IGNORED

Adam Johnson

Never been a top striker in world football. Huge prospect at Arsenal had all the ability and could well of been one of the best in the world however due to his attitude never really achieved anything in his career.

You're rewriting history. He scored 100+ PL goals and 200+ career goals, was the PL's top goal scorer in 08-09, won the Premier League twice, the FA Cup three times, the Turkish league once, the Champions League once and a European Championship once (even though he didn't feature in the Final).

You're rewriting history. He scored 100+ PL goals and 200+ career goals, was the PL's top goal scorer in 08-09, won the Premier League twice, the FA Cup three times, the Turkish league once, the Champions League once and a European Championship once (even though he didn't feature in the Final).

Yeah, but apart from that :P.

Guest blueboy122

And it what sides was he an integral part of the team? Arsenal that's it? You could look at Phil Neville's honours and think wow what a player. But in truth they don't paint the true picture of a player. Darren Bent and Emile Heskey are 2 other players who have scored more than 100 PL goals there just off the top of my head and there no greats in world football.

Never been a top striker in world football. Huge prospect at Arsenal had all the ability and could well of been one of the best in the world however due to his attitude never really achieved anything in his career.

Never really achieved anything in his career? That comment is so far off base.

You don't play for Arsenal, Real Madrid and Chelsea all combined if you aren't a top striker. He's been a bit of a journeyman but that's not based on ability it's attitude. He was a top class player

Guest blueboy122

You don't play for Arsenal, Real Madrid and Chelsea all combined if you aren't a top striker. He's been a bit of a journeyman but that's not based on ability it's attitude. He was a top class player

Yes he was a top class player at Arsenal and a good player everywhere else.

Guest blueboy122

Hate that argument "played for these teams so he must be world class"

That argument is non relevant and also boring could list a thousand and one rubbish players that have played at top clubs.

Total non starter.

That argument is non relevant and also boring could list a thousand and one rubbish players that have played at top clubs.

Total non starter.

If he'd played for one top club I would agree with you. But he's played consistently at 3 big clubs Chelsea, Arsenal &Madrid. Also played for Juventus (albeit twice), Fenerbache & PSG.

He's been a big name in world football for a long time.

Guest blueboy122

If he'd played for one top club I would agree with you. But he's played consistently at 3 big clubs Chelsea, Arsenal &Madrid. Also played for Juventus (albeit twice), Fenerbache & PSG.

He's been a big name in world football for a long time.

Spot on he's a big name in world football for all the wrong reason "le sulk". Big name because he had huge potential but never got anywhere near filling it.

Played consistently? He had two years at Arsenal (where he looked fantastic), Real played about 20 games, Chelsea played there for four years at the end of his playing career scoring 38 in 125 games not world class and never has been. Played about 40 times for PSG and they were never the club they are now when he played for them.

Had the potential to be a world class talent and is famous for being le sulk and a bit of a failure I suppose.

Anyway....

Back on topic, not to bothered about AJ could take him or leave him but if was available for a cut price fee I would like to think we would be interested especially now with the injury to Bryan.

Spot on he's a big name in world football for all the wrong reason "le sulk". Big name because he had huge potential but never got anywhere near filling it.

Played consistently? He had two years at Arsenal (where he looked fantastic), Real played about 20 games, Chelsea played there for four years at the end of his playing career scoring 38 in 125 games not world class and never has been. Played about 40 times for PSG and they were never the club they are now when he played for them.

Had the potential to be a world class talent and is famous for being le sulk and a bit of a failure I suppose.

Anyway....

Back on topic, not to bothered about AJ could take him or leave him but if was available for a cut price fee I would like to think we would be interested especially now with the injury to Bryan.

We all see it differently.

Personally I would have loved Anelka here when he was in his prime. I personally think the majority of clubs around Europe would have had Anelka.

Good thing you said striker and not player, otherwise Lassana Diarra would have broke the theory.

• 2 weeks later...

Total non starter.

I hate that argument too - Le Tissier for example was a class player and could have did better than Soton at the time. Gabriel Heinze on the other hand played for RM and Man United and almost Liverpool...decent but not great player, and lots of poor players have played at those clubs.

As for Anelka, I thought he was brilliant at Arsenal, but he never fulfilled his promise and was simply a very good player after that, never one of the best in the world. Could probably have gone close to being as good as Henry if he didn't act like such an egomaniac.

On Johnson, it's a strange situation - I thought he looked great for City quite often and was a great dribbler (in the twisting and turning and dropping shoulder sense, not the kick and run sense). He would often get past his full-back, and get to the by-line with the opportunity of a cut-back to an unmarked player. However, City fans saw it differently and many of them swore he was a highlights player.

What I certainly believe is that - like what happened to Anelka, albeit is on a lower level of talent - his attitude is stifling his potential and he's too good to be playing for a team in the bottom half. I think he could do a job at Everton easily. I reckon he's better than McGeady (just being honest).

Edited by Nikica

• 3 months later...

Loan with a view to permanent would be very good deal. Feel he could really add something to our team and would become a much better performer in our team with the way we play.

He is unplayable on the odd game, feel Martinez magic could make that happen more and more.

Loved him at city and couldn't understand why he wasn't playing. Apparently he is a piss can. He is only 26 and all the ability in the world. His wages would be high I imagine but as a loan he could have something to prove