”

he was sacked in May 2016.... Barkley never had his contract offered to him till March/April 2017. 

Soooo....  Martinez said that Barkley wants to stay at the club - that he will look at contract in the summer.....  Martinez was sacked before the summer so Barkley wasn't offered a new contract by Martinez.

Koeman stated that Barkley needed to earn his new contract in "September 2017 time"  - amidst a fair bit of criticism week on week.    Barkley was offered his contract by Koeman in March/April. 

BTW Romey - its got nothing to do with point scoring.  If it was I would be giving it the big ones about saying that Koeman would be sacked and Unsworth taking over.... I would be saying that the writing was on the wall with his tactics and demeanour etc.  None of us are footballing experts - none of us earn a coin for what we know about the game.

All we do is commentate - we make our opinions and share them.

My opinion is that Barkley was unfairly treated by koeman to the point that he didn't want to play under him any more.    Now that Koeman is gone I believe Barkley will sign a new deal.

2 hours ago, hafnia said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/05/roberto-martinez-ross-barkley-everton-contract

Everton will offer England midfielder new contract this summer
Manager Martínez says Barkley wants to stay at club

Martinez on Barkley:-

The Everton manager said: “We will probably look at it in the summer. As I’ve said before, Ross is not a young man any more. He’s a player you can build a project on. When you want to build a project it is about a player who wants to play for Everton and wants to take that role. It is one thing as a manager wanting to do something, if the player doesn’t feel the same way then you cannot do it.

“But at the moment we have to concentrate on what we can achieve from now until the end of the season. What you are going to do in the final 12 games of the season will allow you to have a real strong ending, and that’s where the focus is. The FA Cup is another real strong focus for us, and the role of Ross Barkley will be vital to what we can achieve.”

he was sacked in May 2016.... Barkley never had his contract offered to him till March/April 2017. 

Soooo....  Martinez said that Barkley wants to stay at the club - that he will look at contract in the summer.....  Martinez was sacked before the summer so Barkley wasn't offered a new contract by Martinez.

Koeman stated that Barkley needed to earn his new contract in "September 2017 time"  - amidst a fair bit of criticism week on week.    Barkley was offered his contract by Koeman in March/April. 

BTW Romey - its got nothing to do with point scoring.  If it was I would be giving it the big ones about saying that Koeman would be sacked and Unsworth taking over.... I would be saying that the writing was on the wall with his tactics and demeanour etc.  None of us are footballing experts - none of us earn a coin for what we know about the game.

All we do is commentate - we make our opinions and share them.

My opinion is that Barkley was unfairly treated by koeman to the point that he didn't want to play under him any more.    Now that Koeman is gone I believe Barkley will sign a new deal.

Sorry, unless I'm missing it...can you highlight the part of the quote where Martinez says Barkley wants to stay?

Or do you interpret the below as Martinez saying he wants to stay?

"When you want to build a project it is about a player who wants to play for Everton and wants to take that role. It is one thing as a manager wanting to do something, if the player doesn’t feel the same way then you cannot do it."

25 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

Sorry, unless I'm missing it...can you highlight the part of the quote where Martinez says Barkley wants to stay?

Or do you interpret the below as Martinez saying he wants to stay?

"When you want to build a project it is about a player who wants to play for Everton and wants to take that role. It is one thing as a manager wanting to do something, if the player doesn’t feel the same way then you cannot do it."

read the full article - Martinez is pretty euphoric in what he felt about the lad.

Unsworth has come out in the press conference saying he wants to convince Barkley to stay. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5012567/Ross-Barkley-Everton-great-says-Unsworth.html

1 minute ago, hafnia said:

read the full article - Martinez is pretty euphoric in what he felt about the lad.

Unsworth has come out in the press conference saying he wants to convince Barkley to stay. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5012567/Ross-Barkley-Everton-great-says-Unsworth.html

I have read the article.

I'm genuinely asking do you interpret the before mentioned paragraph as him wanting to stay? I ask because I haven't taken it that way. Or read it that way. I've read it as Martinez wants to build a team around him but you can't do it if the player doesn't feel the same...as in, doesn't want to be part of it = wants to leave.

I've watched Unsworths interview...love the guy...hope he does convince him to stay. We'll see.

16 minutes ago, Newty82 said:

I have read the article.

I'm genuinely asking do you interpret the before mentioned paragraph as him wanting to stay? I ask because I haven't taken it that way. Or read it that way. I've read it as Martinez wants to build a team around him but you can't do it if the player doesn't feel the same...as in, doesn't want to be part of it = wants to leave.

I've watched Unsworths interview...love the guy...hope he does convince him to stay. We'll see.

yes - I believe he was stating that he wants Barkley and that it will get discussed in the summer - Martinez never liked doing contracts in the middle of the season.

Martinez absolutely loved Barkley - was a huge player for him. 

Just read that article and it’s pretty clear that Martinez is a Barkley fan and wanted him to stay.

his comment was that Ross is a player you can build a team around. He then said you can only do that with players that want it.... not those words, but in context, and with the quotes immediately before, that’s how I read it.

in isolation the quote sounds a lot different.

i hope Unsy can get him to stay. And I hope Ross uses it as the kick up the arse he needs.

