IGNORED

Ross Barkley

4 hours ago, yamar said:

Ross should not able to demand anything. He has not progressed into the player we all thought he would.

If we started playing free flowing passing again he will not be wanted. Spends farrrrr too much time fucking dilly dallying on the ball acting the fucking clown with the player in front of him.

Alot have already forgotton. I still remember.

He didn’t become the player we thought he would, but apart from Wayne who has? 

We could all list loads of players who didn’t reach their potential. 

What Ross has become is a very very good player, and different from anything else we have. He is also good enough for Chelsea to throw that offer in during the summer. 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

He didn’t become the player we thought he would, but apart from Wayne who has? 

We could all list loads of players who didn’t reach their potential. 

What Ross has become is a very very good player, and different from anything else we have. He is also good enough for Chelsea to throw that offer in during the summer. 

Chelsea went for Ox first though. Both attempts were strange for them as they have more than enough of that type of player.

Not too long til his expected return date now, so it will be interesting if Ross says anything publicly before then.

9 hours ago, Bailey said:

And it's not as if we are a team going places at the moment. If we had a chance of top 4, it would be an even bigger pull but we are very unlikely to get to the EL let alone CL.

And this is why I think he has pondered a move for a couple of years.

Like any player, he wants to be at the top level. We finished 11th for 2 years, and he didn't seem keen on a new contract (depending on what you read and how you read it).

My argument recently has been more against this thing of Koeman being the sole reason for him wanting to go. He may have contributed in more recent times but I think Barkley was already looking at other options.

And I'm pretty sure Spurs is that other option.

I think memory’s are short. People seem to forget why we criticised him. It wasn’t because he was shit or even average, it was because he was a good player but we knew he had the potential to be an excellent player. Ross Barkley is still touted as being a top premiership player by other top teams.... there is a reason for that.

it may be too late for him here, bridges may be burnt, I just don’t know.

but there is a player in there, and someone is going to benefit from it. I hope it’s us.

1 hour ago, nogs said:

Forgotten what? He was one of our best players second half of last season? 

Barkley gets it in the neck for not being Lionel Messi. The weight of expectation on him has always been ridiculous, from club, fans, media. If he wants to go, fine, he'll go, but people at the club, fans and employees, have to ask why we couldn't keep such a highly promising talent happy. His best years are ahead of him and some on here talk like he's a waste of space. You're wrong, and maybe if you learnt to get behind our own instead of jumping all over them for every mistake, we might be closer to the club we all want Everton to be. 

It’s nothing to do with jumping all over him- it’s being realistic as to where he is as a footballer. He’s not world class nor will he ever be, he’s not reached the potential we all thought he would and spends games jogging around and not tracking back, his decision making is poor and he’s a bit of a headless chicken.

On the flip side, he’s got beautiful feet, can score a goal out of nothing and when he plays well he’s a joy to watch. Just because he’s a local lad doesn’t mean he’s immune to criticism or can have a lazy game- every other player gets roasted if they do it why shouldn’t he?

our fans get behind our players and if they are not performing they get criticised and rightly so, I hear more support for Barkley than any other player we have, his song is sung more than any other player so he’s not jumped all over any more than any other player. 

9 minutes ago, Paddock said:

It’s nothing to do with jumping all over him- it’s being realistic as to where he is as a footballer. He’s not world class nor will he ever be, he’s not reached the potential we all thought he would and spends games jogging around and not tracking back, his decision making is poor and he’s a bit of a headless chicken.

On the flip side, he’s got beautiful feet, can score a goal out of nothing and when he plays well he’s a joy to watch. Just because he’s a local lad doesn’t mean he’s immune to criticism or can have a lazy game- every other player gets roasted if they do it why shouldn’t he?

our fans get behind our players and if they are not performing they get criticised and rightly so, I hear more support for Barkley than any other player we have, his song is sung more than any other player so he’s not jumped all over any more than any other player. 

