IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

They had thrown it away long before then in terms of chances against. He needed more players in midfield because Arsenal were all over them. West Ham created nothing before the sub and after it they had some good opportunities on the break to kill the game off but didn't take them.

Arsenal targeted Cresswell.... We've seen Moyes fluff his lines watching a full back get targeted when leading. Fa cup final. 

15 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Arsenal targeted Cresswell.... We've seen Moyes fluff his lines watching a full back get targeted when leading. Fa cup final. 

They didn't targeted Cresswell particularly, it was more that the space was just being created down both flanks side because of their constant overloads between the lines with the third man runs coming from the full backs. The big moments came from Chambers down the right, but Tierney was heavily involved down the left as well.

Moyes had to shore up the centre of midfield, which you could argue took longer than it should have, but it was a necessary move IMO. Arsenal played some really good stuff in that game though, reminiscent of Man City in many ways. I would love to say it was a Moyes bottle-job but that would be wrong in my opinion (on this occasion).

As if we needed any more proof that we're living in the upside-down this season, Fat Sam's dull-as-a-doornail West Brom are up 4-1 against Tuchel's stingy Chelsea. To be fair, they're down to 10 men, but still. Never would've expected that defense to ship 4 goals against West fucking Brom

And just like that it's 4-2. Watch it finish 5-4 Chelsea

2 hours ago, dunlopp9987 said:

As if we needed any more proof that we're living in the upside-down this season, Fat Sam's dull-as-a-doornail West Brom are up 4-1 against Tuchel's stingy Chelsea. To be fair, they're down to 10 men, but still. Never would've expected that defense to ship 4 goals against West fucking Brom

And just like that it's 4-2. Watch it finish 5-4 Chelsea

Except West Brom haven't been dull as a doornail at all. They're actually a decent attacking side.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Just saw that Dortmund disallowed goal from yesterday, absolute joke. Ref plainly couldn't see it properly so should've let the lad tap the ball in and then go to VAR, but because he blew the whistle VAR couldn't be used.

That ref had a bit of a mare in the first half. Besides that egregious error, he called a penalty on Can (and booked him) for taking down Rodri in the box. VAR overturned the pen, yet Can's yellow wasn't rescinded. Made no sense to me. 

Ref just looked out of his league to be honest

Don’t know where (which thread) to ask this bit of trivia, but the phrase came up in reference to the W Ham-Leicester match, now at the half.  On the Guardian website, just after W Ham’s second goal, the comment reads: “Leicester will be as concerned as Mr Kipling makes good cakes.”

I know about Mr Kipling cakes, but I still don’t understand the comment.  Help.

5 minutes ago, Elston Gunnn said:

Don’t know where (which thread) to ask this bit of trivia, but the phrase came up in reference to the W Ham-Leicester match, now at the half.  On the Guardian website, just after W Ham’s second goal, the comment reads: “Leicester will be as concerned as Mr Kipling makes good cakes.”

I know about Mr Kipling cakes, but I still don’t understand the comment.  Help.

I have absolutely zero idea. 

But I just have to say, I've been shouting on here for weeks that West Ham will be fighting for a top-4 finish up until the final day, and everyone seems to think differently. After today, they have games against Chelsea and ourselves, and the remainders are against Newcastle (17th), Burnley (15th), Brighton (16th), West Brom (19th) and Soton (14th). 

West Ham will finish in the top 4.

Anyone see that disallowed goal for Utd?

McTominay is deemed to have fouled Son in the build up to the Utd goal. Personally I think it was very harsh. Son clearly tries to pull McTominay back and McTominay tries to fend him off and accidentally catches him in the face. 

There have also been two other decisions involving accidental hands/arms to the face that weren't given as fouls. 

Just to add salt to the wound, Son has just scored.

The game has gone mad.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

McTominay is deemed to have fouled Son in the build up to the Utd goal. Personally I think it was very harsh. Son clearly tries to pull McTominay back and McTominay tries to fend him off and accidentally catches him in the face. 

There have also been two other decisions involving accidental hands/arms to the face that weren't given as fouls. 

The game has gone mad.

United will get red cards... Cavani looks pissed off ole looks livid. 

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

United imo are playing the best football in the league at the moment, fair play to Ole what a pressure of a job to have. 

He’s doing a good job but, with the depth and quality of squad, he should be. They SHOULD win the Europa and finish 2nd this season.

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

The game has gone mad.

I hate this about football. Worst part is that the players get rewarded for it with the goal being disallowed 

19 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

West ham lost to Newcastle.  Moyes doing a bottle job like I said he would.  

One loss and it's a bottle job 😂 Before today, wanna know who their losses have been to? United (2), City, Liverpool (2), Chelsea, and then Arsenal and Newcastle the first two games of the season. Basically, they beat or draw the teams they're supposed to. 

And as I pointed out on the last page, their remaining games are Chelsea, Burnley, Everton, Brighton, West Brom, Soton. Sure, they might fold under the pressure and finish outside the top 4, but if their form against lower opposition holds, they'll be there at the end. 

And honestly, even if they finish top 6, that's a hell of an achievement. Better than where we're going to end up

10 minutes ago, dunlopp9987 said:

One loss and it's a bottle job 😂 Before today, wanna know who their losses have been to? United (2), City, Liverpool (2), Chelsea, and then Arsenal and Newcastle the first two games of the season. Basically, they beat or draw the teams they're supposed to. 

And as I pointed out on the last page, their remaining games are Chelsea, Burnley, Everton, Brighton, West Brom, Soton. Sure, they might fold under the pressure and finish outside the top 4, but if their form against lower opposition holds, they'll be there at the end. 

And honestly, even if they finish top 6, that's a hell of an achievement. Better than where we're going to end up

West Ham should be in the bottom half, Moyes has done a fantastic job turning them around and putting them in a place to qualify for Europe. I expect that they may fall out of the Champions League places with Chelsea and Liverpool finding form (both only a couple of points behind) but they'll probably secure a top six finish and Europa League.

Their signing of Jesse Lingard couldn't have gone any better, he's been phenomenal.