3 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well if he isn’t playing well, and he hasn’t been this season, that’s what you’ll get isn’t it?

I know that Mark, I have no issue with a groan at a poor performance. My issue is that the local lads seem to get it worse than any, it might only be up by me, but there is always someone getting it.

I've seen some fellas let it go with lads who have come in and not performed, but still worse than the likes of Ross and Tom, but they will get it worse. Was the same with Hibbo and Ossie, while they had some real shite around them.

Just now, StevO said:

I know that Mark, I have no issue with a groan at a poor performance. My issue is that the local lads seem to get it worse than any, it might only be up by me, but there is always someone getting it.

I've seen some fellas let it go with lads who have come in and not performed, but still worse than the likes of Ross and Tom, but they will get it worse. Was the same with Hibbo and Ossie, while they had some real shite around them.

Around me is the opposite - the likes of Sigurdsson, Klaassen and Martina will get moaned at when they mess up, but Baines, Davies etc will get nothing at all. 

I don’t agree with either way tbh - if you’re going to moan about a misplaced pass then it shouldn’t matter who it is, it’s shit whatever. 

10 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Just read that article and it’s pretty clear that Martinez is a Barkley fan and wanted him to stay.

his comment was that Ross is a player you can build a team around. He then said you can only do that with players that want it.... not those words, but in context, and with the quotes immediately before, that’s how I read it.

in isolation the quote sounds a lot different.

i hope Unsy can get him to stay. And I hope Ross uses it as the kick up the arse he needs.

25 minutes ago, hafnia said:

yes - I believe he was stating that he wants Barkley and that it will get discussed in the summer - Martinez never liked doing contracts in the middle of the season.

Martinez absolutely loved Barkley - was a huge player for him. 

You do both realise Newty is saying that Barkley is the one that comes across as not wanting to stay, not that Martinez didn’t want him to stay?

14 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

You do both realise Newty is saying that Barkley is the one that comes across as not wanting to stay, not that Martinez didn’t want him to stay?

I am wondering if I'm being read right?!

I know Martinez loved him but that particular quote reads to me that Martinez is saying Barkley doesn't want to stay. Articles around that time also said he was hesitant to sign while Martinez was there because we'd slipped down the league under him.

It's ok the manager loving him, praising him, cuddling him but the lad has to want to stay at the club. I'm not sure he wants to stay at the club, regardless of manager.

The only difference between Martinez and Koeman is Martinez was more vocal in praise he wanted him to stay as did Koeman as he was offered a deal but the lad didn't sign it, it's a moot point to compare the manager's 

You have no idea if he'd have signed it if Martinez was still at the helm purely on him vocally praising the lad to the media 

I want him to stay but to use Koeman as a whipping boy to justify Ross wanting out is pure speculation with no basis to it

Right- Unsworth has said they are going to try and persuade him to stay- so lets see if he does. Whether he does or not will finally prove one way or the other if it was just Koeman or he just wants out. Either way, he’s allowed to do what he wants obviously but I think blaming Koeman is way out of line in this.

58 minutes ago, Paddock said:

Right- Unsworth has said they are going to try and persuade him to stay- so lets see if he does. Whether he does or not will finally prove one way or the other if it was just Koeman or he just wants out. Either way, he’s allowed to do what he wants obviously but I think blaming Koeman is way out of line in this.

I agree with paddock on this, the simple quote by Unsworth saying he will try to persuade him to stay, means to me that Ross does want to leave.

If I remember correctly, Barkley dragged his last contract and there were rumors that he's going to leave or is trying to squeeze the club for better terms. There was Terry or Lampard, can't remember exactly which one of them, who called him on the phone and convinced him to sign. 

Ross should not able to demand anything. He has not progressed into the player we all thought he would.

If we started playing free flowing passing again he will not be wanted. Spends farrrrr too much time fucking dilly dallying on the ball acting the fucking clown with the player in front of him.

Alot have already forgotton. I still remember.

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

I agree with paddock on this, the simple quote by Unsworth saying he will try to persuade him to stay, means to me that Ross does want to leave.

The last we knew Ross wanted to leave.... the manager was sacked yesterday and unsworth put in place today....... it's a bit quick to say do is wants to leave. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

The last we knew Ross wanted to leave.... the manager was sacked yesterday and unsworth put in place today....... it's a bit quick to say do is wants to leave. 

If he didn't want to leave Haf, there wouldn't be any need for Unsworth to persuade him to stay.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

If he didn't want to leave Haf, there wouldn't be any need for Unsworth to persuade him to stay.

I don't think he was gonna say "now Ronalds gone ill see if ross will stay"..... i think its pretty clear what's gone on.

But we will see. Interesting one. 

2 hours ago, MC11 said:

Always maintained Koeman was the driving force behind Barkley wanting a move. We will now see if that was the case. 

Only difference being is that Ross has had months of planning to do whilst block head was still here. 

And it's not as if we are a team going places at the moment. If we had a chance of top 4, it would be an even bigger pull but we are very unlikely to get to the EL let alone CL.