IGNORED

Ticket and Transport questions

Etienne Daho

Definitely Brentford, it’s down as a Sunday game atm, the guy who sits next to me lives in Kent and has a 6 hours  trip each way, he doesn’t usually make it to Sunday or midweek games, he’s not sold his ticket on in the last three season, but there must be others in a similar position 

• 3 months later...

Back to Goodison March 12th!!! Probably the last visit to the Old Lady (although i'm going to try for spring 2024) before a return trip the year Bramley Moore opens. 

Love the Brick and Winslow. Curious if anyone else has any stops along the way (we'll be walking from Lime Street station) or if there is enough to look at that a walk over to Bramley Moore is worth it?

Couple of other random questions in case anyone has any knowledge:
Immediately after the game we're taking a cab over to Utd/Spurs - is it impossible to get a cab afterwards? Do you guys have Uber?
Anyone know anyone who has access to Utd tix? They're really f***ing hard to get your hands on. 

On 02/02/2022 at 21:05, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Back to Goodison March 12th!!! Probably the last visit to the Old Lady (although i'm going to try for spring 2024) before a return trip the year Bramley Moore opens. 

Love the Brick and Winslow. Curious if anyone else has any stops along the way (we'll be walking from Lime Street station) or if there is enough to look at that a walk over to Bramley Moore is worth it?

Immediately after the game we're taking a cab over to Utd/Spurs - is it impossible to get a cab afterwards? Do you guys have Uber?
Anyone know anyone who has access to Utd tix? They're really f***ing hard to get your hands on. 

Hope you have a fantastic trip. Not going to be much help (not being local) so no idea on pubs on the road from Lime Street, always drive or get coach to near the ground. Have driven down to have a look at BMD, before any construction started admittedly, and looking at the wall and the gate was a nice thing to do; but I don't think you'll be able to see much beyond that.

Do have Uber yes, so that shouldn't be an issue; no idea on United tickets though.

On 02/02/2022 at 21:05, AlbanyNYToffee said:

I don’t drink at the game as I’m with my lad ( hurry up son and grow up! ) but can say this, there’s many pubs once you leave Lime St and the city centre until you get to County Road, that’s where you will see the blue pubs, personally I love getting the 919 Soccer bus from outside Lime St to the ground it stops just before it, and when you jump off the Park End is in front, it’s even better at night when all lit up. I’d get the bus and give yourself more time to wander round and try a few of the pubs around the ground/County Rd.

My nephew who lives in LA came over a couple, of years ago and managed to tickets for OT, I know he paid a fortune for them via stub hub, they only come up for sale nearer the date of the game. 

The Bramley Moore bit will take you out of your way a bit, it’s a 30 min walk up to Goodison, it can be seen from the Merseyrail line, and other than the cranes there’s not much to see yet.

Have a good trip, where are your seats?

15 hours ago, MikeO said:

Hope you have a fantastic trip. Not going to be much help (not being local) so no idea on pubs on the road from Lime Street, always drive or get coach to near the ground. Have driven down to have a look at BMD, before any construction started admittedly, and looking at the wall and the gate was a nice thing to do; but I don't think you'll be able to see much beyond that.

Do have Uber yes, so that shouldn't be an issue; no idea on United tickets though.

4 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I don’t drink at the game as I’m with my lad ( hurry up son and grow up! ) but can say this, there’s many pubs once you leave Lime St and the city centre until you get to County Road, that’s where you will see the blue pubs, personally I love getting the 919 Soccer bus from outside Lime St to the ground it stops just before it, and when you jump off the Park End is in front, it’s even better at night when all lit up. I’d get the bus and give yourself more time to wander round and try a few of the pubs around the ground/County Rd.

My nephew who lives in LA came over a couple, of years ago and managed to tickets for OT, I know he paid a fortune for them via stub hub, they only come up for sale nearer the date of the game. 

The Bramley Moore bit will take you out of your way a bit, it’s a 30 min walk up to Goodison, it can be seen from the Merseyrail line, and other than the cranes there’s not much to see yet.

Have a good trip, where are your seats?

Thank you both! Traveling with a Newcastle and Utd fan so probably skip Bramley Moore this time around for their sake at least. Good call on the bus, will definitely look into that. And good to know Uber exists. 

Thanks for the well wishes. Waiting for them to go on sale to members on the 14th but definitely hoping for Upper Gwladys, with Lower Gwladys, Park End or Main Stand as backup. Sat in the paddock first time and it was great to be so close to the pitch but now ready for a more traditional 'birds-eye' view. 

