IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

10 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/day-dixie-dean-died-beloved-14352415

I honestly get goosebumps whenever I read about him. Now, he's one of the real legends we have.

I know I have posted this before but is worth a repeat.  Just after the war, my dad took me and my brother to see our great grandfather,  I think it was the only time we ever saw him. I would have been 10 or 11 years  old.  When we told him we supported Everton, he told us that he was invited to the celebration following Everton's  FA Cup win in 1933.  He went to a draw and pulled out an old, white, stiff collar.  It had all the autographs of the Everton  cup winning team.  He let me hold it and I actually touched Dixie Dean's autograph. What I wouldn't give to have that collar now.

Arsenal have scored 15 goals in 14 away games this season - 5 of those in 1 game against us!

Burnely hadn’t won a top flight game from a losing position in 8 years... until, of course, the faced us!

We are just the gift that keeps giving!

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

thanks dunc great read.  hope he does well for Atlanta, they play the most attractive football in America.  martino is a good manager.

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Really sad about this. I visited this bar when I was doing a summer internship in New York City in the summer of 2016. Funny, I planned to be in New York City following university graduation, but landed a job (that I'm very happy with) home in Atlanta (I believe I've mentioned my geographic location before, Cornish Steve, so don't act surprised that we share a city!). 

Given my admiration and love for NYC, there's a decent chance I eventually move there for work - this saddens me because my vision of NY life always involved Saturday mornings in my favorite part of town (West Village. For those who visit NYC, please take a peek at this part of town. Very cool, calm part of town despite being on the insane island of Manhattan) watching my favorite team play. Everton are very much a part of my life, and should I ever leave Atlanta, I'm sure joining the local supporter's club will be one of my quickest ways of making friends wherever I go, so I feel bad for those who are losing there home to watch the club play and also a part of my future dream (*Queue Oasis' "Half the World Away"*), but I'm sure another Everton bar will pop up and that group of people will find a different home to watch the game together (I believe there is an Everton bar that recently popped up in Brooklyn). Having a supporters club to watch the game with other Blues over here in the States makes the fan experience so much closer to the real thing (Going to Goodison), and it sure kicks the shit out of watching the matches in my bedroom as a high schooler on a shitty stream off the internet like I was doing when I started watching the Blues in 2010. 

In a way, I guess the NYC Evertonians will have to do what all Evertonians do when the club move from Goodison to Bramley Moore - cherish the memories of the old joint, while making new memories and creating new traditions at the new place. 

I'll be raising a glass for Mr. Dennehys on Saturday morning.

Sorry for the tangent - I usually stick to sarcasm and snide remarks aimed at players, the club, and some of the more fanatical supporters, but this struck a chord with me as an American Evertonian. 

Hats off to the club and the fan engagement team again . I’ve been down at Finch Farm watching the girls enjoying themselves at the kids training day the the academy coaches laid on today

They really looked after the kids and it was a day they won’t forget, they are still buzzing now

Our tactics today were bizarre and gave us no chance against a team that was likely to thrash us no matter how brilliant our set up, but these last six are far more important. City are out of this world. Need some positivity and hopefully some good results going into the summer rather than last season where our players checked out in April and May.

3 hours ago, Quinn31 said:

Our tactics today were bizarre and gave us no chance against a team that was likely to thrash us no matter how brilliant our set up, but these last six are far more important. City are out of this world. Need some positivity and hopefully some good results going into the summer rather than last season where our players checked out in April and May.

We had tactics? I missed that.