IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

5 minutes ago, Cornish Steve said:

Today's results worked out very well for us: Leicester dropped two points, Man United dropped two points, and Villa dropped three. United face City this weekend and could drop three more. If Leicester lose one more game and we win our games in hand, we would be in second place.

And this begs the controversial question, with the FA Cup quarter finals coming up. If (and it's a big if) we had to put all our focus and efforts into one and not the other, which would you prefer? To win the FA Cup and finish seventh in the league, or lose the FA Cup quarter final but finish second in the league? (You can argue for both the cup and second place, but, in my opinion, we don't have the squad depth to do that.)

2nd in the league, as we get Champions League.

15 hours ago, Cornish Steve said:

Today's results worked out very well for us: Leicester dropped two points, Man United dropped two points, and Villa dropped three. United face City this weekend and could drop three more. If Leicester lose one more game and we win our games in hand, we would be in second place.

And this begs the controversial question, with the FA Cup quarter finals coming up. If (and it's a big if) we had to put all our focus and efforts into one and not the other, which would you prefer? To win the FA Cup and finish seventh in the league, or lose the FA Cup quarter final but finish second in the league? (You can argue for both the cup and second place, but, in my opinion, we don't have the squad depth to do that.)

This question is asked a number of times but currently we are only two games from Wembley with the toughest game next round. I really can’t see that with our squad if we beat city why we would have to choose? If you ask what you’d rather on a personal opinion I just want to win a trophy. 

On 03/03/2021 at 22:28, Cornish Steve said:

at this moment in time, head says CL based purely on financials and the fact that in 2024 CL qualification rules might change which might benefit team who qualify and do reasonably well over the next few seasons in the CL. 

CL qualification also helps attracted the best players to the club - given we are in a building process with Ancelotti then signing the next best thing young right back and other to the squad this summer could be massive in seasons to come - its a big moment in the clubs history and CL qualification this season could be a catalyst for a more sustained success in the coming years. add CL, to Ancelotti as manager and new stadium under construction - we would be a very attractive club to join this summer. 

14 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I wish he hadn't turned out to be so shit.

Me too, his team was one of the most exciting I’d seen for a long time. Lukaku, Barkley, Gerry, Coleman, Baines, Barry, McCarthy, Stones, such a seriously talented team. Only a couple of players from really challenging at the top for me. Even Howard and Jags had a bit of stability, until Roberto took the stability away. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56350964

“In a scenario discussed today, of the three English clubs currently qualifying for European competition, West Ham or Everton would miss out on the additional Champions League place to Tottenham, due to their superior historical co-efficient, even though they are below them in the Premier League table.”

maybe they should do some fucking research on history the cunts. 

1 hour ago, London Blue said:

Can't wait take my boy.

It was a joy. I got a great photo of Ossie close up when he ran to the corner we were sat in clebrating his goal, when we got home I printed a copy and sent it to the club asking if they'd get him to sign it and got it back within a few days signed "To Josh..." He was over the moon, still has it on his wall.

4 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

You will love it, hairs will rise on your neck as you climb the steps and see the pitch.

I only ever went to one Everton game with my day we battered Chelsea 5-1 in 1970, he was a life long blue but didn’t have time or funds to go regularly. I started taking my son in 2014,  Chelsea batted us 2-6 !

I managed to get our names on the ST waiting list and we got our seats in the Top balcony for the 17-18 season, it’s been a great dad lad bonding, ( apart from some results and the 6 months I want to erase from my memory of 17-18) going to every game, he’s nearly 17 now and wants to go to Salford Uni as it means he can get to home games easily. We feel very lucky to be able to get to the games easily from the Wirral. Can’t wait to be able to get back to there and soak up the atmosphere once again.

Nice story mate, my dad was a Spurs fan so never had the experience with him. Weirdly my first ever top flight game was Chelsea v Liverpool in 1970 (lived in Guildford so London was easy), me and my brother both wore our Guidford City red and white scarves so that was probably the only time I appeared to be supporting Liverpool, but they lost 2-1 and I was quite content! My brother became a "nominal, non visiting" Liverpool fan for many years but after a time when he lost all interest in football I took him to Goodison a few years back and converted him. He's a fan of his local side, Forest Green Rovers now primarily but very keen to visit the Old Lady again, he loved it.