IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Since Silva left:

Everton 3 - 1 Chelsea

Man U 1 - 1 Everton

Everton 2 - 2 (p) Leciester (League Cup)

Everton 0 - 0 Arsenal

Everton 1 - 0 Burnley

Chelsea struggling at the moment, but have also taken the 3rd most points away from home. It wasn't easy to bounce back from the derby but it was a game we dominated.

Man U have taken the 3rd most points at home this season. To go there and take a point was a good result. They were on top for large parts of the match but we gave very little away and it took a half chance to see them take a point.

The Leciester game was one of very few games in recent times that we have fought back to take anything out of a game. To come from 2 down would normally be unheard of, and to lose on penalties was unfortunate.

The Arsenal game was a 'lets not lose this' for both teams, and it certainly panned out that way. Arsenal have struggled, but after the match it means we have taken 6 points off 'top 6' teams this season. Not bad seeing as thats over a quarter of the points we have gained.

The win against Burnley was one we would not have got 3 weeks ago.

26 minutes ago, StevO said:

Can’t underestimate what Duncan did, and then the perfect storm to get Carlo. Are we finally getting a bit of luck?

I was going to say Carlo must have all the luck, comes in and suddenly everything starts going our way.  Or maybe he makes his own luck.  He isn’t afraid to get at the refs and his reputation precedes him with refs and players.  

11 hours ago, Aidan said:

Second in the form table with 11 points from 5 games (with plenty tough opponents may I add), only the shite have done better. We've got 2 clean sheets in the past 3 games, compared to 3 from the whole of the season before that. 

I was going to say the same thing, significant improvements are being seen and enjoyed, really excited about the rest of season and beyond.

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

That was the first time we've won 2 league games in a row all season. Hopefully we can now find the consistency we need because as of now we're only 7 points off fourth.

should have got rid of Silva a long time ago after 4 games it was plain to see we were going backwards. 

I think it’s worked out well. We kept Marco until almost all the fan base was completely in agreement that he should go and this happened to coincide with Ancelotti becoming available. I think this got the board out of what could have been a big hole. However, credit for them jumping on it and moving it through quickly.   

21 hours ago, Palfy said:

Possibly not but that wasn’t the plan to keep Silva until Ancelotti got the sack, although I’m sure Matt will post he new it was and Nelly ‘s like me should know better. 

Ancelotti’s availability was a happy coincidence. The names touted beforehand were less than inspiring. I guess the board could’ve panicked like they did with Koeman and we’d have ended up with Moyes again, or worse. That was the main reason I continued to have patience with Silva, a manager I didn’t want or really like; there were no targets that would’ve improved us. Then we got lucky and the board did the right thing.

Ancelotti has long been my target, before Koeman even. So, again, I’ve no idea what you’re on about. 

6 hours ago, MikeO said:

Makes you wonder how many Ugandans could potentially be playing for us in 5-6 years time, supporting 3rd world countries with their coaching facilities is great to see, and one of the best scouting mechanisms for the future. 
Well done Everton the people’s club doing what it does better than anyone else. 

3 hours ago, TallPaul1878 said:

I made a post about this a few days ago and it got poo poo'd a bit. The catastrophic decisions made with previous managers and recruitment have cost us dearly. It is vital we offload the dead weight at our club. Even if you look back at our best and worst signings over the past few years it is pretty ominous that many of our most expensive signings haven't really justified their price tag when compared to players we have brought in at a lower price tag.

Moving forward we really still need to be achieving value for money in the transfer market. It is utterly ridiculous that new signings are being outperformed by players from the academy 

I wouldn’t have dismissed that as I have been saying in the summer transfer window you can’t keep on buying shit players and putting them on 100k a week then need to keep replacing them with other 100k a week players, and yet can’t off load the ones you’ve got as this article testified you got in the shit. 

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

reports circling that we have record losses for the last year, largest ever in our history.  transfer kitty supposed to be smaller and well need to sell to buy in some cases.  not sure how much truth there is to that.  if so Carlo must be fuming

He will have come in with his eyes open, any "reports circulating" he'll have been aware of how much truth there are in them. Move along, nothing to see here.