IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

When I heard the news I immediately thought about this too. 

Hopefully it gets overturned as if it doesn't it will only hamper us in the long term.

FFP ensures long term stability of all clubs but means that there will never be a competitive league as the divide will only get larger. The big clubs get bigger as their revenue increases due to more exposure, success and growing a fan base. This is the single point that I want City to beat this otherwise it destroys the dreams of all lower clubs that one day that could be their club. (It also helps that we for the first time in my adult lifetime that we are financially competitive) 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

FFP ensures long term stability of all clubs but means that there will never be a competitive league as the divide will only get larger. The big clubs get bigger as their revenue increases due to more exposure, success and growing a fan base. This is the single point that I want City to beat this otherwise it destroys the dreams of all lower clubs that one day that could be their club. (It also helps that we for the first time in my adult lifetime that we are financially competitive) 

City will be fighting to get FFP abolished as much as getting the ban overturned. I hope they succeed because, as you said, FFP was designed to make a closed shop for the established elite but was dressed up as protecting clubs from massive debts. 

1 hour ago, barryj said:

23 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

City will be fighting to get FFP abolished as much as getting the ban overturned. I hope they succeed because, as you said, FFP was designed to make a closed shop for the established elite but was dressed up as protecting clubs from massive debts. 

I agree with you both. City at least sound confident.

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

Gary Neville spoke about this brilliantly. Basically said FFP is a load of bollocks. Designed to protect the club's like United and Liverpool who sell shirts......  Neville said city will win. 

It may end up with FFP changing...... 

He did speak well. I think he read my post before the match! 😂

5 hours ago, Bill said:

He is, has bought a football club and he is awaiting planning permission to erect some multi story buildings in Manchester city centre. ☺

I work in Manchester... can't believe how much they are still growing it.  Liverpool is a better city centre  in my book.... more atmosphere and warmth.

12 hours ago, Hafnia said:

I work in Manchester... can't believe how much they are still growing it.  Liverpool is a better city centre  in my book.... more atmosphere and warmth.

Was up there for a gig at The Bridgewater Hall last year, amazing amount of high risers going up; actually made me feel quite ill just walking around and looking up. Horrible.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Was up there for a gig at The Bridgewater Hall last year, amazing amount of high risers going up; actually made me feel quite ill just walking around and looking up. Horrible.

Yep.... as the train arrives in Manchester Victoria I look around the skyline and it's awful.

The amount of homeless people spiced off their faces is astonishing.  There something in the air that I can't get my head around.  The other day I went out for my lunch and couldn't get into Morrison's as it was cordoned off.... someone had been stabbed several times. 

On 12/02/2020 at 20:55, Wiggytop said:

I was just about to post a link to Speedos donation site! , we always drop some money in his bucket at Goodison, to go to a game in her shreddies is one thing, to walk 1000 miles in December through Feb is something else. The guy is a shining example of how to turn your life around and then help others. He always has time for everyone at the ground, if he is talking to someone and you drop some money in his bucket, he always makes sure he catches up with you to say thank you.

So for anyone who isn’t aware of him here’s the link to donate to his fantastic effort.TIA.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/speedomick-1000-ml-charity?d=6aq9C13IdZLqIdmFobn5t86bPDvoh6BrJQQpzoC2VHo%3D

Finishing tomorrow and has cracked his target yet again, on £261,232 currently.

24 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

We’re away this  week but I’ve been able to keep up via his Facebook page. Fantastic achievement, I’m looking forward to shaking his hand again at Goodison and dropping a few quid more in his bucket.

I'm only about 130 miles from Land's End and would love to drive down tomorrow to see him complete, but sadly circumstances don't allow. Some people just restore your faith in human nature in these troubled times; not ashamed to say I was welling up when he came into view in a lay-by on the north Devon link road last week, all I could do was clap my hands. Astonishing thing to have done even putting the Evertonian connection aside.

On 23/02/2020 at 09:45, Romey 1878 said:

I hope he's offered some sort of royal award because of this (whether he'd accept it is another story, and lets not go into that please). This type of thing is what those awards should be about.

On the beeb again this morning, about 1.50.18 into this..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000fs2b/breakfast-25022020

I think we all agree money is the biggest contribution to success, how are we ever going to challenge the shite when they post a 533 million turn over with profits of 42 million, against our dismal accounts. 
We can bring in owners with more money but FFP rules don’t allow them to spend what they want, this year alone we are over 150 million plus in revenue behind them.

Personally I can’t see us bridging that gap for some decades, because of the rules set by the governing bodies which weren’t in position when Utd, City and the shite were building up there head of steam.