IGNORED

Ross Barkley

so you see no other alternative? Fine! I see other possibilities. Simple as that. And who's saying they shit themselves?! It's very clever IF its what happened.

I also see other possibilities Matt, always. In many situations. I always think of other angles etc.

Except when the obvious is slapping you in the bloody face!!! Haha.

Anyway, leave it at that.

What are the chances of us hearing anything from Barkley? Him and his reps have said nothing at any time...probably sound advice but frustrating for us.

I also see other possibilities Matt, always. In many situations. I always think of other angles etc.

Except when the obvious is slapping you in the bloody face!!! Haha.

Anyway, leave it at that.

What are the chances of us hearing anything from Barkley? Him and his reps have said nothing at any time...probably sound advice but frustrating for us.

not obvious to me, only got part of the story ;)

Anyway, like I said, StevO has explained better. Happy to leave it at that :)

not obvious to me, only got part of the story ;)

Anyway, like I said, StevO has explained better. Happy to leave it at that :)

In all honesty I hope you lot who cling to him wanting to stay are dead right. It is a lot more palatable.

Should hear from him soon if that's the case, mind.....

In all honesty I hope you lot who cling to him wanting to stay are dead right. It is a lot more palatable.

Should hear from him soon if that's the case, mind.....

hes not said anything this whole time, I don't see that changing

Sleep well, 1am for me here. Fooking knackered!

We always have to have something bizarre happen to us during a transfer window, and this one is right up there!

up? I think down there sounds better as in down the pan or down in the gutter. bet we get the blame for this from less knowledgeable fans. No it doesn;t bother me much, but my own family will give me hassle now.

Still Koemans fault ?

He certainly didn't cover himself in glory during this debacle. Hopefully he has learned there is nothing to gain by telling the media you want a player sold; it only weakens your bargaining position.

Spurs have more congestion in their CAM role than we do and I doubt they will offer him significantly higher wages than we were. All this to get a signing on bonus and sit on spurs bench for 6 months before a World Cup?

I might be in the minoroty now; but I'd love him to sign a new deal now. And not for financial reasons, still thinks there's a fantastic footballer in there who can play a big role in the Everton revolution.

I was fooled into thinking new ownership would change things. You're right I'm an idiot for following that line of thinking. New Everton same as the old Everton.

I think we're all a bit disappointed tonight. Moshiri has made things happen - new signings, progress on the stadium, etc... You can't turn a midtable side into a surefire top four club overnight. When have we ever signed 9 players in a transfer window?

I think we're all a bit disappointed tonight. Moshiri has made things happen - new signings, progress on the stadium, etc... You can't turn a midtable side into a surefire top four club overnight. When have we ever signed 9 players in a transfer window?

don't get me wrong, i'm very happy with the window. quality players and young players of value for the future. i think we can make a run at one of the cups and hope for another 7th place finish in the league.

the ross barkley saga is the only thing that's irking me right now. mostly due to ross, not as much koeman or moshiri. i give them the benefit of the doubt since ross is in hiding and won't speak to the press or fans.

I really think its about time Barkley came out and spoke to the press. He chose to stay quiet when the contract stand off was going on which was his choice and we all drew our own conclusions as to why he wanted to leave.

After this debacle, we could all do with knowing the truth. Surely he must be getting some stick when he's out and about? Just come out and give us your reasons as to whats happened and we can all move on. My guess is Koeman doesn't fancy him and was always going to bring in the likes of Rooney and Sigurdsson to "compete" with him, but more than likely replace him. We all need big squads hence the new contract. on the table for him

I agree with Koeman. Barkley has produced very sporadically (3 or 4 games a season for me) and Koeman let him be known that he was going to bring in players to compete for his position and Barkley may have spat his dummy out. Anyhow, it's all speculation and Ross could end it all with one interview..............

We brought in Pickford, Keene, and Klaassen. We brought Rooney home. We stuck to our guns and won Sigurdsson from Swansea. We now have some backups, including Martina. We brought in several talented youngsters, including another one today. While the pressure is now on them, we have extraordinary talent in Sandro and Calvert-Lewin. Other youngsters, including Davies and Holgate, are becoming regulars. I'd say we're doing pretty darned well. Barkley could be icing on the cake, but only if we don't conclude he's the devil incarnate and cuss him out every time he shows his face. If the lad wants to be at Everton and says as much, and if he can make a difference on the team, then it will be like having another top new player.

At this point, after a busy and impressive window with so many new and expensive players, the pressure is really on the manager to perform.

Someone defend him now, dare you.

Ok.

I wanted him to stay, he has.

He still hasn't once said anything derogatory about the club, actually nothing at all.

If ur stays and fights for his place like MC said then he has my backing.

If it turns out to be he is waiting for the right club to join, then fair enough.

Edit: did I win the dare?

Edited by Shukes

The lad isn't clever enough to play silly games and for me he still looks like a little boy who is lost in all the madness of the modern game.

Plenty on here have implied he's doing it to screw us over - I'm not sure.

It's an odd eries of events and he could actually end up signing a contract for us.

If he ends up going for fuck all next summer then I will be livid but we don't know what is what yet.

I don't think he wants to leave us.

Sign for spurs for mega bucks? Haha... no one on here clearly understands how they operate. Cheap small time bastards who will lose their best players because they are tight. Ross will have got more out of Chelsea in the overall package.

The lad isn't clever enough to play silly games and for me he still looks like a little boy who is lost in all the madness of the modern game.

Plenty on here have implied he's doing it to screw us over - I'm not sure.

Lost in the modern game? The lad has a millionaire agent by his side to "guide" him, the lad isn't lost at all

Lost in the modern game? The lad has a millionaire agent by his side to "guide" him, the lad isn't lost at all

It's still Ross that signs the contract. Maybe his agent was guiding down a path he didn't want to go down?

Either way, as someone said above, I think Ross needs to come out and say something.

No fookin way did he pull out of the Chelsea medical on the say so of his agent. He had already agreed terms.

Why is that not plausible though it happens all the time players pulling out of agreed deals at the last minute we've been burnt ourselves with it

We see greed all the time in the game and little old Ross won't be adverse to it

My bet is Levy and co were playing the game they usually do they got wind the Chelsea deal was on cards spoke to his agent and here we are now

Do you really think his agent wouldn't want him to go elsewhere when both would get far more bang for buck if he walks on a free

I'm really not for all the poor Ross malarkey when we've been given no substance to support it but quite the opposite from Koeman etc

It's still Ross that signs the contract. Maybe his agent was guiding down a path he didn't want to go down?

Either way, as someone said above, I think Ross needs to come out and say something.

I'm hoping the first part is right I really am, I've said before I'd love the lad to bite the bullet and crack on but I just can't see it mate