IGNORED

Ross Barkley

I hope he either signs a new contract or simply moves on. Not too bothered about making a few penny's now. 

Just want him to either fight for his place or just move on. If he stays and plays for us then he gets my support, if he moves then we move on. F all the politics about getting the right deal etc. ... been there a thousand times and all it does is make the club look bad.

lets get back to being a football club and not a Sky sports business. Football fans will stay and move on.

Agree with Shukes earlier...young man needing help. But his agent is supposed to give that help and seems to have left him looking an idiot. Seems like he wants to go to TH and agent has played that twat Levy into the mix = screw Everton. I loved Ross but now get rid, follow on from  Jeffers, Lescott, Rodwell even Gosling. Good luck.

I totally agree with pad on this one, even if Ross is not the sharpest tool in the box he has plenty around him who are.

He has gone 100% to make sure efc dont get a penny, call it payback for RK saying you are sold unless you sign im not sure.

But i am sure after all we have done for him after bad injury's and poor form, and great inconsistency we stuck by him, and he does this.  

If he has done this to screw the club or RK over... then I agree... he and the people around him are more than dumb. If he really thinks the club are going to hurt by a few million, then he deserves the ridicule.

if he thinks RK cares one single bit about the clubs money, then I really am worried for his sanity.

this is the biggest Everton conspiracy since the Arteta money haha.

5 minutes ago, Shukes said:

If he has done this to screw the club or RK over... then I agree... he and the people around him are more than dumb. If he really thinks the club are going to hurt by a few million, then he deserves the ridicule.

if he thinks RK cares one single bit about the clubs money, then I really am worried for his sanity.

this is the biggest Everton conspiracy since the Arteta money haha.

It's not about the money- it's about the fact he is an Everton supporter and after all the club has done for him- gave him an opportunity, took him on as a kid, nursed him through a horrific injury, stood by him even though his form has been suspect, offered him a lucrative contract and after all that he lets his agent talk him into playing right into Levys greedy hands. I absolutely guarantee he's going to Tottenham, I also guarantee they've told his agent if he waits until January they'll move for him and they'll double the signing on fee (or something similar) and Ross has just gone along with it and not give a second thought.

anyone with an ounce of integrity would have said to the agent that he wants to pay the club back for everything it's done for him

do you honestly believe he wants to wait until he's fit to make a decision and that is the only reason he's held on??

3 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Koeman has made Barkleys position as uncomfortable as possible. He doesn't want him and the board have backed Koeman over it. 

I dont give a fuck if he goes for nothing I think he's been treated poorly and don't blame him. 

Exactly MC. It's been made pretty clear he isn't wanted, yet he is still expected to do what's right for the club.... on the way out?

i love Everton, but I'm not buying into this hardline management style if I'm honest. 

Neautrals aren't calling us the new Chelsea for nothing.

i hope one way or another it is sorted and the club moves on.

3 minutes ago, Haiku said:

How? By giving him 3000 out of 3400 minutes of premier league football during the season followed by offering him a solid contract and urging him to sign as soon as possible? 

Koeman has brought his own players in now was always going to do that now Ross is surplus. He dropped him early in the season last year which indicated he wasn't fussed on him: called him out on his performances then made his contract situation public telling him "sign or be sold". People may like the straight talking Koeman but I personally think he acted a cunt throughout. Imagine him being your boss  

10 minutes ago, MC11 said:

Koeman has brought his own players in now was always going to do that now Ross is surplus. He dropped him early in the season last year which indicated he wasn't fussed on him: called him out on his performances then made his contract situation public telling him "sign or be sold". People may like the straight talking Koeman but I personally think he acted a cunt throughout. Imagine him being your boss  

Maybe he was offered a contact before Koeman even come here. Maybe Koeman felt Barkley wasn't committed to the course, and tried his best to push him. We don't know.

1 minute ago, MC11 said:

I don't have a boss, but if I had one, I would liked to be so straightforward as Koeman is. Facts speak for themselves.

1. Barkley was offered a new contract and he turned it down.

2. Koeman after much speculation told the public what is happening, which is in fan's interest to know.

3. Barkley was criticized at times, but was well deserved.

4. Barkley was our 3rd most used player last season. Proof attached below.

5. Barkley fucked up his boyhood club upon deciding to leave on a free and earn bigger paycheck.

6. It's enough for me to understand he's a fucking greedy little shit with no respect to the community that pulled him out of the ghetto and tried to make him a decent human being. 

3295c34d357db2e84af24b92aae4c624.png

Not arsed about the money. No premier league club needs it now. 

If Ross wanted money he would have got about £1.5m more over the next 20 weeks of his salary. 

If he was sold for £35m he would have received a loyalty bonus from Everton of £3.5m, immediately! Plus his signing on fee. 

If he runs down his contract too far he loses the loyalty bonus, so his signing on fee would have to cover that cost of that. 

