IGNORED

Ross Barkley

16 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Haha I know I am one of the worst. 

But with this press conference I have to say I am pleasantly surprised. With the Barkley comments and add to that what he said about Niasse, it's rubbed out a bit of the grey cloud.

at the end of the day, I honestly want what's best for the club. If I am wrong and it's in Evertons interests then I'm happy.

A backtracker and a hypocrite.

Deserves a ban that I think.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

If koeman is fired and rhino takes over, how many people expect ross to sign that contract and stay?

hypothetical.

I think if Chelsea get him I can see why but he only has to look at drinkwater to see what can happen. If spurs get him it’s a result of koeman because the wages he would get would be pretty similar. 

50 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

By the way we have missed him big time aswell. His runs through the middle are a distant memory to sideways football 

They’ve been a distant memory for longer than this season tbf. People thinking he’d solve our slow football problem are kidding themselves - he was responsible for slowing us down last season (not solely, obviously). It was frustrating because you know he was capable of going right through the middle of teams. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Shukes said:

Get fit soon Ross. 

Its set up for you son. If ever a player needed an opportunity its here made for him. Only up to him now.

Ever heard the phrase "people don't change jobs - they change managers".... its very very true. 

Lets make a few things clear here:-

Barkley was not offered a new contract under Martinez - Martinez mentioned that he would look at it in the summer.  The summer is when Koeman took over.

Koeman stated that Barkley had not had his contract talks arranged back in March... by April/May he was issuing sign or be sold ultimatums.

I have previously stated the continued criticism of the lad.... much of it is contained here http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ronald-koemans-criticism-ross-barkley-10782417

but there was actually more....  to the point that the likes of Phil Neville came out in support of the lad. 

Those comments indicate a sustained level of criticism of a player which is:

1.  Unfair - based on the levels other players were performing at and escaping public criticism

2.  Unwise - based on the fact that the lad clearly responds to an arm round the shoulder and not a beating....  why would you criticise a player who you wanted to sign a new contract?  you wouldn't would you?

don't be surprised if the lad signs an extension if koeman is sacked.

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

Ever heard the phrase "people don't change jobs - they change managers".... its very very true. 

Lets make a few things clear here:-

Barkley was not offered a new contract under Martinez - Martinez mentioned that he would look at it in the summer.  The summer is when Koeman took over.

You're wrong!!!!

Martinez said in an interview in the February the year before he was binned that Barkley wouldn't negotiate in a new contract and/or would not sign what was offered to him.

I'm sure I posted links and/or quotes in this thread during the summer.

EDIT: Sorry, maybe not quite so wrong. It was the same year he got binned but this answer is quite revealing....

Asked if it was a realistic to hope to build a team around Barkley, Martinez said: “It’s a great question. But when you want to build a project around a player at Everton you need a player who wants to take that role.

“It’s one thing as manager wanting that player, but if the player doesn’t feel the same way, then you can’t do it.”