IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

19 minutes ago, StevO said:

If the Brexit thread is upsetting you or John, just don’t go in those threads.

Indeed (and I'm off topic here) but if I recall correctly of the mods on here two voted to leave, one (me) voted remain, one was denied a vote and Louis is a mythical creature and nobody knows how he voted. So the suggestion that it all got nasty in the Brexit thread because all the mods are/were hard line remainers doesn't hold up; there's no doubt in my mind why the political threads descended the way they did in recent times...and it's now gone.

I don't think any are leaving, there’s just not much football to talk about at the moment. Once the world starts spinning again, TT will be back to its usual bickering and arguing haha!

I haven’t been posting much, but I still check in every day to see what’s going on. Can’t go to long without my blue family.

56 minutes ago, Shukes said:

I don't think any are leaving, there’s just not much football to talk about at the moment. Once the world starts spinning again, TT will be back to its usual bickering and arguing haha!

I haven’t been posting much, but I still check in every day to see what’s going on. Can’t go to long without my blue family.

Your still alive then😄

1 hour ago, StevO said:

If people are leaving because they don’t like the political threads, even though they could just stay out of them, then it’s a shame but it’s pretty pathetic too. 

I don’t feel comfortable in those threads, but the other mods are looking at those threads, so I just stay away. There are plenty of other threads on here to enjoy, without getting into politics. 

If the Brexit thread is upsetting you or John, just don’t go in those threads. You’re both grown ups and you don’t have to go in any thread. 

Im also pretty sure that if the number of visitors to a football based site is down, maybe it’s because there is no football to talk about. The same thing always happens between the end of the season and the transfer window opening. 

Fair enough Steve people will just have to put up with my political rantings for a bit longer then 👍😄

1 minute ago, Shukes said:

Haha yes mate. Though I’m running out of re runs to watch now. I need football back..... stuff all this safety...... bring back footy!!!!!

😂😂 I watched the whole of the 1994 derby the other day we won 2-0 at Goodison were bottom of the league, Joe Royal had just taken over from Walker, Big Dunc was on loan and scored his first goal for us with a towering header from a corner which was automatically going to make him a hero, and Rideout came on at half time to finish them off in the dying minutes. 
But it’s not same as the real live event, and if the season does kick off again it won’t satisfy me being played behind closed doors, without the atmosphere of the supporters it’s going to be soulless. 
But anyway you’re alive and well 😉

On 07/05/2020 at 12:44, Btay said:

Just a thought I had and interested to see others thoughts;

right now; are we closer to the title or relegation?

Relegation.

I think we’re closer to the top 5 than relegation, but the title is a giant step. 

were 3 or 4 players away from making a push for the top four. But we’re 15 players away from the title.

14 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Voted in the top 100 companies to work for in the UK again for the 3rd year running as well. Still the only football team to ever get into the top 100.

We may be shit at football, but damn we are great at the rest!

Spot on mate, it’s a great feeling and the football will get there soon. 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Had an email from Everton today confirming that I’ll be able to get a refund on the remaining home games for my season ticket. Or you can have it as credit or donate some or all to EITC. 

Our club showing, once again, the right way of going about things. 

I got it too despite not having a season ticket for 15 years, which was a bit confusing, but as you say the right thing to do things. 

54 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Last game of the season was scheduled today H to Bournemouth. I think we would have failed top 6 but possibly put the nail in the coffin for Bournemouth.... who knows?

We’ll probably find out in a month or so. I expect the season will get played out.

I really can't see that happening, 9 games to play and a start in August/September? I voted Void the season in our poll. League 2 are voiding and in view of the pandemic I think that is fair. Yes as a Blue I'll be seen as pissing on the red parade but to paraphrase Shankly there are more important things in life than football.

56 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

I really can't see that happening, 9 games to play and a start in August/September? I voted Void the season in our poll. League 2 are voiding and in view of the pandemic I think that is fair. Yes as a Blue I'll be seen as pissing on the red parade but to paraphrase Shankly there are more important things in life than football.

They didn’t vote to void the season. They voted to end it and have promotion but no relegation. 

4 hours ago, Matt said:

I got it too despite not having a season ticket for 15 years, which was a bit confusing, but as you say the right thing to do things. 

I saw the announcement online and heard about it on SSN, but as a season ticket holder I’ve not had the email yet. Always the trailblazers in setting the standard for all other Premier League teams to try and follow. Not just the People’s Club in name. 

3 hours ago, Wiggytop said:

I got the email this morning, also have see the posts on Facebook, most seem to be donating the refund to EITC if they are able to do so, I will be, there’s lots of people in worse of situation and in need of assistance.

Either way very proud to be a blue and part of the family.

👍