IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I was fuming last night, but hey ho, it's just football.

I wasn't angry because I thought he'd done anything deliberate against the club, just angry in the knowledge that he'll go for next to nothing now, if anything at all. Not because it's Ross Barkley, its not the name thats the issue, I'd feel the same if it was any player and this saga had dragged on.

I dunno. A bit pissed about the whole thing really. Just wanted it sorted and for us to move on. Now he aint gonna kick a ball for us due to injury and there'll be fans, plenty of kids, clinging onto him staying...he ain't staying guys. Move on.

The problem is what do we do now I would offer him a fabulous contract and tempt him to stay.

It will cost a lot of money to replace him.

He was offered one, he wouldn't sign it.

I think it's quite funny that people are thinking this is because he wants to stay. If that was the case he wouldn't be wanting to look at the situation again in January. He's not going to sign a contract, he's going to run down the one he's already got for a few more months.

The only way he can salvage this situation is by signing a new contract but I just don't see it, and he'll be grateful Koeman doesn't rate him and won't play him often because if he couldn't handle the Everton fans before then he'll be a quivering wreck after this.

If there was that much anger from Ross's side that he wanted to fuck the club over he would have just gone tonight. Why would he expose himself to months of more grief if he really just wants to get out?

Either something not right at Chelsea with the same thing happening with Ox, or maybe Ross is having second thoughts about leaving.

I'm not having that he is sat there with his agent (who would have both made a fortune tonight) and decided "I know, if I fuck this off now I can really shaft the club and move in January". We know Ross is sensitive, I don't think he's that aggressive.

I think eith Chelsea or perhaps Spurs have got in his ear and told him to sit it out until January and he and his agent will get a bigger signing on fee/ wages. His agent will tell him what to do- if he says come on Ross we're out of here- Ross will follow.

He wont be fit until December so Spurs or Chelsea have nothing to lose by asking him to wait. The fact Moshiri said his agent told him he wants to reconsider in January points to the fact he's been tapped up for a much cheaper move then. I think if he was fit he'd of signed no problem but Moshiris comments last night told me everything I need to know.

My money is on a move to Spurs for 10 million in January. If he's changed his mind and wants to stay then I would be delighted but he hasn't mate.

I was fooled into thinking new ownership would change things. You're right I'm an idiot for following that line of thinking. New Everton same as the old Everton.

How can you blame the club for this??? Blame them for not getting the two players in- it was shit but they done a deal for Barkley and he walked out of the medical!! The club are not to blame for that.

I dont get the greedy calls.

Chelsea offer him a contract that is sure to be more than he gets here. Pretty much guaranteed CL football and trophys.

He turns them down because he is greedy?

I'm not following.

As soon as someone mentioned a loyalty payment last year it's all we talk about. Is it really enough to turn down a five year contract haha?

I don't think he will sign but money talks.

My philosophy is offer him a completely new contract much better terms if he doesn't sign banish him to the a team or leave him out completely.

If he signs it's win win for us we can then sell him at a profit if and when he wants to leave.

But I think Koeman is Ross's problem and possibly ours.

Patto, he doesn't deserve better terms. Since he was offered that contract what has he done to deserve being offered more? Absolutely nothing.

Chelsea offer him a contract that is sure to be more than he gets here. Pretty much guaranteed CL football and trophys.

I'm not following.

As soon as someone mentioned a loyalty payment last year it's all we talk about. Is it really enough to turn down a five year contract haha?

Because he is out until December- he waits until January and the fee drops to 10 million- him and his agent get another few million each.

If he was fit I would be thinking he's changed his mind but the comments Moshiri made last night of him wanting to reconsider his options in January tell you he hasn't had a change of heart to stay with us - he wants a more lucrative del in January.

I'm not following.

I dont think its greed. I think that he really wants to go to spurs and that they were not willing to pay £35m. Everton tried to sell him to Chelsea instead, Ross was willing to sign because he thought that Spurs didnt want him anymore. He went to Chelsea fully expecting to sign and then his agent got a call from Spurs saying that they will have him in jan.

The problem is what do we do now I would offer him a fabulous contract and tempt him to stay.

It will cost a lot of money to replace him.

Already been replaced Patto, Klaasen, Siggy, and Rooney can all do the job better.

I do agree with your other post, try anything to get him to sign a new contract so we can get money when we do sell him. We still have to pay his wages until he walks away for nothing. A better contract would be a solution.

Edited by Bill

I don't see the Tottenham argument. He has a far clearer path to playing time at Chelsea. Unless he's going to Tottenham to sit on the bench behind Eriksen/Alli/Son. I don't see him slotting next to Dier or Dembele in a deeper-lying position, either. All of those players are young with Son and Eriksen the oldest at 25.

At least at Chelsea he'd have an aging Fabregas, Pedro and even Willian, 30, 30 and 29 respectively, to learn from and starting stealing minutes as they start to wear down over the next couple seasons.

I don't see this as being anything but greed from Barkley. Of course his goal is not to fuck over the club he grew up loving, but he certainly doesn't seem to mind us being a casualty.

It doesn't really matter whether Koeman put him in that position with his criticisms or not; you would still hope for a little more respect from a boyhood blue.

Edited by nyblue23

Unless he signs a new contract he will never train with us again let alone play for us, come January he will not be fit he will be fat as fuck unfit as hell and not good enough to play non-league football. Also he will be hated by our fans, Chelsea fans, and not trusted by other clubs. Silly shite may have just ended his career if he does not sign a new contract. Koeman now has the upper hand in any negotiations I think.

Why do you think he'd prefer spurs over Chelsea?

best mates with Delle

"It was simply that he would rather make a decision about his next move when he is fully fit, rather than arrive at a new club injured,"

Don't see how this would be the reason.

complete bullshit. he wouldn't have agreed personal terms then. he would have said no from the start. he didn't. he wants out.

You know what I really really really hope we do? When Spurs cone back in January with a £10mill offer, we tell them 'nah

..£35mill'. And we stick to it. In today's money mad football world, £10mill is nothing (that's so strange to write!).

As a club, we'll know something has gone on. Just keep him here. Then let him flee in summer.

Patto, he doesn't deserve better terms. Since he was offered that contract what has he done to deserve being offered more? Absolutely nothing.

Mark, you don't seem to grasp this from a business point of view.

If enough money was offered he would sign, we pay him X amount for 12 months, we promise to sell him next season, for which we get xxx amount of money for him.

Anything other than that he walks away and we get nothing.

Certain people at the club can't be very good at addition and subtraction.

Mark, you don't seem to grasp this from a business point of view.

If enough money was offered he would sign, we pay him X amount for 12 months, we promise to sell him next season, for which we get xxx amount of money for him.

Anything other than that he walks away and we get nothing.

Certain people at the club can't be very good at addition and subtraction.

Pretty sure he does understand. What's not understood is that it's more than addition and subtraction.

He wouldn't sign a rumoured 100k+ contract so how much more do you offer to "tie him down" so we can cash in? Lets say it's 150k, and he signs. What image does that send to every other player in the club and potential signing - easy; play hardball as a player and the club will give in. How many millions do we then spend on the player over the term of the contract? How many players do we miss out on because they try to screw us on wages?

Simple short-term planning vs long-term planning

We don't know how much he was offered, even so i think it's better to pay him £3/4/5 million a year and get £40m back when they sell him.

You deal with other players contracts individually, if they don't like it, move them on. This situation should never occur again.