I just don't agree with you. A section of our fans are happy to rip Barkley to shreds for the faults you highlight, but never give him credit for the good things he brings to the team. It's not about being immune to criticism, it's about being fair. You talk about decision making, well at least Barkley is prepared to try something different, like play an incisive through ball. You think De Bruyne was born able to play those worldie passes he seems to be playing every week? No, they're high risk, defenders see them and cut them out, meaning you lose possession. But they also lead to goals. De Bruyne has been encouraged to develop that side of his game, and this season looks world class. Barkley gets screamed at for being shit when a pass gets intercepted. But take him out the team and we've seen the results this season - insipid, directionless sideways football that poses no threat at all. 

I think your phrase 'he's reached the potential we expected him to'  speaks volumes, as in 'we expected him not to live up the hype'. I still think he's the best player we've produced since Rooney and I'd like him to fulfil his potential with us, I still think he has loads more to offer. 

29 minutes ago, nogs said:

I just don't agree with you. A section of our fans are happy to rip Barkley to shreds for the faults you highlight, but never give him credit for the good things he brings to the team. It's not about being immune to criticism, it's about being fair. You talk about decision making, well at least Barkley is prepared to try something different, like play an incisive through ball. You think De Bruyne was born able to play those worldie passes he seems to be playing every week? No, they're high risk, defenders see them and cut them out, meaning you lose possession. But they also lead to goals. De Bruyne has been encouraged to develop that side of his game, and this season looks world class. Barkley gets screamed at for being shit when a pass gets intercepted. But take him out the team and we've seen the results this season - insipid, directionless sideways football that poses no threat at all. 

I think your phrase 'he's reached the potential we expected him to'  speaks volumes, as in 'we expected him not to live up the hype'. I still think he's the best player we've produced since Rooney and I'd like him to fulfil his potential with us, I still think he has loads more to offer. 

That’s fine Nogs, I don’t expect you to agree with me, we’re all allowed an opinion but where ai sit, Barkley gets nothing but encouragement, if he’s having a bad game he’ll get the usual groans and grunts but so does every player. The odd away games I go to the Barkley song is sung constantly, no other player gets a song like that- you only have to look at the concourse videos on YouTube to see how much support he has from the fanbase. Persnally I think the shouts of the grief he gets at the game are a myth- yes you’ll get pockets of gobshites expecting him to be Messi every minute of every game, but there was the Lukaku haters, Mirallas haters, Howard haters and so on but because Barkley is one of us he gets immunity from some sections.

Fact is NO player should get abuse from our fans, they should all be supported 110% when in the pitch but equally, none should be above critisism and the harsh fact is Barkley isn’t as good as we all hoped he would be so some use the excuse of him getting grief to excuse his bad performances when in fact it’s just Ross playing badly.

I have been to Goodison and experienced the grief he gets first hand on many occasions. TV stations must be in some kind of conspiracy as they often highlight it.

you are lucky where you sit Pad as you do t experience it. But air in the lower or upper Bullens and you will see for yourself.

its no myth, it’s very real.

1 hour ago, Shukes said:

I have been to Goodison and experienced the grief he gets first hand on many occasions. TV stations must be in some kind of conspiracy as they often highlight it.

you are lucky where you sit Pad as you do t experience it. But air in the lower or upper Bullens and you will see for yourself.

its no myth, it’s very real.

It's been my experience too, whenever I've been lucky enough to visit

When I have been there it has been mixed, cheers when he starts running with the ball and collevtive groans if he runs up a dead end. I have challenged a few people about it.

I think its because expectations are higher for him as he is so talented and a Everton fan we want him to succeed. Also that there a few morons who love taking out their personal failures and limitations out on him. 

Does anyone else agree that most of Barkleys criticism was fuelled by Koeman's criticism of him early last season, it was like if Koeman said it it must be true.

I believe if he felt he had the backing from the supporters, and now Koeman's gone Unsworth could get him to stay.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

Does anyone else agree that most of Barkleys criticism was fuelled by Koeman's criticism of him early last season, it was like if Koeman said it it must be true.

