IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Had to google them, don't like the fact that you don't get more than a thumbnail of the car you're interested before you have to enter your name, address, mobile and email. @StevO is probably the man to ask about them.

Other than that, as said above, at least it's not gambling.

They are what we call a disruptor. Companies like this make companies like mine (car dealership group) compete with each other to get a better deal for the customer (and a healthy commission for themselves rather than the salesperson).

In the motor trade companies like this have become like diving in football. You have to do it because the other team are. They get better deals for the customer, but make it harder for salespeople to earn a good living (they don’t make half as much as some would want you to think, and I’m not a sales person, in fact they do my head in most days).

This seems like a very good sponsorship, decent money and an honest company. 

I see people talk about them not being a big enough brand. We have Angry Birds and people complained. Even though they have a ridiculous reach (their games are played around the world for the equivalent of 16 years for every our of the day, and their games have been downloaded almost a billion times. Does it get much bigger?)

On Cazoo, I just hope we don’t have the little strap line under the logo on the shirts. I could see that peeling off. 

18 hours ago, Matt said:

Well, at least it's not gambling or alcohol!

Apparently £10m a year

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/everton-cazoo-shirt-sponsor-alex-chesterman

27m over three years, apparently. So less than SportPesa? No idea if that's actually the case but in the current climate I don't neccesarily see it as a backward step if it is. Sponsorship is going to be a completely different entity than what we're used to for a while.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

27m over three years, apparently. So less than SportPesa? No idea if that's actually the case but in the current climate I don't neccesarily see it as a backward step if it is. Sponsorship is going to be a completely different entity than what we're used to for a while.

Depends where you read I think but yeah, agree. 

Anyone worried about our run in? Without the GP crowd behind us I think we will have a tough set of fixtures. Norwich, villa and Bournemouth will be fighting for their lives (Bournemouth may be down by then). Then Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs and Wolves won’t give us much change. Add Sheffield Utd in who will have a chance of Europe and it makes for hard finish to the season. With only 2 CBs fit and Keane out of form (well was) I feel fairly pessimistic today. 

Now I’ve brought the mood down it’s great to see that we’re still the best club to support in the world and EITC is getting the recognition it deserves.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1679148/everton-leads-the-way-at-2020-sports-business-awards

47 minutes ago, barryj said:

Anyone worried about our run in? Without the GP crowd behind us I think we will have a tough set of fixtures. Norwich, villa and Bournemouth will be fighting for their lives (Bournemouth may be down by then). Then Liverpool, Leicester, Spurs and Wolves won’t give us much change. Add Sheffield Utd in who will have a chance of Europe and it makes for hard finish to the season. With only 2 CBs fit and Keane out of form (well was) I feel fairly pessimistic today. 

Now I’ve brought the mood down it’s great to see that we’re still the best club to support in the world and EITC is getting the recognition it deserves.

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/1679148/everton-leads-the-way-at-2020-sports-business-awards

I wouldn’t worry, as soon as the shite are mathematically champions a load of positive coronavirus results will be announced and the season will be curtailed ;).

Everton confirmed television dates for the remainder of the 2019/20 campaign are as follows –
Sunday, June 21

Everton vs Liverpool - 7pm – Sky Sports, Sky Pick (FREE)
Wednesday, June 24

Norwich City vs Everton - 6pm – BBC (FREE)

Wednesday, July 1

Everton vs Leicester City - 6pm – Sky Sports

Monday, July 6
Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton - 8pm - Sky Sports

Thursday, July 9
Everton vs Southampton - 6pm - Amazon Prime Video (FREE)

Sunday, July 12
Wolves vs Everton - 12pm - Sky Sports/Sky Pick (FREE)

There’s an excellent piece in the Times today about Denise and how the club have dealt with the Covid situation, so so proud to be a blue.

sorry if the link doesn’t work it may need a subscription, hopefully someone who subscribes can post it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/i-dont-see-myself-as-a-female-in-sport-im-a-leader-in-sport-ttnjtk53q

7 minutes ago, Matt said:

Better hope that Baines does sign that 12 month extension, or a LB will become a priority this summer 

he signed the short term extension to finish this campaign.  it's free money on the table for a guy at the end of his career, barring family issues i think he will sign.  i hope he will sign.  please please leighton sign it!  we need you!