From what I can see, moving to Chelsea last week was the big money option. 

12 minutes ago, StevO said:

If Ross wanted money he would have got about £1.5m more over the next 20 weeks of his salary. 

If he was sold for £35m he would have received a loyalty bonus from Everton of £3.5m, immediately! Plus his signing on fee. 

If he runs down his contract too far he loses the loyalty bonus, so his signing on fee would have to cover that cost of that. 

Obviously you don't know how loyalty bonus work. It's paid monthly over the player's contract. If the player initiates transfer, then the owning club is not obligated to pay the remaining of his loyalty bonus. 

Signing on fee turns out to be the same loyalty bonus.

EDIT:

Another fact. Barkley never requested transfer, so he will receive the loyalty bonus in full by the end of his contract with Everton. Plus he's going to negotiate a huge signing on fee with his next club and probably much better salary due to going for free. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Yep but the team signing him will have saved 35m + so the additional signing on fee is peanuts in comparison for them but Ross will get a huge signing on fee way more than he would have got for signing a new contract with additional wages. He will make much more financially by running his contract down. Fact. 

10 hours ago, Haiku said:

How? By giving him 3000 out of 3400 minutes of premier league football during the season followed by offering him a solid contract and urging him to sign as soon as possible? 

Mate, you're wasting your time- any excuse to have a dig at Koeman .

poor Ross- treated so badly by playing almost every game last season and offered a new 3 figure a month contract. Yep treated really shitty wasn't he.

6 hours ago, rubecula said:

how do we know Ross has not requested a move?  Because  it has not appeared on tv or in the papers?  no idea how this can be called a fact.

He's told the club he wont sign a contract as he wants a new challenge. If that's not asking for a move I don't know what is.

1 hour ago, Paddock said:

He's told the club he wont sign a contract as he wants a new challenge. If that's not asking for a move I don't know what is.

Pad, that is what I am saying.  Who said he told the club the he will not sign.  That is all I want to know.  Where is the public info coming from.  Barkley has not said this in public, Koeman as far as I can recall has not said this in public.  Simple enough question,  do you know the source of these "facts", everyone is quoting.

I have been guilty of it myself, so I am not having a dig at anyone,  I justwant to know who, when, where these snippets came into the public domain  we all played Chinese whispers as kids.

38 minutes ago, rubecula said:

Pad, that is what I am saying.  Who said he told the club the he will not sign.  That is all I want to know.  Where is the public info coming from.  Barkley has not said this in public, Koeman as far as I can recall has not said this in public.  Simple enough question,  do you know the source of these "facts", everyone is quoting.

I have been guilty of it myself, so I am not having a dig at anyone,  I justwant to know who, when, where these snippets came into the public domain  we all played Chinese whispers as kids.

Rubes- if he was going to sign he would have done it- Koeman has said in an interview he has been offered a new contract and he has said he wont sign it and wants a new challenge- how much more clear do you need it to be. It's not Chinese whispers it's fact.

7 hours ago, Paddock said:

Rubes- if he was going to sign he would have done it- Koeman has said in an interview he has been offered a new contract and he has said he wont sign it and wants a new challenge- how much more clear do you need it to be. It's not Chinese whispers it's fact.

The fact is that someone said he said it mate to be fair. And I think that is where people are questioning the whole situation. 

Its all one sided so far. Moshiri didn't intentionally lie, but for a guy with his experience, that was naive. We also have heard Koeman saying he said she said. But we still don't know any facts about the other side... other than for some reason he won't sign.

3 hours ago, Aidan Lewis said:

Maybe he just doesn't like Koeman. I don't think Mirallas does either. 

RK needs to be careful. There is a fine line between being an assertive leader and being an arsehole.

one of the reasons I don't like Koeman.  And one of the reasons that I don't really rate him that highly.  Yes I know I am in the minority before anyone says anything,  but it is my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, rubecula said:

one of the reasons I don't like Koeman.  And one of the reasons that I don't really rate him that highly.  Yes I know I am in the minority before anyone says anything,  but it is my opinion. 

Problem is Rubes that your opinion counts for nothing, nobody takes any notice of you; not even your wife (though she never told me that last Thursday, honest, I was in Budapest:unsure:).

6 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Problem is Rubes that your opinion counts for nothing, nobody takes any notice of you; not even your wife (though she never told me that last Thursday, honest, I was in Budapest:unsure:).

you leave my wife out of this... jaysus she is a red ffs,  what does she know about anything.  The last time she made a good decision was to allow the tide to come in by leaving the beach. :shakingfist:

This contract means everything for me. It is my dream to play for Everton. This is the club I love and I see it as home. I realise the importance of signing because I remember how I felt when Wayne left. He was one of the best players in the team and we thought we could push on with him at Everton. When he left we were all down as Evertonians. I just wanted to sign and hopefully we can push Everton on together.

Three years later... 

Fuck that. I'm going for the money.