IGNORED

Ross Barkley

We don't have all the details but it obviously doesn't look good for Barkley.

The optimist in me hopes that he had a change a heart, but the realist in me tells me he'd rather wait it out and get a transfer for spurs costing us a ton of money in the process. All I can say is that if he does play again then I hope he gives his all.

7 hours ago, Bill said:

We don't know how much he was offered, even so i think it's better to pay him £3/4/5 million a year and get £40m back when they sell him.

You deal with other players contracts individually, if they don't like it, move them on. This situation should never occur again.

The numbers aren't the point, it's the reputation and negotiating later on that's the issue if we just throw money at him to get him to sign. Plus, if he signs for money, he's not going to play well because his heart won't be in it, which means his value drops drastically.

Agree with the last part though

I don't have an angle. I'm pointing out we've got one side of the story and it's plausible that it's deflection from the fact the board failed to deliver on the last 2 signings Koeman has repeatedly asked for. Probably not likely, but it's plausible.

It isn't plausible though. You're admitting as much by saying its probably not likely. It would be pretty stupid to lie about something like this when it could be easily disproven by Chelsea, Ross, his agent etc... and I think we can all agree that, in addition to being upfront with Everton supporters so far, Moshiri isn't stupid. Beyond that, I'm not sure how this would be effective as a deflection even if it was his goal. Those who are upset about the lack of a big name striker and a defender aren't going to forget about it because of this stuff with Ross.

It isn't plausible though. You're admitting as much by saying its probably not likely. It would be pretty stupid to lie about something like this when it could be easily disproven by Chelsea, Ross, his agent etc... and I think we can all agree that, in addition to being upfront with Everton supporters so far, Moshiri isn't stupid. Beyond that, I'm not sure how this would be effective as a deflection even if it was his goal. Those who are upset about the lack of a big name striker and a defender aren't going to forget about it because of this stuff with Ross.

its not impossible, ergo it's plausible. That's all I was saying

Mark, you don't seem to grasp this from a business point of view.

If enough money was offered he would sign, we pay him X amount for 12 months, we promise to sell him next season, for which we get xxx amount of money for him.

Anything other than that he walks away and we get nothing.

Certain people at the club can't be very good at addition and subtraction.

I grasp it just fine. What you don't seem to grasp is the reality of it, and the reality of it is that Ross Barkley has been offered a contract to sign on for a few more years at around 100k a week but Ross Barkley will not sign that contract because Ross Barkley does not want to be at Everton Football Club. So by all means, offer him another contract (even though I wholeheartedly agree with what Matt has been saying), but Ross fucking Barkley will not sign that fucking contract because Ross fucking Barkley does not want to play for Everton fucking Football Club.

My head hurts.

we get screwed in the head by the deadline and Ross going weird on us,  then 24 hours later we get screwed in the head by the new layout,  which incidentally seems less attractive, less informative, and less useful.

P know some folks like the new site,  but sadly I can not take to it.

6 hours ago, rubecula said:

we get screwed in the head by the deadline and Ross going weird on us,  then 24 hours later we get screwed in the head by the new layout,  which incidentally seems less attractive, less informative, and less useful.

P know some folks like the new site,  but sadly I can not take to it.

Nor me, but I don't like changes in life generally, struggling to find some forums I want to look at, and starting to lose patients life's to short and I'm to busy for pissing about like this.

People have to have some patience its not easy setting up a forum from scratch, I'm sure Louis and his squad will give it a tweak here and there and make it more acceptable.

On another subject, when I pressed reply to this post just now, it popped up with a copy of the same post I posted last night. Wired.

20 minutes ago, Peter H said:

Thx Ross. Might have cost the club £20-30m but as long as you feel like youre doing the right thing by you

It fairness why shouldn't he? You can't have it one way where it's OK for players like Niasse to rot in the reserves and then have other who don't get to choose where they want to spend their career.

Interestingly Dean Aston mentioned that it was probably Chelsea that tried to renegotiate on the deal given how long he will be out for. If Everton didn't budge which I doubt they did, I imagine all parties (bar Everton) agreed to wait until January. 

6 minutes ago, Comedybegs said:

It fairness why shouldn't he? You can't have it one way where it's OK for players like Niasse to rot in the reserves and then have other who don't get to choose where they want to spend their career.

Interestingly Dean Aston mentioned that it was probably Chelsea that tried to renegotiate on the deal given how long he will be out for. If Everton didn't budge which I doubt they did, I imagine all parties (bar Everton) agreed to wait until January. 

You do t know where you are mate. Common sense is not welcome here.

generally, Ross is a rat because he didn't hand in a transfer request... ye I know, mentality and all that haha...

he is also a nob for not ratting the club out in the press.... again I know!

But Lukaku is ok to do it because he has champions league ambitions, but Ross has no right to do it... because he kept quiet?... and didnt mouth off,... and is gown grown..... I give up haha.