IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

18 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Anyone see Everton/Wimbledon 1994 was on Match of Their Day last night as Ian Wright's pick of his favourite games that he didn't play in? It's on the iPlayer, starting about 38:40 in..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000hk60/match-of-their-day-series-1-episode-3

I did mate, I never get fed up watching that game, the thing I enjoy the most is how much it meant to the fans, the reactions were priceless.

Also it was nice to hear Wrighty speak about us the way he did, although he looked forward to playing us because he normally scored, he also has great respect for us as a club, clever bloke that Wrighty. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2020/05/01/singing-in-the-rain-with-10000-evertonians-the-personal-story-of-an-fa-cup-away-day-at-notts-county-in-1984/

One for the older blues amongst us ( obviously me included, I was one of the scallies in a green & white Benetton rugby top getting piss wet through !) 

Cracking story that and very well written, love it.

Just now, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Still one of my favourite always  to this day

Love the reference to being able to walk up to the ground as an away supporter and just buy a ticket at the turnstile, living in London that was how I saw games more often than not, I very rarely got to Goodison. The mention of the Coventry game though, that was probably the lowest of low points; 13,000 attendance? Unthinkable now, that aside at least nobody had a restricted view.:unsure:

12 hours ago, MikeO said:

Love the reference to being able to walk up to the ground as an away supporter and just buy a ticket at the turnstile, living in London that was how I saw games more often than not, I very rarely got to Goodison. The mention of the Coventry game though, that was probably the lowest of low points; 13,000 attendance? Unthinkable now, that aside at least nobody had a restricted view.:unsure:

Yeah I was there for that one and remember thinking there was no way back for Kendall

Was at this one as well and don’t think I saw any Wimbledon fans at all!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/26/premier-league-lowest-attendance-wimbledon-everton

15 hours ago, pete0 said:

Alcohol, gambling, pharmaceuticals what next prostitution? 

Tbf it's only cannabis oil so not addictive and doesn't get you stoned, so just the ethical case of whether medicine should be advertised rather than simply prescribed. 

I agree with you there Pete. 

I’ve no issue with CBD really, but so many people see cannabis and think drugs. I’d rather be sponsored by something health and well-being related than gambling or alcohol. 

27 minutes ago, StevO said:

I agree with you there Pete. 

I’ve no issue with CBD really, but so many people see cannabis and think drugs. I’d rather be sponsored by something health and well-being related than gambling or alcohol. 

Plus Tyson was a drug and gambling addict with a rape conviction. Hardly seems to fit the bill. 

3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Yeah I was there for that one and remember thinking there was no way back for Kendall

Was at this one as well and don’t think I saw any Wimbledon fans at all!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jan/26/premier-league-lowest-attendance-wimbledon-everton

I was always there for Wimbledon games, Plough Lane was walking distance from my flat. Remember them knocking us out of the FA Cup 3-1 in 1987, first time we'd lost in the cup outside of Wembley since 1983.:shakingfist:

31 minutes ago, barryj said:

I think a Cannabis leaf incorporated logo and the strap line ‘ For the higher good’ won’t be a good look. 

.....and then for the jokes if we do well about getting high, resigning Stones, making a hash of it or our players being out of puff. 

Could live with that, weed be breaking new ground; and our burger bars would make a fortune from fans with the munchies. Win win, absolutely sp(l)iffing if you ask me, could be a great joint enterprise.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Could live with that, weed be breaking new ground; and our burger bars would make a fortune from fans with the munchies. Win win, absolutely sp(l)iffing if you ask me, could be a great joint enterprise.

We’ll definitely get John Stoned back.

edit: oh no, I didn’t see that Barry had already set the trap... shame on me!

5 hours ago, StevO said:

Or just don’t go in the political threads? 

I could do that it would be the easiest thing for me to do, but that’s not going to help the forum as a whole, something is stopping people using the forum the number of active members as dropped quite dramatically even the stalwarts are dwindling, maybe John is right ever since the Brexit thread the place as gone slowly downhill, the thing with politics and religion for that matter is they are guaranteed to cause huge discord and splits amongst the group. 
My concern wasn’t for myself my concern was for the forum it’s self, and that maybe the political threads are doing more harm than good. 

Hi all, I’m still here, just haven’t had much to say as there’s no footy, apart from the rerun games on Weds and Saturdays, I’d imagine many others are the same. There’s a fair few reports of Facebook, but I’m dubious of the accuracy at present, well as always TBH.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

On 05/05/2020 at 19:39, Palfy said:

I could do that it would be the easiest thing for me to do, but that’s not going to help the forum as a whole, something is stopping people using the forum the number of active members as dropped quite dramatically even the stalwarts are dwindling, maybe John is right ever since the Brexit thread the place as gone slowly downhill, the thing with politics and religion for that matter is they are guaranteed to cause huge discord and splits amongst the group. 
My concern wasn’t for myself my concern was for the forum it’s self, and that maybe the political threads are doing more harm than good. 

If people are leaving because they don’t like the political threads, even though they could just stay out of them, then it’s a shame but it’s pretty pathetic too. 

I don’t feel comfortable in those threads, but the other mods are looking at those threads, so I just stay away. There are plenty of other threads on here to enjoy, without getting into politics. 

If the Brexit thread is upsetting you or John, just don’t go in those threads. You’re both grown ups and you don’t have to go in any thread. 

Im also pretty sure that if the number of visitors to a football based site is down, maybe it’s because there is no football to talk about. The same thing always happens between the end of the season and the transfer window opening.