IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I think Leicester will lose one and I think that will be all it takes for them to bottle it.

I still think they will win it, but I can see that happening. I just think at the moment their defence is good enough that 0-0 draws will be their worst result/s in the run in, have a few of those and few wins should be enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Just been watching the Villa v Chelsea game, what a poor side Villa are, unbeleivably bad at home. In fact that was there 7th home defeat this season, no wonder they have sacked 2 managers!

In fact it was their tenth, along with twelve away and they have a -40 gd.

Any attempt (however tongue in cheek) to compare their situation to ours is just daft.

In fact it was their tenth, along with twelve away and they have a -40 gd.

Any attempt (however tongue in cheek) to compare their situation to ours is just daft.

Why is it daft ?

Even after I have been corrected, I would say 10 home defeats is very comparable to our 8 and it still highlights just how incredibly poor our home record is

Why is it daft ?

Even after I have been corrected, I would say 10 home defeats is very comparable to our 8 and it still highlights just how incredibly poor our home record is

They've lost twenty-two games and we've lost nine, we've scored twenty-nine goals more than them and conceded twenty-one less.

Slight differences.

You can't judge a season/manager on home form alone, half of our games are away (I don't need to tell you that because you go to them :)). So I think your (flawed) attempt at irony is/was daft. Sue me ;).

Just scored, he's still the worse player on the pitch. Awful defending.

Yeah he is... keep talking Pete. Top quality - you will be getting your own vault thread soon.

You see. I've always said he's boringly effective. Not natural, all taught and hard work. Thing is with players like that- they don't give up, a pain in the Arse. Keegan was the same. They dont hide, they want the ball.

brilliant control, turn and finish.

I tried to get on a betting site as soon as you posted before but had to bath the baby. Cost me a few bob!

Far too easy, nothing technical and hits it. He really doesn't have a convincing strike on him, if Spurs win the league I'd say he's the luckiest player in the world all thanks should go to that midfield behind him. I'd expect every Sunday league player to be able to score that goal.

Yeah he is... keep talking Pete. Top quality - you will be getting your own vault thread soon.

You see. I've always said he's boringly effective. Not natural, all taught and hard work. Thing is with players like that- they don't give up, a pain in the Arse. Keegan was the same. They dont hide, they want the ball.

He's got no natural ability. Beckham was a shining example of where hard work can get yer, but he had class to build on. Kane is living the dream .

Far too easy, nothing technical and hits it. He really doesn't have a convincing strike on him, if Spurs win the league I'd say he's the luckiest player in the world all thanks should go to that midfield behind him. I'd expect every Sunday league player to be able to score that goal.

im thinking the complete opposite!

im thinking the complete opposite!

You see them goals at 5 a side every week. Liverpool were caught out by Eriksen, and didn't close Kane down. He's just turned and shot. He's not had a proper look either, just got lucky it went in and no one closed him down. I'd be pissed if we conceded that goal.

They've lost twenty-two games and we've lost nine, we've scored twenty-nine goals more than them and conceded twenty-one less.

Slight differences.

You can't judge a season/manager on home form alone, half of our games are away (I don't need to tell you that because you go to them :)). So I think your (flawed) attempt at irony is/was daft. Sue me ;).

My point was how appalling our home form was, we obviously haven't had as bad a season as Villa overall or we would have been relegated with them

My point was how appalling our home form was, we obviously haven't had as bad a season as Villa overall or we would have been relegated with them

But that's not what you said, you suggested that as our home form was as bad as Villa's (which it hasn't been) the manager should have been sacked.

I got the point, I just pointed out the factual content was wrong and the larger picture told a completely different story.

You see them goals at 5 a side every week. Liverpool were caught out by Eriksen, and didn't close Kane down. He's just turned and shot. He's not had a proper look either, just got lucky it went in and no one closed him down. I'd be pissed if we conceded that goal.

Is it jagielka you don't rate either Pete?

You see, if I was someone like James vaughan, franny Jeffers, or many other players who had more natural ability than kane despite doing naff all with their career I would hate Harry Kane for being a player of average talent who actually became very very good due to hard work and application. Nothing to do with ball control or any fundamental stuff like that. We are talking what to do and when.

His goal tonight wasn't fluent or instinctive.... it was that of a player who has trained himself to be the best he can. Be happy for him. He isn't robbie fowler buy he will have a better international record.

Edited by Hafnia

I think Ronaldo is better than Messi as well.

Well in which case you should appreciate kane. Edited above. Ronaldo has 60% of messis natural talent but 200% his application and is a better athlete who got the most from himself.

For me messi is a better player but if I was to sign a player for the prem it would be Suarez, ronaldo and messi in that order.

Kane is the biggest anomaly I can think of in football right now. You watch him absolutely fluff four chances and you're sat there thinking "this lad is shit, how has he got so many goals?", and then 5 minutes later he pops one in and it's brilliant and then you're thinking "was that the same player?".

He isn't a great finisher but he doesn't let the misses play on his mind, he'll miss four on the bounce but if the ball comes to him a fifth time he'll have a go again. I think that's probably the key with Kane; he just forgets the misses. If he was ever playing in a side that didn't give him plenty of opportunities he'd struggle but as long as he's playing in a side that creates opportunities he'll get goals.

Talking about Ronaldo and Messi, I watched the Barcelona v Real Madrid game last night. The ref gave a free kick every time a player fell over and that, plus the diving, meant there was a free kick every 30 seconds or so. I switched off before half-time and tuned in to the boxing. Its no wonder that the Premiership is the most popular TV viewing around the world.

Kane is the biggest anomaly I can think of in football right now. You watch him absolutely fluff four chances and you're sat there thinking "this lad is shit, how has he got so many goals?", and then 5 minutes later he pops one in and it's brilliant and then you're thinking "was that the same player?".

He isn't a great finisher but he doesn't let the misses play on his mind, he'll miss four on the bounce but if the ball comes to him a fifth time he'll have a go again. I think that's probably the key with Kane; he just forgets the misses. If he was ever playing in a side that didn't give him plenty of opportunities he'd struggle but as long as he's playing in a side that creates opportunities he'll get goals.

Andy Cole was like that. It's an awesome quality. He became a far better finisher later on when he lost his pace so still scored at a good rate.

Wolfsburg beat Real Madrid 2-0, ah to think we twated them last season!!

yeah what a result for them. i'm hoping they can pull off the away draw or victory or 1-0 loss or something and advance, it would be awesome.

PSG and Man City drew in paris, i wonder if Man City will get the home fans behind them and pull off the win at home. Definately plays to their favour now.