I believe if he felt he had the backing from the supporters, and now Koeman's gone Unsworth could get him to stay.

I hope my right honorable friend is correct (sorry I was just watching PMQs hence the wording).

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

No. Because most of the criticism existed before Koeman arrived. May have added a bit of fuel to it though.

17 hours ago, Paddock said:

That’s fine Nogs, I don’t expect you to agree with me, we’re all allowed an opinion but where ai sit, Barkley gets nothing but encouragement, if he’s having a bad game he’ll get the usual groans and grunts but so does every player. The odd away games I go to the Barkley song is sung constantly, no other player gets a song like that- you only have to look at the concourse videos on YouTube to see how much support he has from the fanbase. Persnally I think the shouts of the grief he gets at the game are a myth- yes you’ll get pockets of gobshites expecting him to be Messi every minute of every game, but there was the Lukaku haters, Mirallas haters, Howard haters and so on but because Barkley is one of us he gets immunity from some sections.

Fact is NO player should get abuse from our fans, they should all be supported 110% when in the pitch but equally, none should be above critisism and the harsh fact is Barkley isn’t as good as we all hoped he would be so some use the excuse of him getting grief to excuse his bad performances when in fact it’s just Ross playing badly.

I do agree with you about every player getting the fans support, and I do agree that poor performances shouldn't be brushed aside. I criticised Barkley plenty first half of last season because he was playing poorly. What I don't like though is the way, at 23, he has all but been written off by some people, will never reach his potential etc. And yes, at the game, on the forums, I've heard and read that spill over into abuse, which I know you're not condoning by the way. 

My stance on him is simple - we're a better team with him than without him. 

I only went a few games last season and Barkley never got any groans he didn't deserve, almost like he got special treatment as the fans know he's a big girls blouse. 

Mori was the whipping boy, and Williams, Barry, Davies, Mirallas and Lukaku got more the an they should. Baines and Jags seem to be exempt from the booh boys, Coleman and Gana as well. Although the latter is starting to get the odd (fully justified) shout. 

This season Cuco, Williams, Schneiderlin, Klassen, and Rooney get the abuse. 

8 hours ago, nogs said:

I do agree with you about every player getting the fans support, and I do agree that poor performances shouldn't be brushed aside. I criticised Barkley plenty first half of last season because he was playing poorly. What I don't like though is the way, at 23, he has all but been written off by some people, will never reach his potential etc. And yes, at the game, on the forums, I've heard and read that spill over into abuse, which I know you're not condoning by the way. 

My stance on him is simple - we're a better team with him than without him. 

The last bit of this is literally all that matters. Let's hope Unsworth can instill a bit of Evertonian pride.

7 minutes ago, Shukes said:

That’s not u usual really. He has never been one to blab and I would be disappointed if he started now.

not from him, the club shukes.  they had articles on him every other week practically, golden boy.  been radio silence for months now.  club won't even interview him or get one byline in an article.  strange.  you'd have thought he'd have something to save on unsy, like when they asked the other guys.

I heard more the other night on Barkley than I have in months. Unsy made it quite clear his stance.

i wonder if Ross is also looking to see who comes in or if Unsworth gets the job before making his own decision?

i do hope that it gets sorted one way or the other very soon. Ross needs to decide if he wants to stay or go so we can all move on.

2 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I heard more the other night on Barkley than I have in months. Unsy made it quite clear his stance.

i wonder if Ross is also looking to see who comes in or if Unsworth gets the job before making his own decision?

i do hope that it gets sorted one way or the other very soon. Ross needs to decide if he wants to stay or go so we can all move on.

i mean from the team website, team magazine, etc.  i was expecting a big "Barkley back to fitness" article talking about how he's excited, how he recovered, what color shoelaces he likes, etc

instead its mums the word.  i think he's off and they don't want to lead the fans on.