1 hour ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Thank you both! Traveling with a Newcastle and Utd fan so probably skip Bramley Moore this time around for their sake at least. Good call on the bus, will definitely look into that. And good to know Uber exists. 

Thanks for the well wishes. Waiting for them to go on sale to members on the 14th but definitely hoping for Upper Gwladys, with Lower Gwladys, Park End or Main Stand as backup. Sat in the paddock first time and it was great to be so close to the pitch but now ready for a more traditional 'birds-eye' view. 

You'd struggle to get Park End, I've not been in there since 1991 (with the away fans), and that was before it was rebuilt. Gwladys you'll be fine, towards the back but never an issue for me.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

You'd struggle to get Park End, I've not been in there since 1991 (with the away fans), and that was before it was rebuilt. Gwladys you'll be fine, towards the back but never an issue for me.

I love it in the upper Gwladys electric atmosphere. 

5 hours ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

ready for a more traditional 'birds-eye' view. 

Top Balcony is best for that, when I was buying tickets by the game it was also the easiest to get tickets, but do not go for one close to the park end, I was right up against the wall at one game and couldn’t see any of the penalty area or pitch after the six yard box, not good value at £56 each !

48 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Top Balcony is best for that, when I was buying tickets by the game it was also the easiest to get tickets, but do not go for one close to the park end, I was right up against the wall at one game and couldn’t see any of the penalty area or pitch after the six yard box, not good value at £56 each !

Only sat up there once (front row), strangely also in 1991, first home game of the season in midweek, beat Arsenal 3-1. Was the year their away shirts looked like someone had vomited on the design😂

Thank you all so much, this is truly helpful. Anyone have any experience with livefootballtickets.com? The clubs make it clear that touts are a big deal so we may be unnecessarily scared to try this site. There are lots of tickets available and it feels similar to Stubhub which we have here in the States and is incredibly reliable. 

35 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Thank you all so much, this is truly helpful. Anyone have any experience with livefootballtickets.com? The clubs make it clear that touts are a big deal so we may be unnecessarily scared to try this site. There are lots of tickets available and it feels similar to Stubhub which we have here in the States and is incredibly reliable. 

A little late on the post but I hope you have a great time!

The view from Top Balcony is stunning, but you need a taste of Gwlady's for the atmosphere at some point before we move. I've only ever sat in those two sections, as well as Park End although I wouldnt reccommend it.

14 minutes ago, Aidan said:

A little late on the post but I hope you have a great time!

The view from Top Balcony is stunning, but you need a taste of Gwlady's for the atmosphere at some point before we move. I've only ever sat in those two sections, as well as Park End although I wouldnt reccommend it.

Why not out of interest? As I said earlier I've not been in the Park end since 1991 but it's always the first stand to sell out, so people obviously like it. Better seating maybe as it's newer build than the rest of the ground or maybe topless waitresses on the concourse? What's the attraction?

4 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Why not out of interest? As I said earlier I've not been in the Park end since 1991 but it's always the first stand to sell out, so people obviously like it. Better seating maybe as it's newer build than the rest of the ground or maybe topless waitresses on the concourse? What's the attraction?

It just seems to be the most "luxurious" stand I suppose, and you can go for a ciggy at half time, or so im told. Whenever I've sat there I've been right next to the grass, when I peref to be higher up, so that probably effected my opinion. Atmosphere is nothing on Gwlady's either - which feels so far away. I'm always looking over wishing I was sat in and amongst it.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

5am wake up here in the States morning after the Super Bowl but got the Upper Gwladys so absolutely worth it. Words will never be able to explain my excitement at seeing this beloved club in the flesh. 24 more days. 

Good stuff, hopefully we'll have climbed the table a bit by then so it's not too stressful, Wolves having a decent season.

17 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

5am wake up here in the States morning after the Super Bowl but got the Upper Gwladys so absolutely worth it. Words will never be able to explain my excitement at seeing this beloved club in the flesh. 24 more days. 

As a fellow U.S.er, I can tell you that it's a magical experience. Went back in Jan 2015 to see us play City, and started tearing up as soon as I saw the pitch. There's a magic and an energy in those grounds that's unmatched.

Hope it's rockin for ya!

34 minutes ago, AlbanyNYToffee said:

Enjoy it mate. I'm almost envious at the feelings you're going to have!

F***ed over by the league again. Moved to Sunday and we'll be in London. I've got 3 tickets if anyone wants them at face value happy to mail them to you and accept paypal/venmo. I've reached out to the club to check on a refund and possible stadium tour instead for Saturday. Guess that means i'll have to come back next year haha.